WonderFest News and "non"Recon Thread

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Last I heard Noel unfortunately will not be at WF. However a few of MW will be, such as baribaru faita. So whoever is over there, please post news and whichever pics you can obtain here!(it's going on this weekend in japan while toyfair is going on in NY)

And remember to ask yamato about PV macross zero toys, if they will do anything at all with the license, and uhm,..YF19FP!!!!!

And remember to also say you "aren't" from macrossworld as indicated by graham. lol. :lol:

And in the case some of you DO use clever disguises, post them here too! And pics of the LS YF19 since it kicks ass. Good hunting and enjoy the fest!

How can you ask those kind of questions and expect them not to think you're from MW?  :lol:

wear robotech.com facepaint... ;)

Robotechies wear facepaint???!! :o

Is it blue and are they fighting for freedom from HG? :huh:

no, that would be macrossworlders... WE fight for freedom...

they may make MPC's but they'll never take our 1/48's!!!

1/48's!!!

1/48's!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

How can you ask those kind of questions and expect them not to think you're from MW?  :lol:

wear robotech.com facepaint... ;)

Robotechies wear facepaint???!! :o

Is it blue and are they fighting for freedom from HG? :huh:

no, that would be macrossworlders... WE fight for freedom...

they may make MPC's but they'll never take our 1/48's!!!

1/48's!!!

1/48's!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

They can steal our Franchise, but they will never have our 1/48s! *bad scottish accent*

while toyfair is going on in NY...

you know, i almost went to the NYTF last year but i heard there were all sorts of crazy rules and restrictions, something about setting up appointments and what have you in order to enter company booths...ridiculous i say! :rolleyes:

WONDER FESTIVAL LIVE REPORT

Just got a phone call from Howard and he gave me some information.

1. YAMATO - NO MACROSS ITEMS DISPLAYED!

- 1/60 Monster is on indefinte hold.

- 1/100 VF-0S Will be released Oct or Nov.

- Gpb 1/48 - later this year possibly

- YF-19 F/P- Possible re-sculpt - But most likely is not going to happen. :angry:

2. Un Balance Resin upgrade for YF-19: Fast Packs for the Hasegawa - Did not get released because they couldn't get a license. However they did re-release the Fold-Booster for the YF-19.

3. Platz - Did not release the Photo-Etched parts for the VF-0S. Could not get a license.

4. Mospeada - Lliga & Rook Ride Armor did not get released. They could not get a license.

Everything to do with Macross 1/72 scale sold out within the first 30 minutes of WF opening.

In other news - CLUB-M can do Macross releated kits again. However they can no longer mass-produce them as they did once before. They can only release a limited number of kits that will be available at special events only. However when asked if they are going to do Macross kits again the answer was probably not.

Howard has made his way about half-way through the convention site. He plans on calling me later on in the day if there is anything else to report.

The majority of new Macross items that were scheduled for release were not because of lisencing problems.

Rob

He didn't specify.  I would imagine the same stuff that was released this past summer.  Time was tight and it was really noisey, so we cut the conversation short.

Rob

Oh... I see...

Well, thanx for the update! :)

Too bad most of the kits werent able to get the license. I wonder why. :huh:

Yamato news was better than I expected. At least the VF-0S and the GBP-1 will eventually come out. Too bad it looks like everything else is as good as dead... :(

Edited by AlphaHX

OMG.

While I was specting bad news from Yamato, I never inmagined such bad scenario. :blink::(

I mean... this news SUCKS so bad.

Yamato, what a huge Let down... AGAIN <_<

And all this poo about the licences... looks like Big West dont want anymore Macross products arround. I wonder... How can this be happening?

Now is kinda clear we will not see any YF 19 FP,and Monster ever. And maybe we wont even see the 1/48 GBP and VF 0 toys.

MAybe we will end supporting toynami and robotech toys in a few months...

This is so pathetic. :angry:

1.  YAMATO - NO MACROSS ITEMS DISPLAYED!

- 1/60 Monster is on indefinte hold.

- 1/100 VF-0S Will be released Oct or Nov.

- Gpb 1/48 - later this year possibly

- YF-19 F/P- Possible re-sculpt - But most likely is not going to happen. :angry:

Man, that sucks (but was not totally unexpected). It's a real shame that Yamato had nothing Macross on display. I was at least hoping they would have the 1/48 GBP sculpt there. Perhaps it's still in the CAD stage, or they don't feel confident enough in the sculpt at this stage?

Rob, if Yamato are willing to talk, can you please ask Howard to ask them the following additional questions: -

1) Is the reason for the delay wth the 1/100 VF-0S due to further resculpting?

2) Will we be seeing VF-0 variants, i.e. VF-0A and most importantly VF-0D?

3) Can they say if there are any plans for an SV-51 toy?

Seems weird that BW did not approve the licenses for most of the Macross garage stuff. Are they tightening the approval process?

Graham

1) Is the reason for the delay wth the 1/100 VF-0S due to further resculpting?

2) Will we be seeing VF-0 variants, i.e. VF-0A and most importantly VF-0D?

3) Can they say if there are any plans for an SV-51 toy?

1. He didn't ask - But the last problem was getting it from Sculpt to prototype.

2. No. It is highly Un-Likely.

3. No. Highly Un-Likely.

Bubblegum Crisis Figures - Yamato had Gashapon size figures displayed - Pics taken

Atlier - Had the Action Figures Displayed - Pics taken

Macross 1/72 Items that were available:

Battroid Kit - Non-Scale (Sorry I forgot to ask which one - YF-19?)

VF-22S 1/72 Conversion Kit for the Hasegawa

Metal Head Lasers

Aluminum Strike Cannons

Micro Missle Packs

Aluminum Missles

That about sums it up.

Rob

Edited by Monkey-N

Damn it , this really stinks.

It sounds like BW and Yamato are giving up on Macross. I don´t wanna be paranoid but if BW wasn´t willing to give licenses to anyone then what do they plan to do to sell macross products ? this is ridiculous , and Yamato looks ever more interested in other more ¨successful¨ series than macross ( their primary ticket to stardom IMO).

I was expecting an enourmous lack of products on display but this is SAD ,I mean, delays are nowadays the ruling fashion for Yamato but a late ´05 release for the 1/48 GBP and an October ( read : Dicember) release for the unwanted 1/100 VF-0, are they just dumb or what ? what kind of signal do they read from boards and mails telling them not to go 1/100 ? why do they not only delay it´s release but insist on this scale ? it´s beyond me really.

I don't believe it was Yamato that was trying to get the Mospeada license. It's a different company. I believe they released the Stick/Rei figure and the Yellow figure prior to this WF and was posted here.

Thanks Howard and Rob.

Sad, sad news about Yamato and Macross. But I'm not that worried, I'm sure if Yamato drops the license some other smaller company will be scrambling to pick it up. I just hope it'll be one that puts out quality products and has good QC. *crosses finger*

Edited by >EXO<