NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

The guy complaining about the morals of buying toys from a company that aggressively pursues its legal rights to a decades-old property (which were obtained in good faith) has an animated icon depicting an infant being place-kicked with the caption "owned"? Huh.

:p

The guy complaining about the morals of buying toys from a company that aggressively pursues its legal rights to a decades-old property (which were obtained in good faith) has an animated icon depicting an infant being place-kicked with the caption "owned"? Huh.

What baby being kicked?

:unsure:

The guy complaining about the morals of buying toys from a company that aggressively pursues its legal rights to a decades-old property (which were obtained in good faith) has an animated icon depicting an infant being place-kicked with the caption "owned"?  Huh.

What baby being kicked?

dude great sig :D

The guy complaining about the morals of buying toys from a company that aggressively pursues its legal rights to a decades-old property (which were obtained in good faith) has an animated icon depicting an infant being place-kicked with the caption "owned"?  Huh.

What baby being kicked?

hehe nice avatar. But I think you might be asked to take it down. I posted one up that got everybody droolin and then everybody else started posting up their own booby shakers. It kinda got outta hand so the mods had to step in. hehe it was fun while it lasted. :p:D:lol:

hehe nice avatar. But I think you might be asked to take it down. I posted one up that got everybody droolin and then everybody else started posting up their own booby shakers. It kinda got outta hand so the mods had to step in. hehe it was fun while it lasted. tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

maybe if nobody notice's it ;) they will not say anything and let him keep it :p

So has anyone seen an Alpha preorder for less than $79.99 yet?

Considering Toynami will ream any retailer who does go lower...

I was just curious. I've already preordered from Kev and so far his free shipping on the Alpha has been the best 'deal-sweetener' I've seen.

Yeah, like it's at all possible to ignore an avatar like *that* :)

Anyone here going to AX this weekend? There will be a completed Alpha MPC on display in the Robotech booth, along with some gameplay footage from the new game.

yeah, I'll be there this weekend. I'ma try to be one of the first in line so I can go pick up the bookends and maybe that limited super poseable hikaru strike valkyrie. It'll be the first booth to the right. So it'll be close to the entrance. hehe. I already mapped out my gameplan for AX. :p:D:lol:

I'm going to try to get a part time job at a local toy store just so I can see if I can get one of these below retail... even though the idea of buying toynami is distastefull to me, but I like this alpha sculpt enough to dish out some money for it... maybe I'll just wait wait and see if it drops to VF-1 prices... 25 bucks.... which... is about 26 dollars to much if you ask me... that's right, I wanna be making money for taking one of those MPC VF-1's.

doesn't the size of the MPC Alpha irritate any of you? the least Toynami could have done was stick to the original 1/35 scale used by Gakken.

yeah, the size does bother me... which is why I refuse to pay retail for it... and i'm hoping that toynami will get around to releasing a linkable beta for it... which will go a way to justifying the itty bitty hyper small size of this thing... really, it is in the 12 dollar trannie toy size range right now.

the size is really just one of many complaints I have with the toy... those large clown feet, that awful sculpt on the sensor pod... the monstrously ridiculous retail price.... hmmm... why did I want this thing again?

nostalgia... :wacko::unsure:

Anybody know if they are shipping in July since it is July? I preordered mine a while back for $65. Now if this has issues, I might as well bid on a Gakken Alpha. I am hoping for a Beta linkup.

I doubt any of us here can say for sure, but it seems like a pretty good bet that they will ship at the end of July. One hopeful sign is this post at RT.com:

http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=200

note it was posted at the end of June, and they claimed production samples of the alpha would be on display at anime expo this weekend; also they repeated the claim that the toy will ship in July. If the toy were delayed again, I hope/think they would have told us by now. But we'll see.

As for the size irritating me: sure, I wish it was bigger, but I wouldn't say it 'irritates' me. If I let things like that irritate me, I'd be pissed off constantly. :D

As for the size irritating me: sure, I wish it was bigger, but I wouldn't say it 'irritates' me. If I let things like that irritate me, I'd be pissed off constantly. :D

Agreed. I'd say that it's more disappointing than irritating. Toynami should have gone with 1/48...smaller than the 1/35 but still manageable for a Beta link-up, and bigger than the puny 1/55, and conveniently in scale with the Yamato 1/48 Valks. Oh well, 1/55 will have to do. What is really galling is that they are asking $80 large for this thing, but as has been mentioned countless times before, since they are the only game in town for new Mospeada Legioss toys they can charge whatever the hell they want. I just hope that the final product at least comes close to justifying the price.

Well I saw the production model today at Anime Expo. I think it looks very good, but the thing that really stands out is its SO small. Its probably a tiny bit smaller than a superposable. I think it looks great (especially in fighter mode) but after seeing it in person, its really hard to justify $80 for it.

Well I saw the production model today at Anime Expo. I think it looks very good, but the thing that really stands out is its SO small. Its probably a tiny bit smaller than a superposable. I think it looks great (especially in fighter mode) but after seeing it in person, its really hard to justify $80 for it.

Did they at least do a good job closing up the all of those nasty gaps that were on the pre-production model?

Smaller than a super poseable?!?!?! Man, they must be serious about putting out that Beta Fighter afterall cuz that's the only reason why I can imagine that this toy could be that small.

I always gave great appraise to Toynami on trying to introduce better quality produce with subsequent releases.

However, That is disgusting if they made the Alphas smaller than posables. Well, its good thing is that Gakkens are still around to make it a nice display piece next to other Macross collections.

Well I saw the production model today at Anime Expo.  I think it looks very good, but the thing that really stands out is its SO small.  Its probably a tiny bit smaller than a superposable.  I think it looks great (especially in fighter mode) but after seeing it in person, its really hard to justify $80 for it.

Did they at least do a good job closing up the all of those nasty gaps that were on the pre-production model?

My question exactly. It would be inexcuseable if those gaps on the lower legs on the proto type, carry over into the production run.

Surprised I there aren't any pics from AX. I'll post a few of the production model Toynami had on display. The Harmony Gold panel had one on hand for fans to handle and play with. I didn't want to fight the crowd waiting to touch the thing. But, I'm highly impressed. Something I never said about the Macross MPCs.

post-26-1088920971_thumb.jpg

Edited by wrylac