Killer web site?

LordSixx

A while back I found a awesome website that was dedicated to DYRL. It had great art work and featured the original DYRL soundtrack. Many of the character bios were still under construction when I was last on there. My issue is that I can no longer find this site anywhere! I have lost the address and have checked many links and web rings to no avail. Any ideas?

why is there a ride armor in the mecha page? :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Look at the font and the start song, it's a robotech site...

Look at the rest of it.

He semi-accurately IDs Robotech as a spinoff, uses proper character names, including proper spellings of Focker, Global, and Milla, and doesn't play Musical Chairs with the destroids like HG did.

Look at the rest of it.

He semi-accurately IDs Robotech as a spinoff, uses proper character names, including proper spellings of Focker, Global, and Milla, and doesn't play Musical Chairs with the destroids like HG did.

I was just kidding :D I already knew that site and I know its'not a RT site.

yeah the ride armor and the RT music was addressed a long time ago... the site still kicks ass.

word up! *saves to favorites*

i'm not sure if this has been mentioned but...

is there a way we can list all the macross reference sites in one pinned thread?

i only ask cause i've been around for the last 3 years and this is the first time i've even seen this site.

if its been done already or linked on the homepage, sorry.

yeah the ride armor and the RT music was addressed a long time ago... the site still kicks ass.

word up! *saves to favorites*

i'm not sure if this has been mentioned but...

is there a way we can list all the macross reference sites in one pinned thread?

i only ask cause i've been around for the last 3 years and this is the first time i've even seen this site.

if its been done already or linked on the homepage, sorry.

IMO, this is a better idea than the homepage section. I'm sure all of these web pages have been posted in that section but I dont think it gets visited much...

I would rather have a pinned thread than an entire section dedicated to it.

Edited by AlphaHX

maybe we can ask Jesse to update the links page on the home page when he has time... a lot of those pages are dead. I talked about that very thing the last time I PMd him. I'll offer up some help on researching pages that actually work, like Nanashi's. Oh wait..that one just went offline...

Look at the rest of it.

I was just kidding :D I already knew that site and I know its'not a RT site.

The webmaster of that site is a member here. He's pretty well versed on the differences and what makes Macross what it is. Look at the disclaimers and credits. He's done more than a lot of other fans have.

I remember when the guy who made that site was a member here. He had one of those unoriginal Macross-themed names, though, so I can't remember what he was called, unfortunately.

Blue Skull or Skull Max or something. Even back in the day I had trouble working out who was whom. Only one of those "Standard name" guys I really remember well was Skullone (the Greek guy), with his unique personality.

I'm going to sound like an @$$hole for saying this, but I'd change the opening music to Ai, Oboete Masuka? instead of that little bit from the Robotech version.

The rest of the site is kick-@$$.

Edited by peter

The page has a Robotech like font and opens up with Robotech music. Uh huh, right.

Yeah, but as others have said, the other 99.9% of the site is pure Macross.

Hey, you'd better complain about that .1% though until he shows up here and demands that his username be unregistered. ;)

This was the site that originally convinced me to try DYRL again a couple years ago.

H

P.S. That snippet from RT brings back a flood of memories for me that, yes, were originally RT from when I was a kid. But it's Macross now. :)

Hmm...

must have missed it because I dont hear one bar of Robotech music. Someone mind telling me where I missed it?

The intro music. . . before you actually enter the site is from RT. But it's actually one of the good pieces from RT.

Some people are a little too uptight.

H

The intro music. . . before you actually enter the site is from RT.

If you mean the animation that shows the SDF-1 getting blown up (God, I love that!) I don't hear a thing...and this is not a joke. Either my Flash Player is hosed up, or he took the music down.

I remember, about a year ago, my browser stopped playing the music from this site too. But it was back the next day. How odd is that?!?

Just restart your computer and possible clear your browser cache (the latter probably won't help, but might).

You could also try uninstalling flash player and then reinstalling it form Macromedia.com

H

Edited by Hurin

I for some reason can't view the site on my computer. That really sucks because I was looking at it at a friends house and wanted to read more when I got home. I have installed Flash 7 and disabled my popup blocker and it still won't open anything for me. Crap!!

Hmm...

must have missed it because I dont hear one bar of Robotech music. Someone mind telling me where I missed it?

The intro music. . . before you actually enter the site is from RT. But it's actually one of the good pieces from RT.

Some people are a little too uptight.

H

I have to agree with Hurin. The intro which is Robotech as everyone stated seems to fit well with it. The rest of the music is perfect for the Macross series and DYRL. I know a lot of you are very anti-Robotech but some of the music wasnt bad. :ph34r: No, I am not talking about Minmei aka Reba West. We know who the real Minmay is. :rolleyes: The background/score was pretty good. Overall the website rules.

Just restart your computer and possible clear your browser cache (the latter probably won't help, but might).

Did that....didn't work. I hear music fine on the rest of the site, but not on the Intro. I'll just have to take your word for it.

It didn't play for me when I first went to the site but when I clicked "replay intro" at the bottom left, I got the music. There's also a Music On/Off toggle at the top right of the intro page that *might* be relevant.

Mac OS X 10.3.8, Firefox 1.0, Shockwave Flash 7.0 r24, Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5.1. (I don't think the last plugin is relevant.)

I agree--that is a nice bit of music from Robotech.

It plays during sad times or thought provoking times, sometimes with the narrator talking over it.

Well, in the case of RT, the narrator is nearly always talking way too much over it. ;)