SV-51 Gerwalk WIP

fernandofaria

Lets see tanks hmmmm. how does a full option Tiger 1 with metal tracks sound, or the King Tiger, and a heavily upgraded bandai Sturmgeschutz IV with metal tracks and dual motor drive? all in all about 2 grand worth of tanks (had to get a bandai Panzer IV for a lower hull on the stug)

ANYWAY! back on topic. Fernando any more pics of the paint job or will you keep us waiting in suspense?

Edited by HWR MKII

Ok . I run out of all dark gray colors , so , I had to order somemore from japan , and it will take 3 weeks to arrive here in Brasil ...

Meanwhile , I made some last minute detailing with photo-etched and spare parts .

I used kotobukiya detail set for the nose and wing joint , and some unknow tank parts for the legs .

The inside of the shoulder was a litlle empty too , so , I added those tiny parts that I borrowed from some mini tanks .

Oh , And I replaced the ejection trigger for a smaller piece of plastic .

That was so tiny , that I had to use a magnifier to take the photo .

here are the picts .

And , with this , I am officialy ending this post .

The painting will be in amothr one .

Thank you for all the replies and support .

post-3-1108405777_thumb.jpg

ops . I made two errors .

First one , in the last post I was trying to say , "The painting will be in ANOTHER one. sorry , bad typing ...

Second error : my picts on this post are finished ... not the post itself .

Please , keep posting .

I would like to know if someone else wants to do the same conversion , or another one .

(my next project is the vf0-b gerwalk) .

If there is something that I can help , just ask ...

Actually could you post a list or the kits, parts and recources used on this project if possible? :D

Sure .

To make this conversion , I found all material here in the foruns , in the macross zero official site and

in the model graphix magazine.

Surprisely , I didnt found any line drawing of the gerwalk . Does someone have it ?

And you will need to buy these kits for the construction of the arms:

Griffon labor (1/60 bandai) , The O (bandai 1/144) .

To detail the rest of the model , you will need of lots of wave and kotobukiya detail sets .

post-3-1108516820_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Almost a year later... bumpity bump bump.

384997[/snapback]

After my last post , I went into the painting , and the flat base I used ( testors ) ,

almost ruined everything .

So I had to start the paint job again .. .

Maybe next month I can start it again ......

post-1186-1143565757_thumb.jpg

Edited by fernandofaria

incredible work. i hope you can do a nice photoshoot of it with much larger pcitures.

chris

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Grayson Grayson Grayson... I hope Yamato does make a toy of this... then all the little Toy Boys will have something to talk about for the next year. I can see it now.

"This joint is really loose... oh my gosh, we gotta sign a petition to Yamato and voice our serious distress"

"I hope they come out with 36 different color variants, so I can line them up to fight against my Playmobile army"

" There was a krinkle in the box art... and I forgot to refill my hypertension meds... aaaaarrrrgh!"

Go play with your toys.