Next Macross kit from Hasegawa?

godfather

A 1/72 scale SDF-1.

Asking price: $4.2 million

Size: 50 feet long

Then they'll come out with the optional wharehouse to house it in for only a few hundred thou...

Far fetched? It has a better chance of happening than a Regult or destroid.

nay..Hasegawa doesn't deal with huge alien spaceships ;). They might do a cheyenne or other destroids since they have made valkyrie battroids, a break from their tradition of mostly aircraft.

I don't think they are done with Macross Zero yet. Might get battroid models for the SV-51 and VF-0 plus a weapons set for the VF-0. Maybe even a drone/Ghostbird/booster set.

nay..Hasegawa doesn't deal with huge alien spaceships ;). They might do a cheyenne or other destroids since they have made valkyrie battroids, a break from their tradition of mostly aircraft.

I don't think they are done with Macross Zero yet. Might get battroid models for the SV-51 and VF-0 plus a weapons set for the VF-0. Maybe even a drone/Ghostbird/booster set.

yeah... the VF-0 battroids would be easy to do given their experience with the VF-1 battroids and the VF-0 aircraft. The engineering should be similar. They are all about economics, so the easier, the better.

I heard something about a repackage of the VF-1 non FAST Pack design as a pick the head type ala the VF-1 Strike/Super that they released last year. But that's all I've heard. :(

That's all that showed up in their 2005 catalogue, anyway. Doesn't look promising.

I hope they make a VF-11. They seem to have a license for both Mac Plus and Mac 7, so they could make both the B and C variants. They could also sell FAST packs specific to each show either with the planes or in a set containing both kinds of packs. The latter would provide incentive for us gullible schmoes to buy two VF-11 models.

Maybe I should stop giving Hase ideas on how to screw us :ph34r:

That's a nice Fire Valk. Who made it? I assume it is just a user modification of the YF-19 model?

Edited by Mule

cool fire valk. i think it was made using parts from the 1/100 bandai model. if it was so then i better buy a hase 19 and a bandai 19S and with some minnor swaping i would get a 1/72 VF-19S.

by the way, did anyone else realized that the chest section of the hasegawa is the same size as the bandai 1/100 VF-19S chest section. maybe using parts of each kit one could build a semi-variable.

Jessee.

Actually i wouldnt mind doing a custom of that kit. The wings on the recast were thick enough to allow for the reshaping my main concern would be the "foot" cuffs. Id even try to make the kit from reasonable condition recastreject parts since it seems id have to reshape the nose anyway. The Axe wouldnt be too hard either i have sheet plastic in the right thickness for it. Hell i would even send the reshaped parts back to you before construction to makesome new molds PM me maybe we can hash something together.

Come to think of it the wings and nose are the same its the fuselage thats different its been extended further up the sides of the fighter and doesnt have the dorsal intakes on the leading edge.

Edited by HWR MKII

• 2 weeks later...

I want my Destroids! Cummon Hase! You do tanks, why not Destroids? Pleaseohpleaseohplease!

Heh, kinda fun to sounds like a whiney teenager again.

new box art and 3 heads in one....woowhoo.

Yeah, no surprises there. If the gods favour us, someone going to WonderFest will spot something new :D , but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I think we're in for a dry spell, model-wise.

Mind you, I'll probably pick up one of the three-heads-in-one kits... watching the new "Battlestar Galactica" has got me hankerin' to do a VF-1A in a Viper-style paint scheme.

Edited by Penguin

new box art and 3 heads in one....woowhoo.

Yeah, no surprises there. If the gods favour us, someone going to WonderFest will spot something new :D , but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I think we're in for a dry spell, model-wise.

Mind you, I'll probably pick up one of the three-heads-in-one kits... watching the new "Battlestar Galactica" has got me hankerin' to do a VF-1A in a Viper-style paint scheme.

If you do, would you please scan it for me? I don't think Ill be getting it, but I'd like one up in the models section.

If the gods favour us, someone going to WonderFest will spot something new :D , but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I think we're in for a dry spell, model-wise.

Not 100% certain, but I think Hasegawa usually don't have a booth at Wonder Fest. Of course I could be completely wrong.

Graham