BGC Figures

I loved the old BBC.

Are you saying they are going to pull a Harmony Gold style "blackmail them to increase sales" trick on thier fans to see a Motoslave? :D

"Buy an alpha to get a beta"-type thing? I would really love to see a packaged deal where you get a figure with the MS.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm really not a toy guy at all, but my love for Bubblegum Crisis is far greater than just about any other sci-fi series there is. If those figures end up being half as good as they look, I'll definately pick them up. The larger scale ones more-so, as I think Exo and I came to the conclusion the smaller Yamato-developed toys were based on the BGC2040 series and I couldn't give a rats ass about that.

I'm really not a toy guy at all, but my love for Bubblegum Crisis is far greater than just about any other sci-fi series there is. If those figures end up being half as good as they look, I'll definately pick them up. The larger scale ones more-so, as I think Exo and I came to the conclusion the smaller Yamato-developed toys were based on the BGC2040 series and I couldn't give a rats ass about that.

no. It's the smaller ones that are based on the original. Unfortunately, Atelier Sai is doing the bigger scaled ones after the 2040 series, I'm assuming because Yamato already had the OS in development. :(

no. It's the smaller ones that are based on the original. Unfortunately, Atelier Sai is doing the bigger scaled ones after the 2040 series, I'm assuming because Yamato already had the OS in development. :(

Both of you guys had it right previously over here. Nothing either Ateler Sai or Yamato has shown us so far is from Bubblegum Crisis 2040, it's all from the original OAV series. I made the mistake of thinking the AS figures were from 2040 when I first saw them :p There is plenty of evidence in the link to the other thread but just in case here are a couple lineart scans from 2040 to compare with the AS non scale figures. The most noticable differences are the chest coloration and the hands.

phs012xh.jpg

lhs014er.jpg

You guys gotta be careful here. Getting very confusing as to which series and upgrades you are referring to by now.

For those not familiar with the Hardsuits, IIRC in the original series the Knight Sabers had a mid-series Hardsuit upgrade -- the above art of Priss' Hardsuit seems to be after the upgrade. Thing is, I'm no expert on BGC hardsuits, so the original series upgrades are fairly subtle and at least to me not easy to spot.

To confuse the matter even more BGC2040 also had a mid-series upgrade, but the upgrade are very visibly different.

So, we have actually 4 possible series of hardsuits to choose from:

• Original Series, Original Hardsuits
  • Original Series, Upgraded Hardsuits (to further complicate matters, Priss' Hardsuit was apparently upgraded twice...)
  • BGC2040 Series, Original Hardsuits
  • BGC2040 Series, Upgraded Hardsuits

Clearly, these aren't the BGC2040 upgrades, so we can rule those out. Which of the remaining three these are, sad to say I can't identify them. :) If we have a good back shot of the Hardsuits, we can safely eliminate or identify them as BGC2040 initial Hardsuits -- battery. :)

EDIT: added BGC2040 initial key identifier item.

Edited by Lynx7725

For those not familiar with the Hardsuits, IIRC in the original series the Knight Sabers had a mid-series Hardsuit upgrade -- the above art of Priss' Hardsuit seems to be after the upgrade. Thing is, I'm no expert on BGC hardsuits, so the original series upgrades are fairly subtle and at least to me not easy to spot.

They did get upgrades in the last episode, but the problem is those designs are surprisingly similar to the 2040 ones so hence the confusion.

I don't know what version of the hard suits they will be releasing, but I saw these figures at the Tokyo Anime Festival last weekend. All 4 figures (2 finished and painted, 2 finished and unpainted) were in a display case and labeled with 7/05 for the release date and about 6500 Yen as the price per figure. Each figure seemed to be somewhere around 6/7 inches tall. Not very big, but the detail was excellent. They're on my list...

I have now until then to pray for good quality... especially for that price. Why is it so much? It's an action figure. I doubt those suits are remoaveable. Geez, the Votoms figure sounds cheap compared to that and I almost had a heart attack when I heard the price for that. These better be SOC die cast...

should I?

awww hell... why not...

Damn you Yamato!!!

oops, not so fast...

All 4 figures (2 finished and painted, 2 finished and unpainted)

the last time 4 were in display it was 4 figures but it was the same 2 figures as painted and unpainted. Did it indicate that the 6500Y was for all 4 figures? If so that would be just great... depending on QC of course!

Edited by >EXO<

You guys gotta be careful here. Getting very confusing as to which series and upgrades you are referring to by now.

To confuse the matter even more BGC2040 also had a mid-series upgrade, but the upgrade are very visibly different.

So, we have actually 4 possible series of hardsuits to choose from:

• Original Series, Original Hardsuits
  • Original Series, Upgraded Hardsuits (to further complicate matters, Priss' Hardsuit was apparently upgraded twice...)
  • BGC2040 Series, Original Hardsuits
  • BGC2040 Series, Upgraded Hardsuits

Clearly, these aren't the BGC2040 upgrades, so we can rule those out. Which of the remaining three these are, sad to say I can't identify them. :) If we have a good back shot of the Hardsuits, we can safely eliminate or identify them as BGC2040 initial Hardsuits -- battery. :)

EDIT: added BGC2040 initial key identifier item.

The Priss one is definitely original series version 2 as it has the flip down knuckle guard on the left arm.

All 4 figures (2 finished and painted, 2 finished and unpainted)

the last time 4 were in display it was 4 figures but it was the same 2 figures as painted and unpainted. Did it indicate that the 6500Y was for all 4 figures? If so that would be just great... depending on QC of course!

The figures on display were all 4 of the suits, Priss, Sylia, Linna, and Nene. Priss' (blue) and Linna's (green) suits were completed, while Sylia's and Nene's were grey plastic. Each figure had the (essentially) same placard stating the July target release date with the Y6500 price tag.

But dude....they were soooo shweeet. The paint jobs were fantastic, rich colors with subtle metallic flake. :p

I agree these figures look great. However, I am worried that Yamato are releasing them. I actually wished Bandai could release them because their SOC is fantasic. Also, anything Bandai I ever bought has been good quality with little to no defects. I actually feel good about my purchases.

The Yamato stuff I bought I thought looked good, but I didn't feel like they warranted the price tag. These things are sixty bucks each, will probably be made of 90 percent plastic, and will be fragile. I am guessing they will feel like the Millia Q-rau.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bringing back to life this topic, I found out from the Atelier Sai site that they're releasing the Bubblegum Crisis Priss and Linna figures today (as in the 28th of July).

I'm probably going to pick up the Linna figure when I go to Japan. :D

edit: Oh yeah, Nene and Sylia will be released in August according to the site.

post-1245-1122589142_thumb.gif

Edited by Sumdumgai

New pictures.....rumoured to be 6000 yen each.  :blink:

00242.jpg

295202[/snapback]

i talked to the yamato rep at comicon. he said it will sell here for $97 for the set. aka all the figures together.

315338[/snapback]

6500yen a piece for the Atelier Sai figures, the Yamato figures are different. I think.

315350[/snapback]

I think Yamato took this over, not sure though. $100 for the set would be a big relief except my Yamato Appleseed figures suck.

I think Yamato took this over, not sure though.  $100 for the set would be a big relief except my Yamato Appleseed figures suck.

315396[/snapback]

Yeah the appleseed figures sucked bad. :angry:

The knee on my deunan broke btw, and i only bent it once. Fragile crap. :angry:

Well here is a link to the page of the BGC figures on the Atelier Sai website.

http://www.atsai.co.jp/arthobby/page038.html

I had my wife read translate the Japanese for me, and she told me that the Priss and Linna came out the 28th. :) If I manage to get one while we're in Japan, I'll do a review or something when I get back.

Well here is a link to the page of the BGC figures on the Atelier Sai website.

http://www.atsai.co.jp/arthobby/page038.html

I had my wife read translate the Japanese for me, and she told me that the Priss and Linna came out the 28th. :) If I manage to get one while we're in Japan, I'll do a review or something when I get back.

315450[/snapback]

Wow those look good, even the character heads and faces look nice!

These are the yamatos...and its the Story Image Figure line...which are actually Trading Figures , 500 yen each.

Not sure if they have a similar scaled one to the AS ones.

BGUMC.jpg

The joints on those BGC figs look loose.

Huh? How the heck do you tell that from those pictures?

263354[/snapback]

:D

For some reason I just saw this post...

Regarding this pic, you can see the gaps between the twist joints, not the ball or the hinge joints... that usually means it's loose...

BGC_Yamato.jpg

I bet Ateliar Sai versions will have die-cast parts cuz of the price, Oh man I want Priss    :wub:

315522[/snapback]

I would want to get Priss, but her face looks a bit off to me... :(

For that price I want a better sculpted face. Her nose looks like it's too long height-wise.

post-1245-1122664205_thumb.jpg

Seems like HLJ is the only place that has this up for preorder. BBTS does not even have it listed. Does anybody know who I can go to so I can buy multiples for a decent price. I was thinking about getting five of each. BGC is one of the original series that got me into japanese animation in the first place.

:p