Now, I've seen everything...

It looks like the HK bootleg outfits ain't content to give bootleg buyers boots of Macross only...conumer choice reigns supreme as Chinese-subbed bootlegs (I assume they are boots) of Robotech have surfaced on E-Bay. This is too funny, althogh I don't know why..... :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6374233153&rd=1

You guys notice its only 31 episodes?

30 1/2. They cut out half of the title of episode 31. "Khy..." :blink::p

Dammit, I wann know if Lick Hunter rescues Minmei from that cage made of sporks! :p

Edited by Pat Payne

Of course it is funny. Even the seller acknowledged it's a comedy (see sub-genre).

Everyone ought to ask sellers questions like: "Hey! It's a bootleg of a bootleg! Does the double negative cancel it out and make this a legit release???"

robotech is nto a bootleg no matter how you dislike it. they paid for the right sto macross,

It looks like the HK bootleg outfits ain't content to give bootleg buyers boots of Macross only...conumer choice reigns supreme as Chinese-subbed bootlegs (I assume they are boots) of Robotech have surfaced on E-Bay. This is too funny, althogh I don't know why..... :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6374233153&rd=1

they had boots of rt for years

Of course it is funny.  Even the seller acknowledged it's a comedy (see sub-genre).

Everyone ought to ask sellers questions like: "Hey!  It's a bootleg of a bootleg!  Does the double negative cancel it out and make this a legit release???"

robotech is nto a bootleg no matter how you dislike it. they paid for the right sto macross,

hey ill believe what I want to believe haha

Of course it is funny.  Even the seller acknowledged it's a comedy (see sub-genre).

Everyone ought to ask sellers questions like: "Hey!  It's a bootleg of a bootleg!  Does the double negative cancel it out and make this a legit release???"

hey ill believe what I want to believe haha

ignorance is bliss

Now, I've seen everything...

But have you seen a man eat his own head?

Then you haven't seen everything! :p

I don;t quite know how to answer that... :p

It's still a bootleg. :ph34r: Why anyone in HK would want to take something that is "the suck" and waste time making DVDs of it is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, man. They used the Macross: Skull Leader logo for them. They're insulting Macross by passing RT items off as the real thing.

Then you get the Robofans saying, "See? I told you Macross was a bootleg of Row-boat-heck!"

Guest Bromgrev
Are these really boots or legitimate products. Robotech is crazy popular in China.

My mama used to say. "In China, legit is as legit does ..." ;)

Not to the people that actually own the rights hence the ongoing debate.

I think this is hysterical and I hope HG loses a ton of money to these guys.

Sorry Milk Man X....have you been under a rock for the last couple of years. I do believe that the Tokyo Courts ruled that in fact Tatsunoko controls SDF Macross outside of Japan...hence Harmony Gold does have the rights to the show, including the merchandise and music (both affirmed in the original case).

At least he's honest about their provenance. :)

Sorry Milk Man X....have you been under a rock for the last couple of years. I do believe that the Tokyo Courts ruled that in fact Tatsunoko controls SDF Macross outside of Japan...hence Harmony Gold does have the rights to the show, including the merchandise and music (both affirmed in the original case).

Well we will wait for more appeals then.

At least the Macross fans that dont like the original creators being ripped off anyway.