Monster

Berttt

I guess it was mentioned here and there in random threads. I remembered it was briefly mentioned in the 1/72 list thread.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...%20monster&st=0

I dont know too much about it... lets see...

It was made by Patemori Soba (the same people who made the other 1/72 destroids). Last time I checked, it wasnt posable and was fixed posed. I also heard that its not too detailed. Its quite big... almost like a little statue and I think consists around 15 pounds of resin. Last time I checked, only a couple of people here in MW has one.

If you dont know about the other 1/72 destroids, I'll post up pictures in a sec. The phalanx was really popular since its the only one made in the 1/72 scale.

Here are the other destroids that Patemori Soba made. All 1/72 scale. They also have very little detail from what I just recently learned and are fixed posed.

Oh yeah... and this should be a picture of the 1/72 monster.

edit: wrong picture

Edited by AlphaHX

Thanks, it's always good to find out there is something else out there.

While we are talking about big monsters has anyone tried building one using that paper monster as start? How big it is when printed on A4 paper anyway?

Thanks to a HD crash I don't have those files anymore so I can't do my own checking...........but if someone was to post a link or e-mail me them it would be great.

Cheers,

Berttt

Here are the other destroids that Patemori Soba made. All 1/72 scale. They also have very little detail from what I just recently learned and are fixed posed.

post-3-1107987659.jpg

???

Isn't that a pic of the 1/60 scale Yamato Monster?:huh: You can see the rest of the Yamato Valks on the sid of the pic, most notably the 1/48 Roy... this pic is pretty famous around these parts.

???

Isn't that a pic of the 1/60 scale Yamato Monster?:huh: You can see the rest of the Yamato Valks on the sid of the pic, most notably the 1/48 Roy... this pic is pretty famous around these parts.

is it? i didnt label my pictures so i mess them up a lot. :p

ill look around my pictures again and see if i can find the 1/72 monster... i swore i had one... <_<

Edited by AlphaHX

• 3 weeks later...

Monster nut here . Not only am i a valkaholic im a Monsterholic as well. That is truely the holy grail o kits for me. The 1/48 strike valk is considered normal for me since i own 2 but a 1/72 monster( drool) would be the end all be all .

Edited by HWR MKII

WOW, i have not thought about this kit in a really long time, I have not worked on this model for years, but when i first got it i wanted to really superdetail it, I started to do some work as seen in the pic. My modeling skills are much improved since then, someday i will need to finish this up and really add all the bells and whistles, looking at it now it really needs a lot of structural change to get it to look more like the line art.....still a fun, rare kit to have...

Picture390.jpg

They really could have done a big chunk of it hollow to keep the weight down (not MN the original sculptors) for example the arm cannons could have been built hollow by having the inside face be a "lid" on the rest of the arm, that alone would have saved a ton of resin. also at least part of the body could have been hollowed with a similar "lid" cast seperatly to keep the weight down.........

Edited by mslz22

O_O Holy Crap! THAT THING IS HUGE!! and sexy at the same time.

its even bigger in person then it looks in Mike's pic...it's unreal! (and solid! Gotta be a gallon of resin in it..if not more! )

>_< yulp.... With all of that resin for the stratch build. Must be on HEAVY mother.

Just looking at the pic of the main body is like yeks!

The question is will there be more recasts in the future?

Good question. Too bad even a recast will cost an arm and a leg. :ph34r:

:( Tell me about it...I'd need a year or two to save for one...how much do you think a recast would go for before shipping is included in the price? 400, 500 or 600 USD?

:( Tell me about it...I'd need a year or two to save for one...how much do you think a recast would go for before shipping is included in the price? 400, 500 or 600 USD?

Before shipping? Hmm...

Last time I checked, I think it was 450ish... plus... obviously like 100 dollar shipping. :ph34r:

Man, but a 1/72 Monster. Its like a dog. I can pet it and it can have its own dog house. Hahahah... :lol:

Before shipping? Hmm...

Last time I checked, I think it was 450ish... plus... obviously like 100 dollar shipping. :ph34r:

Man, but a 1/72 Monster. Its like a dog. I can pet it and it can have its own dog house. Hahahah... :lol:

You could put it in its own room and name it, then when guests come over you can lead them to "the Monster" room...:D Man that would rock!

Could you imagine that beast in 1/48?? :o

Edited by Damian

You could put it in its own room and name it, then when guests come over you can lead them to "the Monster" room...:D Man that would rock!

Could you imagine that beast in 1/48?? :o

Hahaha... I would if I had way too much money and could dedicate a room to my hobbies.

A 1/48 Monster would be the size of... ME. It'll be like having a statue in ur house. Craziness. Hahah... :lol:

I've considered (once i am caught up with other projects) scratchbuilding a 1/72 monster, but making the body/arms etc hollow to keep down the weight and the cost. this one is nice but very inaccurate, another recast of it would be tough and really break the bank. I have to take a long car ride today, i will daydream about how i would scratchbuild one :D:D

I've considered (once i am caught up with other projects) scratchbuilding a 1/72 monster, but making the body/arms etc hollow to keep down the weight and the cost.  this one is nice but very inaccurate, another recast of it would be tough and really break the bank. I have to take a long car ride today, i will daydream about how i would scratchbuild one :D  :D

Say its so Mike! :o

Put me down for a 1/72 nicely detailed, more accurate Monster!!! :ph34r:

Hell, I'm almost ready (as soon as I get more money) to get the 1/72 Monster that already exists. If you make a better one!!!! :o

I dont know what to say to that other than TAKE MY MONEY!!! :p:lol:

Ok, after 4 hours of driving today (yes 4 hours!!) I've come up with a plan of how i would scratchbuild a monster and more importantly how i would cast it to keep the cost more reasonable than this one. If there are enough people interested i may start thinking about the build after i finish up a couple of things in the next few weeks (Blueroses custom/vf4 stuff/another scratchbuild for another model place that i can't say what it is but Jesse has seen the progress :D ) but i would really need to know how many people would be interested to see if it would be worth it.

Edited by mslz22

Ok, after 4 hours of driving today (yes 4 hours!!) I've come up with a plan of how i would scratchbuild a monster and more importantly how i would cast it to keep the cost more reasonable than this one. If there are enough people interested i may start thinking about the build after i finish up a couple of things in the next few weeks (Blueroses custom/vf4 stuff/another scratchbuild for another model place that i can't say what it is but Jesse has seen the progress :D ) but i would really need to know how many people would be interested to see if it would be worth it. ALPHAHX, i regret to inform you that your VF4 has not gone out yet, but it is really not my fault :D , my hobby shop is now at 9 days late with getting the clear stuff for the canopy, it is not their fault either it is the supplier, if you want me to send the kits out on monday without the canopy drop me a PM and i will mail them, same goes for Trueblueyes if you are reading. Sorry guys, but this should be the last delay on your preorders......

mike

Dont worry about it. It isnt like it was planning to built it the second it comes thru the door. A few more days or even a week shouldnt kill me. I can wait for the canopy. I've waited half a year or so for the IHP Koenig Monster recast. This wait is speedy fast imo. :p

Thanx for the update tho. I appreciate it. :)

Truthfully, I think the biggest concern for a project as big as a 1/72 Monster is the cost obviously. People like me will probably be in no matter the cost well... assuming its ~$500 and its damn sweet looking. :rolleyes:;)

But as for others, I'm pretty sure the only way to sway them will be a low cost. I hope it gets enuf interesting. I'm so excited I'm ready to send money to you for the hell of it. Hahahah... :lol::p

I've been pondering the cost and as with most projects the price will depend on how many people are interested, to the point that if it was 25 instead of 20 it would make a difference. I guess we can feel around for interest. I would not want any money until the masters and the molds were finished and everyone was happy with the master, I just really do not want to hold peoples $, i can fund the build myself. So if you guys are serious, should we start a seperate interest thread? this is pretty cool because i have been wanting to do a destroid build in either 1/48 or 1/60 for a while (just ask Jesse :D he's heard me talk about it for a while) but if a 1/72 monster is what people want (assuming i get it done right ;) )maybe that is a good place to start

well; I still want a 1/72 monster and i would be willing to build some parts if you need a hand on the build up process; like the arms out of styrene, cardboard and such, etc. I would just need the correct scaled lenghts and widths...

V

* Mike; If you go ahead with the proyect you know i will be on the look for one so put me down on the list....

Edited by 007-vf1