Bandai Macross 7 1/65 GALLERY thread!

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

So guys. I have a craving to buy some more macross 7 valks. Their simplicity, at first a turn off, now I just want them because they have their own weird charms. I mean yamato hasn't done any macross 7 stuff do to lack of license, but bandai sure has!!

So post some pics!! I findmyself craving the VF-17S and VF-19S. I know these look nowhere near as well as the 1/100 bandai models or yamato macross plus toys, but still these are fun and durable toys and I only wish I had more than just my fire valk.

So post them up! We've had a yamato gallery and the reissues and stuff, but i can't remember a bandai 1/65 macross 7 gallerie. So give these 1/65 overloooked aquired taste monstrosities their due and lets relish in the nostalgia~!

I recently just bought a 1/65.

I would love in future to see a better vf17s that looks more sleek. I find that this mech (not necessarily the toy itself) looks nice in all 3 modes: Fighter, Battroid, and GERWALK and wish there would be some way for yamato to release thier own version.

Hopefully when binaltech jets come out they will steal this transformation, and then release a sleeker vf17s as a decepticon or something? :D

It would be a F-1117, and to be big enough for transformation, at least be 1/48 scale. Which is not huge but a bit bigger than a 1/48 VF-1. That would be pretty cool.

Hey dude post pics of your valk man!!

Ewilen, thanks, I did see the galleries years back but Nam doesn't apply stickers. I wanted to see pics by fans here.

You're right, the clone -19S isn't accurate. The clone has the Fire Valk's wings, and not the reshaped wings the F/S models are supposed to have.

I haven't put the stickers on yet because I didn't feel like it yet. I have them out to do it, just haven't. I also wanted to look for a better color reference because the instuction sheet isn't very useful for the sticker placement.

What are those bootleg 1/65 valks like?  I see them all the time on ebay. I hear though that the blazer isn't accurate and is just a clone of the red fire one.

Having had both the Bandai Fire Valk, and the Bootleg Blazer Valk. Sadly, the boots are just about as nice as the Bandai valks.

A real low point in Bandai's history if you ask me. They give us the Chunky Monkey which everyone here reveres in one fashion or another, and then the Mac 7 POS Valks. <_<

I agree with Max, if someone could convert a Yamato, it would be sweet.

Edited by Mechamaniac

Bandai should have reisseud the Blazer and VF17D. SO cheap to do and all of them kick ass. Well Fire is decent but Blazer blows it away. FOr some reason I love the blazer now. Looks awesome. The 1/100 is beautiful and even if yamato were just to change the head, canard pack, and wings on thwe 1/72 VF-19A and give it a repaint into the blazer, I would STILL buy it!

Graham got any pics, I know you've got the whole set of m7 valks!

The blazer boots that are all over ebay are pretty bad but there were older bootlegs that weren't that bad. Actually they were almost as good as the originals. The bootlegs I'm talking about were back in the day when they made boots of all the M7 valks and not just the 19s

I've been planning to take a pic of my 1/65 Mac 7 toys since this thread started, but just haven't found the time. Gotta round up all my Mac 7 toys as some are at home, some at work, one is presently being customed (VF-17S Milia custom).

Last time I counted, I think I had the following quantity: -

VF-17D = 4

VF-17S = 4

VF-19S = 4

VF-19kai = 3

VF-17S reissue = 3

VF-19Kai reissue = 1

Graham

OOOOO definitely get pics of the Blazer!!! and the D 17!!!! Those 2 are awesome. Do you have stickwers applied Graham? I LOVE the fighter mode of the Blazer!

Yep, have stickers applied, but as my first issue Mac 7 toys are all 10 years old now, some of the stickers are peeling quite badly (Hmm.....should talk to Takatoys about replacements).

Also, some of the yellow stickers on the Blazer and the VF-17S have also changed color in places, actually have developed blue spots! Not sure why, maybe because of the humidity here in HK. Anybody else have this problem?

Graham

...where'd that YF 19 gunpod come from? :o

Bingo, you spotted it. Give the man a round of applause :D .

I had it custom made here in Hong Kong about 8 or 9 years ago, specifically to use with the Bandai 1/65 scale VF-19S toy, as Bandai sell the toy with the wrong weapon (a Speaker Pod Launcher, instead of the correct GU-15 gunpod) :( .

It cost me quite a bit to have sculpted, but unfortunately, they messed up the size, made it a little too big and also put the grip slightly too far back as well. I had 20 made, but sold most of them years ago.

Graham

much props graham! I am still trying to build up my diamond force. all I need now is one more vf-17D. And what I really want to get is that vf-19s. All I have is the first released bootleg with the grey shoulders. :p:D:lol:

The blazer boots that are all over ebay are pretty bad but there were older bootlegs that weren't that bad. Actually they were almost as good as the originals. The bootlegs I'm talking about were back in the day when they made boots of all the M7 valks and not just the 19s

I'm really curious to see these good boots side by side compared with:

-crap boots

-bandais

Are the ones (the boots) shown on http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/macross7.html

the same as the crap boots or are they the same as the good boots? (looks to me they are the same as the ebay boots which I assume are the crap ones)

If anyone has like close up images that would be good to see. Also be interesting to see the different 19 wing shape etc

I think Bandai should reissue the blazer with correct gun pod and printed-on details.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker