RARE! Vintage 1/55 Takatoku VF-1D MIB!

Takatoku

Here it is, the rarest piece to any collection.

The 1/55 Takatoku VF-1D!

This vintage item can be found nowhere. It is mint, includes gun pod, instruction sheet, catalog, gun clip, missles on tree, plus two types of heat shields!

Actually, this is an all custom job. Paper work including the box, catalog, instruction sheet, stickersheet and the valkyrie are customs.

If anyone is interested in a custom vf-1d box I might consider making one or two.

I just want to see whether there is interest or not.

Let me know plus the amount you will pay. I'm pretty busy, but i'll try to reply as soon as possible.

Old school all the way!

Takatoku

post-4-1107596879.jpg

nevermind.... didn't read all the way before I posted...lol. Nice custom. Did you pull the styro from a trashed Takatoku box? or Get it cut brand new? Al and I have been looking for someone to cut some styro for our custom boxes for a while.

Edited by Skull Leader

its actually styrofoam from an old takatoku.

The styrofoam is the hardest to custom. don't know where to do it. I love the styrofoam though.

box is pretty expensive. at least $50 to make. :o

Man the pictures make the box look kinda purple. :(

ah, whatever.......

anyone still interested?

(yeah right :D )

anyone still interested?

(yeah right :D )

I would say yes, some of us are interested in getting a custom box. However, I think that it would be really cool if you went a step further and created a box for the following valkyries as well.

1) VF-1A Max

2) VF-1A Kakizaki

3) VF-1A Angelbird

4) VF-1A Alaska (might be stretching it here because this one only had one minute of airtime, if that. )

I would say that the first 3 would be a definite must in order to create a complete line of Takatoku SDF Macross boxes. I know that I'd buy one of each. :D

post-4-1107682813_thumb.jpg

damn that's a freakin awesome custom job!! much props!! I'd love to have one with the valk!! I suck soooo bad at customizing. If the valk came with the box, I'd be all over it! ;):p:D:lol:

yes i agree this is a incredible custom you need to do some of the bigger sets as well, like the VF-1s strike valk or elintseeker, i have always wanted one of those in a good condition box

chris

Which one is the 2nd on the bottom right? The Alaska 1A? Looks like it. And what about the grey 1J?

Yes that's the Alaska Base VF-1A and the grey VF-1J is supposed to represent the VF-1J that Hikaru is seen training in while becoming a fighter pilot. Although, I think that GREY is an incorrect color. I've always thought that the VF-1J he flew was a BROWN cannon fodder 1J with some color loss due the age of the animation. Maybe I'll have to view that episode again to see if I'm right. Hey, can anyone get a screen capture of the 1J trainer?

Which one is the 2nd on the bottom right? The Alaska 1A? Looks like it. And what about the grey 1J?

Yes that's the Alaska Base VF-1A and the grey VF-1J is supposed to represent the VF-1J that Hikaru is seen training in while becoming a fighter pilot. Although, I think that GREY is an incorrect color. I've always thought that the VF-1J he flew was a BROWN cannon fodder 1J with some color loss due the age of the animation. Maybe I'll have to view that episode again to see if I'm right. Hey, can anyone get a screen capture of the 1J trainer?

This the picture you want.

post-4-1107901358_thumb.jpg

Who cares! It still looks cool. :D

Agreed, it does look cool. I was just pointing out that it doesn't appear to be an OFFICIAL color scheme from Macross. However, it's nice to see a unique custom paint job that retains a Macross paint scheme, if that makes sense. :lol:

Edited by Valkfan

• 18 years later...