1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

How much more is needed to complete the artist proof?

368529[/snapback]

With the exception of a tweak here and a panel line here or there, the pattern is done :) That being said, lots of parts need to have at least 2 molds, arm parts, cannon parts, all the leg parts...and some will just need to have gang molds made, like all the parts i want to do in the clear red. That will take a bit. After that I will need to do the instructions. People who want their kit early and don't mind watching the instructions unfold will likely be able to get the first kits in approx 1 month.....barring any problems. I was waiting to announce the final price until the molds are done (i still won't take money until they are)........so.....

When we started the project my target was to offer a better option than the existing kit, which runs up to $400.00 if you count in shipping if you can find one, lighter and much better detailed, and more true to the various depictions of the monster (my "blueprints" were enlarged printouts of different reference pics) . My original target was $275.00 plus shipping not including the decals. I am happy to say that after a lot of work and a lot of materials, i will be able to offer the kit for.........................

$250.00 including the decals, the breakdown is $240.00 for the kit and $10.00 for the decals. Shipping will be determined when i have a final weight, but i expect it to be around $15.00......

This will be the biggest kit that i offer, and it is priced less than my other kits.

mike

Edited by mslz22

I'm officially in.

Mike... will you rotocast this one? Or will this be solid resin??

368547[/snapback]

The master was built so that the body is made up of a "top" and 3 "bottom" parts, that way the body is hollow, also allows for light/wire routing, same thing with the cannons. The feet are solid, but only because i want to keep it bottom heavy so there is no chance of tiping over. Long story short, rotocasting is not needed. the parts will be pressure cast to keep bubbles to an min.

$250.00 including the decals, the breakdown is $240.00 for the kit and $10.00 for the decals.

368541[/snapback]

Wow, you were able to get the price less! :blink: Heheeh, I don't wanna know the shipping cost to over here... :lol:

Finglish edited :p

Edited by Sdf-1

If it's possible, please put me down for 1. Thanks!! :)

368546[/snapback]

I'm officially in.

Mike... will you rotocast this one? Or will this be solid resin??

368547[/snapback]

Added. :)

$250.00 including the decals, the breakdown is $240.00 for the kit and $10.00 for the decals. Shipping will be determined when i have a final weight, but i expect it to be around $15.00......

Updated first page. :)

Edited by AlphaHX

What about the arms? Will these be solid or hollow?

368557[/snapback]

The arms, not the side cannons, will be solid, but they are not as much resin as you might think. I kept them solid because even with the side cannons being mostly hollow they are still a bit heavy and i do not want any sagging. For running wire up from the side cannons to the body you will be able to use hollow brass, which will also make a strong bond between the parts.

Ill take an early one without instructions mike. Just let me know when you want me to paypal.

368562[/snapback]

Well I might go for that too, but what about this distance for shipping instructions afterwards... Umm, could they be just downloaded or something? Yep, and the decals would be still there with the kit already?

368557[/snapback]

The arms, not the side cannons, will be solid, but they are not as much resin as you might think. I kept them solid because even with the side cannons being mostly hollow they are still a bit heavy and i do not want any sagging. For running wire up from the side cannons to the body you will be able to use hollow brass, which will also make a strong bond between the parts.

368563[/snapback]

Thanks for your reply. Will there be pins installed in the legs, to support the weight of the upper body? I for one would not want brass rods or anytupe of metal supports embedding in my kit. I am planning on adding joints, instead of just pinning the Monster in a static mode.

368557[/snapback]

368563[/snapback]

Thanks for your reply. Will there be pins installed in the legs, to support the weight of the upper body? I for one would not want brass rods or anytupe of metal supports embedding in my kit. I am planning on adding joints, instead of just pinning the Monster in a static mode.

368570[/snapback]

The legs will have 2 metal alignment pins in them, they will be easy to twist out with a pair of pliers or i can cast you a set without them, I imagine the vast majority of people will be very happy to have the pins for alignment and strength. The other kit had the legs "struts" solid, not the 4 seperate "strut" style that i designed mine to have. I picked the way that i thought was best for ease of painting, ease of assembly, and stability for a static pose, again with a focus on keeping it easy for me to cast to keep the price down....

mike

Mike all i can say is thank you for mastering this kit. My wife saw it and she cant wait to see it either. This suprises me though considering i just got a 1/9 scals RC M1A2 abrams today. Ill be parking that in the garage.

I seriously cant wait to get this chunk of resin in my hands.

Like the monster kit it weighs 50 pounds and is around 3 feet long. With the Gun barrel added to the length of the abrams its around 44 inches. One of the tracks is 3 inches wide :D

368600[/snapback]

Wow what part of southern England do you live in. I may have to steer clear if you have that sort of armament in your garage. :p my neighbours think im mad because I paint little robot models and planes, but If i bought a tank Hmmmmm!!! better than my 1/10 touring cars it think.

Like the monster kit it weighs 50 pounds and is around 3 feet long. With the Gun barrel added to the length of the abrams its around 44 inches. One of the tracks is 3 inches wide :D

368600[/snapback]

Oh ok is that the 21st century toy? I was thinking it was another tamiya build up. Did you ever get their 1/6 bradley? that thing was HUGE!

Big F im about 30 min north of cambridge. But dont worry the tanks arent armed......yet. :D

Grayson. it is the one from 21st cent, but it wont be a toy for very long. I will be revamping alot of the internals and externals on it.

Big F im about 30 min north of cambridge. But dont worry the tanks arent armed......yet. :D

it wont be a toy for very long. I will be revamping  alot of the internals and externals on it.

369109[/snapback]

A garage in near Cambridge tommorow the world.

14_6_18.gif

fahr39.giftank6rd.gif

368600[/snapback]

I just want you to know I had a dream with you and your tank in it. Nothing nasty, just discussing the tanks many shortcomings (poorly detailed tracks, small engine, no interior detail).

freaky.

People who want their kit early and don't mind watching the instructions unfold will likely be able to get the first kits in approx 1 month.....barring any problems.

That would be me as well.

As far as the limited run goes, I could probably take at least 5 (and prolly ten) for the Starship Modeler Store - especially if you could get them to me before May 15 2k6. eMail me if that's of any interest.

Edited by onezero

People who want their kit early and don't mind watching the instructions unfold will likely be able to get the first kits in approx 1 month.....barring any problems.

Me too, when possible. In the case my last post about it wasn't noticed. Though, the decals would be shipped with the first kits too? And I would get the instructions via computer?

While destructions are good, I'd perfer to get as early of a pull as possible, if possible.

So if it means waiting for destructions (and decals) to get an early one, I shall.

I put in for a bulk decal order with Devin last night so, unless he is too busy to get them in time, even the first kits will have the decals. I got sidetracked by a cold for the last few days (and a blizzard), but i don't think it will effect the timeline for the first kits to go out....

mike

While destructions are good, I'd perfer to get as early of a pull as possible, if possible.

So if it means waiting for destructions (and decals) to get an early one, I shall.

370022[/snapback]

Destructions?? :huh::blink::unsure:

370169[/snapback]

Instructions, destructions, 'sall good.

So how are the finishing touches on this beast coming along? When can we expect to be able to sent payment?

371772[/snapback]

Good, i was sick all last week but i did not stop working..it did slow me down a bit, but not bad. I'm thinking 2-3 weeks for the first payments.....after the first kits are out i should be able to pump out about 5 kits a week, and again i will take payments in que so i do not hold on to peoples $ for too long....

mike