Star Wars Episode III Official Poster

Everything is cool except that guy with the hood looks funny and the star ring thingee on Vader's head is Kraft cheddar cheese.

Ah, the well over-used Photoshop sunburst effect...

It's only the overused Photoshop lens flare if Photoshop was involved. I was under the impression that all these posters were painted by hand. A lens flare by itself or achieved in ways other than a pasted in computer filter should not really be compared to the problem of overused computer lens flare filters. Remember why those filters are so despised, because it's basically a piece of clip art not created by the artist and simply pasted over an image without any skill or talent neccessary. And since they're so easy, they become abused by amaturish Photoshop artists.

Everything is cool except that guy with the hood looks funny and the star ring thingee on Vader's head is Kraft cheddar cheese.

Ah, the well over-used Photoshop sunburst effect...

It's only the overused Photoshop lens flare if Photoshop was involved. I was under the impression that all these posters were painted by hand. A lens flare by itself or achieved in ways other than a pasted in computer filter should not really be compared to the problem of overused computer lens flare filters. Remember why those filters are so despised, because it's basically a piece of clip art not created by the artist and simply pasted over an image without any skill or talent neccessary. And since they're so easy, they become abused by amaturish Photoshop artists.

Yeah, I think the posters are done by hand. I think that guy Dru painted this poster; it seems to fit in with other artwork he has done. But then again, a lot of accomplished artists nowadays love the old drawing pad hooked up to the computer. Maybe he got lazy. Then again, it looks like he used Jasc Paint Shop Pro's lens flare effect... :D

I've always enjoyed the Star Wars posters. Especially the Special Edition posters for the original Trilogy and all the official prequel posters. The themes really work for me and they always convey to the viewer the grand epic scale of the Star Wars films. This final poster doesn't disappoint.

Yeah, Sidious (if that's who the hoodie-guy is supposed to be) looks wrong.

If it is Drew Struzan, he does do everything by hand, so the lens flare effect is perfectly acceptable.

edit in: I have the movie poster for ep.I (which was done by Struzan), and I cannot find a comparable signature to the one on the ep.III poster. But that doesn't prove anything, really, as I cannot seem to find the sig at all on the ep.I poster. :(

Edited by the white drew carey

Tomorrow night, during The OC on Fox.

What he said. Don't expect it to be until AFTER the OC has aired. Don't let FOX sucker you into to watching the whole thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if it leaked today, though. One way or the other, it will be all overt the internet for download tomorrow night.

I'm pretty sure that the Vader in that new poster still has girly hands.

H

Even though I know you are just being funny, if you and I were in the same room I would piss on your foot.

I'm pretty sure that the Vader in that new poster still has girly hands.

H

Even though I know you are just being funny, if you and I were in the same room I would piss on your foot.

Too late, I already did.

Thanks BSU!!  Thats not the New Hope one I remember though... But they all fit well.

Is this the one you're thinking of?

Yes and I am glad they re-did it... That looks hoakey.

Hokey... yes. Still cool, though.

You have to remember that the original '76 poster needed to convey a sense of adventure, excitement and sexiness to lure in a crowd.

The SE posters were designed to appeal to the same crown that was originally lured in, and now knows Star Wars left and right- Hence, it more accurately reflects the feel of the films. Or, more importantly, plays off of how the fans percieve the films to be.

great posters, i still like the original ones alot, both the 1977-1980's and the special edition versions. to bad there is no general Grevious on the new poster.

chris

Hokey... yes. Still cool, though.

You have to remember that the original '76 poster needed to convey a sense of adventure, excitement and sexiness to lure in a crowd.

The SE posters were designed to appeal to the same crown that was originally lured in, and now knows Star Wars left and right- Hence, it more accurately reflects the feel of the films. Or, more importantly, plays off of how the fans percieve the films to be.

The old one reminds me too much of this.

3848.jpg

Star Wars = 1977

Conan = 1981

I'd say that you have that backwards, my muscle-bound friend.

How am I backward?

Conan may have come after, but its level of importance is infinitely greater.