Custom 1/48 Jetfire

izzyfcuk

:o very sweet i always wondered how this would look along time ago i wanted to do one for myself but just did not have the skill, it looks like he is useing Gundam MG Rick Dias or Dom hands, all it needs is a nice autobot symbol on the Heatsheild and it would be perfect.

chris

wow...that thing is actually pretty cool...even better than the 1/60 jetfire someone did...can't believe someone had the balls to actually make a 1/48 jetfire :ph34r:

btw...the guy who ever did this got lazy with the head arrows...should've made those red too :lol:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

he's getting the decal's done up next

It would be cool to know what hands he used on it

it looks like he is useing the Gundam Master Grade 1/100 Doms or Rick Dom hands

I'd like to know too. Think maybe they're custom? Those guys that build Gundams are really good at making custom hands that are fully poseable, using copper wire and styrene.....

it that the worlds smallest megatron he's holding?

looks sweet though.

how about a 1/48 patriot valk next? :lol::lol:

Looks like the megatron gun that comes with MP prime. I'm 99 percent sure it is cuz that fits pretty well in the hands of a 1/48 in comparision to the size of prime.

it looks like he is useing the Gundam Master Grade 1/100 Doms or Rick Dom hands

Yeah I saw you post that earlier, should have put "specific hands"

but if gundam and 1/100 scale is a pretty accurate guess we have something

to check out

i think the rick-dias or sazabi hands would've been better...i personally don't like the "knuckles" but beyond that...pretty good...i actually wouldn't mind buying one if yamato ever made one...btw....looks like the guy still needs to paint the feet/thrusters black and have a red diagonal stripe on 'em...and of course the decals :lol::p

izzyfcuk .. your avatar says "Macross Singapore"? is there such a club? any URL?

Not really a club, but a bunch of 20 year olds, about slightly over ten of us, hanging around together collecting macross

and i happen to be one of them :D

That's great to hear.

There *will* be places in Singapore selling the Toynami cyclones/betas when they are eventually released, yes? Not to mention whatever Yamato has left to throw at us.

That's great to hear.

There *will* be places in Singapore selling the Toynami cyclones/betas when they are eventually released, yes? Not to mention whatever Yamato has left to throw at us.

yes, there are lots of places that sells them, but heck, why do you wan the toynami ones for?

lol ... a fair question.

well, i'm a big fan of the mecha in mospeada. so i'll take anything i can get, even if it's from toynami.

second, i own both MPC valks and MPC legiosses ... and i can see the quality improving. i think/hope that toynami will get it right with both the cyclones and betas.

and finally, if the toy is crap, at least the packaging is well fit for display.

apart from TFH, where would you go to buy toynami/yamato stuff in SG?

Not mine, but just something on display at Dotcon05 at Singapore today, if im not wrong, the head is from Rohby's recast, cos i sold one to him

08.jpg

more can be seen below

http://photobucket.com/albums/v239/izzyfcuk/

A guy did it !!! Yahoo !!! :lol::p

Sorry to interrupt you guys,

Thanks, Teo for making a thread like this.

I could not get the Jetfire completed because it was rushed to reach the convention display in the morning.

The head is the original, not the recast.

The recast required huge amounts of sanding, therefore couldn't make it on time.

The visor needs to be redone because the clear visor by rhoby was quite foggy.

It's still incomplete, lots to be done.

The Rick Dias Hands are not suitable, although I hate the knuckles from this pair as well. I'm thinking of puttying the knuckles down to make it look flat, but I just remembered that the TV Hands provided by Yamato had more or less the same effect. (ok, ok. I'm lazy.)

I'm was only drawn into Macross for the VF-1S. I love the VF-1 series for the fighter designs. I'm quite the aviation nut sometimes.

Say, would you guys be interested in buying the hands in they were recasted? It'd cost about US$20 for a pair with all the moving parts involved. Just a wild thought that hit me? Personally I'd like to own a few more pairs as well for the rest of my Macross, but it won't be cost effective to make any less than a couple dozen pairs, and I don't need that much.

Edited by otaku

very cool custom.. I'm quite partial to Jetfire as it was the first valk I ever owned.

any chance you could post some detail pics of the hands.. maybe a few showing what range of motion they do... stuff like that? I'm interested but I'd need some more info.

thanks.