BGC Figures

• 2 weeks later...

My Priss & Linna figures arrived today. Unfortunately one of the ear sections on Linna's helmet is missing. Looks like I'm gonna have send it back for a replacement which is really disappointing as the other two will arrive this week :( Has anyone here had to send something back to hlj? How good are they when it comes to returns or replacements?

WARNING: Links with huge pictures.

Here's the 4" Story Image figures. There's 2 styles of hardsuits each with 10 pts of articulation.

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/YUS%20Web/Pag...Hard_Suit_A.jpg

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/YUS%20Web/Pag...Hard_Suit_B.jpg

The "inner suit figure" has a head that's swappable with each hard suit. I can't tell the difference between the hard suits.

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/YUS%20Web/Pag...35103_Priss.jpg

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/YUS%20Web/Pag...able%20Head.jpg

The Boomer figure is also articulated

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/YUS%20Web/Pag...35103_Booma.jpg

Here's the product page

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/YUS%20Web/Pag...roduct_Page.htm

These are pretty badass for small figures.

My Priss & Linna figures arrived today. Unfortunately one of the ear sections on Linna's helmet is missing. Looks like I'm gonna have send it back for a replacement which is really disappointing as the other two will arrive this week :( Has anyone here had to send something back to hlj? How good are they when it comes to returns or replacements?

333555[/snapback]

Holy crap, mine came in the same exact way. :angry: Just contact HLJ and they will ask you for pics. Then, They email you exact instructions on what to do. Should only have about a week or so turn around time. I sent the head out about a week and a half ago, and it's currently floating somewhere in SAL land. Overall, they're quite easy to deal with.

Edited by VF-17

333555[/snapback]

Holy crap, mine came in the same exact way. :angry: Just contact HLJ and they will ask you for pics. Then, They email you exact instructions on what to do. Should only have about a week or so turn around time. I sent the head out about a week and a half ago, and it's currently floating somewhere in SAL land. Overall, they're quite easy to deal with.

333987[/snapback]

You had the same issue with your Linna? Perhaps it was the same production batch :mellow:

I just got an e-mail back from them today saying they'll contact Atellier Sai about getting me a new head so fingers crossed I'll have the new head in a week or so.

Just a quick warning to you guys. I got my Sylia figure this morning, almost straight out-of-box (after some "exercising") the right arm and leg fell apart. :huh:

Seems to be the polycap and/ or the plastic socket is so badly worn out that the normal push-in method no longer works.. I superglued the parts together and managed to retain the joint articulations.

Not only that, Kotetsu came floppy. Very floppy. :( Shoulder covers also tend to fall off. The stand also gave problems, as in the fit is a lot rougher than it was with my Linna figure.

Overall, especially when compared to my Linna figure, the quality of my Sylia figure seems to have dropped badly. It's still a neat toy, but needs a bit of patching to get it to work right (i.e. fundamentals are there but need a bit of tweaking to bring out the best).

Now, my Linna, she's good. :) Aside from a loose Cat's Paw, she's pretty much as per designed. I don't quite like the way the ribbons are attached or the way the arms cannot stretch horizontally, but those are design issues, not QA.

I'm not getting Priss or Nene, so that's going to be the sum of my experience.

Damn Yamato... always playing with my dreams.

334817[/snapback]

EXO, if your dreams are about Sylia and Linna (and Priss and Nene).. I think you need to get out more. :D:lol::D

It's not that bad. My Linna figure came fine -- aside from a loose right hand. Sylia is quite bad but not unfixable.. I agree I shouldn't have to fix it and Yamato (or whoever it was) QA should have stopped the shipment, but it's still a good toy once you fix it.

Damn Yamato... always playing with my dreams.

334817[/snapback]

EXO, if your dreams are about Sylia and Linna (and Priss and Nene).. I think you need to get out more. :D:lol::D

It's not that bad. My Linna figure came fine -- aside from a loose right hand. Sylia is quite bad but not unfixable.. I agree I shouldn't have to fix it and Yamato (or whoever it was) QA should have stopped the shipment, but it's still a good toy once you fix it.

334818[/snapback]

Don't forget Deunan from Appleseed... lol.

Seriously though, these are expensive freakin toys. Even if I lived in Japan these toys are expensive. And especially if I lived in Japan... I thought these guys demanded quality stuff?

Oddly enough, my Linna has problems with her left arm. It falls out at the joint just above the elbow. The right arm holds together fine. Although I had a hell of a time getting out the "cats paw", because it was stuck to the arm because of some stray paint...

• 3 weeks later...
anyone picked up the $60 Atelier Sai ones that just came out? They look nice, but seem a little pricey...im guessing they dont have any diecast in em...

340879[/snapback]

I'm waiting on mine... cube, did you drop your SOC BGC custom since these were announced?

anyone picked up the $60 Atelier Sai ones that just came out? They look nice, but seem a little pricey...im guessing they dont have any diecast in em...

340879[/snapback]

I'm waiting on mine... cube, did you drop your SOC BGC custom since these were announced?

340892[/snapback]

wow...you still remember that thing :D

It's been stalled for a long time. As with all my projects, I get the sculpting and stuff done, then never end up getting it painted. I've got a modified binaltech smokescreen, with the 02 impreza front end waiting for paint too (it normally comes with the 04-05 front end).

I probably wont end up getting these if they don't have any diecast...just too pricy for what you get. If the reviews are good enough, I might change my mind though.

340879[/snapback]

340892[/snapback]

wow...you still remember that thing :D

It's been stalled for a long time. As with all my projects, I get the sculpting and stuff done, then never end up getting it painted. I've got a modified binaltech smokescreen, with the 02 impreza front end waiting for paint too (it normally comes with the 04-05 front end).

I probably wont end up getting these if they don't have any diecast...just too pricy for what you get. If the reviews are good enough, I might change my mind though.

340916[/snapback]

For some reason people thought it was my project and I had to ask fulcy whose it was so I can tell them when they ask. Weird... I wonder why they thought it was mine. Lemme see some pics of what you got.

For some reason people thought it was my project and I had to ask fulcy whose it was so I can tell them when they ask.  Weird... I wonder why they thought it was mine.  Lemme see some pics of what you got.

i don't think ive done any work since the last time i posted pics here...heres the old thread.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=4925&hl=custom

I was having trouble with the boob/chest (kept making them waaaaay too big :lol: ).

I second the request for a review!

I saw these in a store but wasn't really sold on them there...

342329[/snapback]

what store was it? And how much?

OK here's a quick review... at first I thought that the joints were too loose, but I pushed in most of them and they snapped in ok... except for the helmet head. The Priss head is ok, but the helmet is really lose. I was about to cut it up and put in a new ball joint when I tried to turn her neck over upside down, since it's double jointed, that was a good enough fix, so now all the joints are pretty good. That's only the Priss figure, I haven't had time nor the space to open them all up.

IMO, no figures at this size are worth $60, unless they're Sideshow quality or something. I'd say at the most if these were on cards instead of the nice box packaging the most they can get for it was $20. I just took the chance on these in hoping that they come out with Motoslaves. I wouldn't want to have to hunt these down if they did. I took the same chance with the Toynami Alphas... they're no we're near the price they should be, but I always wanted an Alpha-Beta link up toy (and not that ugly Gakken one.) so I took a chance and bought those too.

The stands that come with these are absolutley useless... I'm gonna hve to look for metal rods that can hold this figure up. The figure is way too heavy and bends the plastic down. I swear it's sheer stupidity for them to even include a useless stand like that. They're ok if you stand them on both feet, but if you want to pose them with one leg up in the air the who thing falls over.

Here's what I mean about the heads:

The left is the original position and the right is with the neck upside down...

headcomparison.jpg

hm...that's not so good :(

If they were diecast, I would drop 60 bones in a second, but for regular action figure quality toys, there's no way. I payed less than that for the SOC dragon, liger, and poseidon.

You can always just put some clear nail polish on the joints to tighten em up. Hopefully they plummet in price and i can scoop some up on ebay.

Edited by cube

hm...that's not so good :(

If they were diecast, I would drop 60 bones in a second, but for regular action figure quality toys, there's no way. I payed less than that for the SOC dragon, liger, and poseidon.

You can always just put some clear nail polish on the joints to tighten em up. Hopefully they plummet in price and i can scoop some up on ebay.

342369[/snapback]

Yeah... I'm wondering if they fall in price. The Appleseed figures did and they held steady at $25 for a while. But for some reason I had to get these. I guess I save enough on other toys so that I can flop down for these.

I'm not a toy guy, but I love Bubblegum Crisis so I picked up a Priss figure for the hell of it. As nifty as the toy is, it really feels more like a $25 toy than the $60-75 it seems to be going for. Luckily I got mine for a bit cheaper, but I'm not sure I'd pick it up if I knew what I know now, although that might just be because I'm currently unemployed and short on money.

But as a fan of BGC I will say it's cool to have some decent merchandise from the series after all these years. I'm hoping the prices go down a bit so I can pick up the other three Knight Sabers for a complete set.

I really can't see myself recommending these to anyone but big BGC fans, and they are certainly cheaper than picking up one of the old garage kits.