I have a few brits in my trombone studio here at Wichita state... they're anything BUT effeminate. (although, we DO rag them about Tea time and the metric system, it's all in good fun, as they do it right back..)

A "souped up" newer model of Firebird would suit the movie nicely.

Ah the metric system!

You mean that little known system that's in use by 99% of the world :lol:

Graham

I have a few brits in my trombone studio here at Wichita state... they're anything BUT effeminate. (although, we DO rag them about Tea time and the metric system, it's all in good fun, as they do it right back..)

Ah the metric system!

You mean that little known system that's in use by 99% of the world :lol:

Graham

Yah. That silly thing.

The last Firebird's bowed out in 2002.

I just remembered KITT's totally unergonomic steering whee.. erm...eh...steering thingy...

I guess it never mattered cuz it was KITT who drove most of the time.

So who's gonna be in the movie? Bonnie or April? :lol:

damn not that stupid pic again :blink: arghhhh my figgin eyes are burning again!!! by the way i used to watch this show alot when i was younger but do not seem to remember much anymore. wasnt it K.A.R.R. that destroyed K.I.T.T. in one episode? and didnt they get a new version of KITT after that does anyone have the pics of the car they used? i could have swore half way through one epiosed kitt got blown up and they got a new verion.

chris

P.S> NERV you should be banned for posting that pic :rolleyes::p

As far as I know (and pardon my ignorance if you happen to be from the UK), most educated British men are naturally effeminate and condescending.

Ah...stereotypes, based on Hollywood's portrayal of the British! Yes, all educated British men are naturally effeminate and condescending, just the same way as all Americans are 350lb, burger eating, flannel shirt wearing slobs called Bubba who marry their 14 year old cousins. :lol:

I'm guessing you've not travelled outside of the US much eh?

There's nothing I hate worse than steroytyping or generalizations. You will find effeminate and condescending men in every country and among every people, just as you wil find fat slobs in every country. There's no monopoly on this sort of thing you know!

Graham

So TRUE SO TRUE! In the US, we have Bobepat! hahahaha j/k

damn not that stupid pic again :blink: arghhhh my figgin eyes are burning again!!! by the way i used to watch this show alot when i was younger but do not seem to remember much anymore. wasnt it K.A.R.R. that destroyed K.I.T.T. in one episode? and didnt they get a new version of KITT after that does anyone have the pics of the car they used? i could have swore half way through one epiosed kitt got blown up and they got a new verion.

chris

P.S> NERV you should be banned for posting that pic :rolleyes::p

Let's see...as far as I remember... Goliath hurt KITT pretty bad. MK did some trash work to get KITT running so he could get it fixed. Then there was the episode where KITT got destroyed by acid and they had to rebuild him. There was the episode where KITT got destroyed by some missiles and they rebuilt him with the super pursuit crap. I don't remember KARR ever destroying KITT though. The two times that I remember them meeting, once, KITT used a grappling hook from the rear that sent KARR off the cliff. They thought KARR got destroyed, but then some dude uncovered KARR from the sand. And then KITT had to use this deflecting windshield to repel the laser that shot back at KARR and then he was hurt. Then KITT finished him off when they did a joust using turbo boosts.

thanks i could have swore he got destroyed, it has been along time since i have seen the series so that is probably why my memory is not so good on it. :ph34r:

damn not that stupid pic again :blink:  arghhhh my figgin eyes are burning again!!! by the way i used to watch this show alot when i was younger but do not seem to remember much anymore. wasnt it K.A.R.R. that destroyed K.I.T.T. in one episode? and didnt they get a new version of KITT after that does anyone have the pics of the car they used? i could have swore half way through one epiosed kitt got blown up and they got a new verion.

chris

P.S> NERV you should be banned for posting that pic :rolleyes:  :p

Let's see...as far as I remember... Goliath hurt KITT pretty bad. MK did some trash work to get KITT running so he could get it fixed. Then there was the episode where KITT got destroyed by acid and they had to rebuild him. There was the episode where KITT got destroyed by some missiles and they rebuilt him with the super pursuit crap. I don't remember KARR ever destroying KITT though. The two times that I remember them meeting, once, KITT used a grappling hook from the rear that sent KARR off the cliff. They thought KARR got destroyed, but then some dude uncovered KARR from the sand. And then KITT had to use this deflecting windshield to repel the laser that shot back at KARR and then he was hurt. Then KITT finished him off when they did a joust using turbo boosts.

Jesus Christ, the Goliath episode, how the hell did I manage to repel those memories??!

Yeah, and Michael Knight's evil twin shows up or something, and it's -- you guessed it -- David Hasselhoff with a goatee. I also remember his name. It's "Garth".

"Garth & Goliath". Holy Mary Magdalen.

I just remembered KITT's totally unergonomic steering whee.. erm...eh...steering thingy...

I guess it never mattered cuz it was KITT who drove most of the time.

One of the (many) things that bugged me about Knight Rider 2000 is when they show Michael a fat box of junk and they say that's what's left of the original KITT. But you can clearly see in there a normal steering wheel peeking out. What, did the makers like, not see the original show? <_<

I don't remember much about the series, so I'm not sure if this question has been answered:

In episode 1, when Michael is first recovered by Knight Industries, the doctor mentions that if not for the metal plate on his skull, he would've died. Where or when did Michael get his skull plated in the first place?

He was a cop, had it "Installed" from being shot previously while on duty, back in his Michale Schlong days. The ...to be continued... episode of KITT vs Goliath was the best, I remember that like it was yesterday, that was the first time time I remember saying fcuk. (Fcuk! To be continued?") my mother was freaked out, my dad laughed, oh the funny childhood memories.

Edited by Mechwarrior

Damn, man. I just went through Disc 2. Episode 9 ("Trust Doesn't Rust") is probably the best episode next to the pilot. And how could I forget that Peter Cullen did the voice of K.A.R.R.?

"I am the Knight Automated Roving Robot. K.A.R.R., if you prefer. I am the prototype of the car of the future!"

K.A.R.R. was devastatingly cooler in the ill-fated Team Knight Rider.

K.A.R.R. was a modern modified black Ferrari 355 GTS with missile launchers! I wet my pants! That's seriously one good vehicle and would be great in a new series.

-edit-

Actually, it was renamed K.R.O. KNIGHT REFORMULATION ONE

9c598720.jpg

d92c8960.jpg

The driver was Martin Jensen and it was supposed to replace KITT and Michael Knight, except the car went crazy like K.A.R.R. and killed 6 people and Team Knight Rider (all 5 ugly vehicles) had to team up to destroy K.R.O.

Edited by ComicKaze

I like how they portrayed the Team Knight Rider members as being weaker individually-not being complete without the combined efforts of the team, sort of like Voltron or something. They even went to explain this in the K.R.O. episode, stating that a situation like Michael Knight and Kitt, or Martin/K.R.O. was dangerous because it placed too much power in the hands of one man...

Hey, was that a real 355? Maybe it was the smaller than stock wheels that made it look odd, but I would have sworn that K.R.O. was a replica car or something...

Hey, was that a real 355? Maybe it was the smaller than stock wheels that made it look odd, but I would have sworn that K.R.O. was a replica car or something...

Duh! For a cheap series like TKR, Universal wouldn't be stupid enough to destroy a real Ferrari. Like Crockett's Ferrari Daytona Spyder in Miami Vice, K.R.O. is a kit car built on another car's chassis to look like a Ferrari.

Hey, was that a real 355?  Maybe it was the smaller than stock wheels that made it look odd, but I would have sworn that K.R.O. was a replica car or something...

Duh! For a cheap series like TKR, Universal wouldn't be stupid enough to destroy a real Ferrari. Like Crockett's Ferrari Daytona Spyder in Miami Vice, K.R.O. is a kit car built on another car's chassis to look like a Ferrari.

The Testarosa was real, but in the chase scenes they used a Pantera that was dolled up to look like the Testarosa.

The Testarossa was real, but in the chase scenes they used a Pantera that was dolled up to look like the Testarossa.

I wasn't talking about the white Testarossa; I was talking about the black Daytona Spyder. Both show and stunt cars were imitations.

Yeah I know.

They were forced by Ferrari to get a real car for fear or a lawsuit for the studio misreprsenting their product.

The Testarossa was real, but in the chase scenes they used a Pantera that was dolled up to look like the Testarossa.

I wasn't talking about the white Testarossa; I was talking about the black Daytona Spyder. Both show and stunt cars were imitations.

Yeah I know.

They were forced by Ferrari to get a real car for fear or a lawsuit for the studio misreprsenting their product.

Thats WHY they got rid of the Daytona and got the Testarosa.

You seem to follow me around Macross World making homosexual comments... I can only conclude that this is some sort of attempt to have homosexual relations with me...

I appologise. I am straight. Don't feel alone though you are not the first homosexual man that has been turned down by me. If you are looking for a man I suggest looking to M7 fans.

I'm just trying to point you in the right direction.

I think you need to set your soul free and and give in to your inner most desires.

I had a cousin who did this and his life was certainly more "fulfilling" after he answered his true calling..

I'm not coming on to you, I'm just a concerned and helpful (straight btw) MW'er. B))

K.A.R.R. was devastatingly cooler in the ill-fated Team Knight Rider.

K.A.R.R. was a modern modified black Ferrari 355 GTS with missile launchers! I wet my pants! That's seriously one good vehicle and would be great in a new series.

-edit-

Actually, it was renamed K.R.O. KNIGHT REFORMULATION ONE

9c598720.jpg

d92c8960.jpg

The driver was Martin Jensen and it was supposed to replace KITT and Michael Knight, except the car went crazy like K.A.R.R. and killed 6 people and Team Knight Rider (all 5 ugly vehicles) had to team up to destroy K.R.O.

Team Knight Rider made me sad. They should not have the ability to improve KARR.

Writing was, generally speaking, bad. At least from the handful of episodes I saw.

And the vehicles were lame. No awesome special abilities, they were just bulletproof cars.

Except the motorcycles. And whoever thought bulletproof motorbikes was a good idea should be run over by them.

Uhh, the Testarossa in Miami Vice WAS DONATED TO THE SHOW BY FERRARI in the 3rd season.

I don't know if any misrepresentation fears had anything to do with the replacement of the Daytona Spyder which was indeed kit car.

Edited by ComicKaze

Jesus Christ, the Goliath episode, how the hell did I manage to repel those memories??!

Yeah, and Michael Knight's evil twin shows up or something, and it's -- you guessed it -- David Hasselhoff with a goatee.  I also remember his name.  It's "Garth".

"Garth & Goliath".  Holy Mary Magdalen.

It wasn't his evil twin. In a rare example of the show making some kind of sense, thematically, Garthe (yes, with an an extra "E" for "EEEE-vil!") Knight was the actual son of the head of the Knight Corporation.

When Michael died, he had extensive plastic surgery to "change his identity." Well, it turns out that the good folks at Knight Industries made Michael look just like Mr. Knight's wayward, unrepetantly evil, soulpatch-having son.

Then Garthe shows up and he's all like, "WTF? Dad, you were really messed up! I think I'll make an evil 18 wheeler and destroy some shizznit."

post-25-1111075162.jpg

Thus Michael and KITT have to take him down and forever finally banish big rigs to the land of "not really that cool" after they'd enjoyed a long period of bizarre popularity due to the antics of Smokey, the Bandit, BJ, and the Bear since the '70s.

And it let us see the true awesome power of Hasslehoff's dual role acting abilities.

I still kinda feel bad for Garthe. I'd hate it if my parents disowned me and reconfigured some weenie stranger to have my face and then drive a magic car around and save local circuses and whatnot.

Not to mention... look at that player! Now that is cool and sophisticated.

post-26-1111074933.jpg

Edited by Blaine23

I like how they portrayed the Team Knight Rider members as being weaker individually-not being complete without the combined efforts of the team, sort of like Voltron or something. They even went to explain this in the K.R.O. episode, stating that a situation like Michael Knight and Kitt, or Martin/K.R.O. was dangerous because it placed too much power in the hands of one man...

It's a cool team message, but thematically inconsistant with the original Knight Rider. KR was always about, "One man can make a difference." TKR was more like, "One man might screw up, so six is better."

Uhh, the Testarossa in Miami Vice WAS DONATED TO THE SHOW BY FERRARI in the 3rd season.

I don't know if any misrepresentation fears had anything to do with the replacement of the Daytona Spyder which was indeed kit car.

Oh... interesting.

Not the way I heard it but I don't remember who told me.

Thus Michael and KITT have to take him down and forever finally banish big rigs to the land of "not really that cool" after they'd enjoyed a long period of bizarre popularity due to the antics of Smokey, the Bandit, BJ, and the Bear since the '70s.

I take it you didn't like The Highwayman.

post-26-1111093408.jpg