Sousei no Aquarion.

It IS possible to get poses without the stand but you have to position it JUST right. There's just too much weight on the backpack in all three modes. I was kinda nervous getting the Aquarion in these John Woo style poses.  :lol:

386555[/snapback]

:lol: , looks kinda funny seeing a robot in that pose :p .

About the back pack thing, since I have 6 Vectors, I could probably build 3 Aquarions if I don't add the back pack :D . I'm sure the connector's are the same on both versions, so that should work, though I haven't seen anyone try it yet.

386682[/snapback]

Kawamori tries it in the new issue of Figure Oh. He made some huge kind of sword or something out of at least 6 vectors.

Also he made some funny robots using the Luna and the Mars vectors which look like they're skiing. And for some reason he also encased some in ice.

I swear that guy's a madman.

It IS possible to get poses without the stand but you have to position it JUST right. There's just too much weight on the backpack in all three modes. I was kinda nervous getting the Aquarion in these John Woo style poses.  :lol:

386555[/snapback]

About the back pack thing, since I have 6 Vectors, I could probably build 3 Aquarions if I don't add the back pack :D . I'm sure the connector's are the same on both versions, so that should work, though I haven't seen anyone try it yet.

386682[/snapback]

Kawamori tries it in the new issue of Figure Oh. He made some huge kind of sword or something out of at least 6 vectors.

Also he made some funny robots using the Luna and the Mars vectors which look like they're skiing. And for some reason he also encased some in ice.

386799[/snapback]

ICE? LOL! Then again if a company was making toys that I designed and giving me multiple samples to mess with, I'd probably do some crazy shiz like that also. I find the toy designs to be VERY appealing however the price is the main thing stopping me from purchasing. Maybe a smaller cheaper version will be made in the future. Or maybe when I get a job lol. The attack version is pure bliss! God that looks awesome.

The soundtrack is GREAT as well!

386555[/snapback]

386682[/snapback]

386799[/snapback]

Have those Figure Oh pics been posted anywhere? I'd LOVE to see what else Kawamori can do with the Vectors.

Looks like some fans have already discovered new transformations. Can you say....HEAVY VARIABLE FIGHTER!?!?!?!?

WOW!

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35441

Edited by UN Spacy

386555[/snapback]

386682[/snapback]

386799[/snapback]

Have those Figure Oh pics been posted anywhere? I'd LOVE to see what else Kawamori can do with the Vectors.

Looks like some fans have already discovered new transformations. Can you say....HEAVY VARIABLE FIGHTER!?!?!?!?

WOW!

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35441

387252[/snapback]

Kawamori should be proud! That is AWESOME! I wonder what the recipe for that one is. Hopefully its just one set rather than multiples....god that would be expensive!

I just watched all 26 eps of aquarion again in one marathon session. Although I am not the super robot type, really the robot is one of the coolest combining ideas I have seen.

It's too bad we only got to see the tank mode right at the end. I love how in the show they can kinda mix and match assault vectors with the hero vectors and how the wings can be used as an extra pair of arms. (now imagine each hand carrying a sword and doing inhuman sword techniques ie like General Grievious in star wars? :D)

And the story I can kind of apreciate it alot more now having seen it all in 1 chunk. Especially how in the very beginning when they were looking for wings on appollonius' back and couldn't find any due to his legendary form having ripped them off. And how the 3 vectors were used to stitch the world back together to save both the angels and humans at once rather than killing one side off completely with a victor and loser - The pilots are the "three arrows" fudo gen was talking about going in seperate ways as a united team as opposed to having three people doing the exact same thing and agreeing with each other but being weaker overall since each pilot in a team has a unique super power. If it is the earth at stake they both have a common goal to protect it since they both feed from it. That being the common goal of the angels and humans despite fighting over differences.

Nature has all kind of different animals that compete for food but they are in a way sort of reliant on each other like the threads in a web that brings things together for support as a whole because of thier connection. (you got the 'destruction' side of the super powers, and the 'union' side, and it is symbolic in how the vectors seperate - like the three arrows going in seperate directions to behave as powers with individual strengths unique to thier "kind" - and combine together - where the arrows' individual strengths is working towards a single goal to become powerful body. And with that power finally being used to bring in the creation of the "new world" in the prophecy. (so all the fighting and training was necessary if the prophecy were to come true and aquarion's power was to be strong enough in the trials to save the world against the shortage in energy)

But anyway as a super robot, I think it is cool for how you can combine any piece. If these were mass produced the military could make all kinds of custom versions of an aquarion. Or just make custom vectors and then mix and match different custom vectors together to make unique robot combinations. Then have a team of different mass production aquarions work together. It's a really cool toy. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It's too bad we only got to see the tank mode right at the end.

Actually, it is one of the things that are sorta useless... but it is just so cooool and as a form looks more sensed than the gimmicks in many other mecha anime. Also the Assault Walker mode was so cool in that it was even a reference to Macross.

The pilots are the "three arrows" fudo gen was talking about going in seperate ways as a united team as opposed to having three people doing the exact same thing and agreeing with each other but being weaker overall since each pilot in a team has a unique super power. If it is the earth at stake they both have a common goal to protect it since they both feed from it. That being the common goal of the angels and humans despite fighting over differences.

I think that could be also a cultural reference to yoga:

The word "yoga" derives from the Sanskrit root yuj ("to yoke"); which is cognate to modern English "yoke". Both derive from the Proto-Indo-European root *yeug- meaning "to join" or "unite" [1].

It is generally translated as "union of the individual atma (loosely translated to mean soul) with Paramatma, the universal soul." This may be understood as union with the Divine by integration of body, mind, and spirit.

In Japanese "kokoro" can be translate both as heart or as mind, so Aquarion's gattai is kinda like a yoga's group exercise. Also, I think the "union with the divine" part explains why a datenshi is needed to have the real Aquarion.

Beside this there is the myth that yogis (those who practice yoga) could acquire legendary powers called siddhis:

mystic yogi can enter into the sun planet simply by using the rays of the sunshine. This perfection is called laghima. Similarly, a yogi can touch the moon with his finger. Though the modern astronauts go to the moon with the help of spaceships, they undergo many difficulties, whereas a person with mystic perfection can extend his hand and touch the moon with his finger. This siddhi is called prapti, or acquisition. With this prapti siddhi, the perfect mystic yogi can not only touch the moon planet, but he can extend his hand anywhere and take whatever he likes. He may be sitting thousands of miles away from a certain place, and if he likes he can take fruit from a garden there (NOD, pp. 11-12).

The prapti siddhi provides a perfect example of what we mean by the extension of access between locations. Consider the yogi on the earth who reaches out his hand to touch the moon. Does the yogi experience that his hand moves up through the atmosphere and crosses over thousands of miles of outer space, followed by a greatly elongated arm? This hardly seems plausible. We suggest that this siddhi actually allows the yogi to directly reach any desired location, and thus it requires higher dimensional connections between remotely separated regions. The idea here is that Krishna always has direct access to all locations, and by His grace this power of direct access can be conferred to varying degrees on various living beings.

I think this could be the ispiration for Mugen Punch, but the real prapti in the series is practiced by Gen who takes object out of nowhere.

Also worth noting there is a siddhi called "mahima", which can makes you as big as a mountain.

FV

• 2 months later...

More Aquarion is always good news!

Hopefully this will be a full series and not just a movie or OVA.

Btw, is Satelight working on anything else besides the Hellsing OVA at the moment?

Noein is excellent (need 1 more ep to finish it), I really want to see something new from them.

Moon Phase listed it under "TV anime" (instead of movie and OVA), so it should really be a series. I was trying to avoid hopes too high keeping telling myself it would be a recap movie a la DYRL, but now my mind is more open to that announcement. Well, that's more great than words can say. And it's likely the sequel was already thought all along.

Plus the blog said Kawamori was playing with Lego, so we can expect another Aquarion mecha. I am really looking forward to this.

FV

Ah, now it's sounding promising!

A new Aqua machine could be really cool but I wa sactually hoping that the Super Robot Wars Original Generation tv series would get all the good merchandise this fall.

But that's just me being selfish for my want of a DX SRX. :p

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm currently 2/3 into this show.

The good: the mecha designs (even though they're seem to be a mix of M+ & NGE)

The bad: virtually everything else.

-The good guys - not really one likeable character in there. Everyone seems to be nothing more than a selfish brat.

-The villains - are they really villainous? They seem more like bored people trying to pass the time.

-The sexual innuendo - ah come on! Every time I see some hint of sex, I just roll my eyes, especially during the combining into Aquarion part <_<

-The story - only so-so. You can tell there's something coming, but they're just taking too much of their sweet time getting to it.

I don't want to say that every show should be targeted at adults, but you'd think this show should at least be targeted at teens, but IMO, it seems to be more preteen.

The show also seems to be heavily overdramatic at times. They're making David Caruso of CSI Miami look good.

At 1/3 of the show, I decided to stop taking this show seriously, and start treating like a comedy/parody of the super robot genre. Since then, this series has been a bit more endurable.

Edited by The Shade

• 3 months later...

Hope it´s not as lame as the series.

it´s funny how I first had very high expectations of Aquarion and in the other hand very low ones for Eureka 7, in the end it was entirely the other way, Aquarion ended up being horribly lame and eureka 7 incredibly awesome.

when I see Kawamori credited as director i get chills on my back

I guess I chose a good time to finally finish watching this. Of course I'm still in the decision mode and not quite in the finishing mode. I only got up to about episode 5 before I bailed on it. Guess I'll have to suffer through a few more to let the story get going.

More of Assualt Aquarion can only be a good thing. :lol:

Agreed! :) The Assault units were one of the best things about Aquarion. The story itself started out well, but quality was all over the place during the series. Coulda done with a lot less of the super robotish stuff like that moon punch thingy :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...