1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

Your distributor was probably just trying to unload the rest of the bad batch and maybe hoping you wouldn't notice. Either that or they're just incompetent.

Even when the smooth-on stuff clearly fracks-up, I had to do some extraordinary arm-twisting to get them to admit that their product is/was defective... And also unbelieveably-tempermental. Either way, they *should* replace the defective batch free of charge, because you paid for useable material to begin with... Maybe you could get them to throw-in a sample of something else to compensate you for the aggravation B))

mslz22,

I was wondering if you plan on cutting some "grooves" near the base of the plastic barrels? The detail might add a bit realism to an otherwise plain section of piping. Just a thought. B))

some pics with the other 1/72

Picture582.jpg

Picture583.jpg

379037[/snapback]

Well, I saw the grooves(ribbing) on the Yellow Submarine Monster and they look pretty good. You can see them here:

ys_monster.jpg

I wouldn't recommend adding detail just for the sake of detail... especially if it is not in the lineart. Leave that up to the person who buys the model.

386195[/snapback]

Quick check in, the week without resin put me behind on multiple projects including this one, but i have caught up on a bunch of stuff that needs to go out tomorrow (monday) which means that i will be back on the monster tuesday......more to follow...

mike

They aren't grooves. They are bands, and easy enough to add later.

Well, I saw the grooves(ribbing) on the Yellow Submarine Monster and they look pretty good.  You can see them here:

ys_monster.jpg

I wouldn't recommend adding detail just for the sake of detail... especially if it is not in the lineart. Leave that up to the person who buys the model.

386195[/snapback]

386247[/snapback]

I am I am! I was just curious and tired so I forgot my maners. ;);)

What I should have said was "Any updates on how things are going please? I am just curious how the first ones turned out now that you have good resin."

B))

Edited by Robert S

Hi everyone....sorry for the lack of posts i have been busy busy busy....part of it was Jesse's fault :) Anyway, couple of things that ate up some time, doing the books for the year and getting it to the taxman took a few days of my time, a root canal :angry: ...and i have outgrown my small shop and have been moving in to a bigger new one, i expected to get a couple of monsters out before this happened but that did not go the way i wanted it to, the good news is that this move will vastly improve my efficiency, so in the long run it will be much better for this and future projects. Just one example of how much better this will be, currently i have 1 bench for building/assembly that is about 7 feet long, i use this sometimes for a mold making bench, i have another bench that is about 7 feet long for mold prep/resin pouring. The new shop will have 16 feet of bench space for mold making and resin pouring, an i will keep a 7 foot bench dedicated to just building...that is just the start....

anyway i am sorry for the delay, i know people are excited, and believe me i want one painted up for myself too :)