Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

yeah, transformers were expensive in its time. Especially the Bandai Godaikins. I wanted Voltes V, and it was $80. No way in hell was I getting that from my parents. I did get an Alpha fighter/Legioss. After about 1 1/2 years of saving my lunch money. I bought my first legioss before Robotech even came out. It was just the coolest toy ever for me. I just could not believe that the robot inside the box could even transform into a jet. I even bought it from Gemco, if you remember that store.

363168[/snapback]

Haha i remember gemco.

what about fedco?

yup! I remember fedco, BEst, zodies. I would get so excited about the best catatlog or even the BEst flyers in the sunday paper since they would always have transformers in them. Even though I never even been to a BEst store. Wow, a time before rollerblades, the internet, DVDs, and even CDs. Hard to imagine now. :blink:

The next alternator...Binaltech Ginrai/ Alternator Optimus Prime. Makes me wanna weep.

http://www.binalternators.de/optimus_prime_english.html

363263[/snapback]

I've actually been waiting for a Dodge Ram to be done as an alternator. True, this one should have been ironhide, but I guess Prime tends to sell better. The robot mode is a little funky. I like the vehicle mode a lot, though. I'll probably wait for the binaltech version since I am tired of collecting cheap plastic looking toys. I am really hoping that the black version will look ten times better and possibly will have a different looking head that can pass for ironhide. Custom anybody?

The next alternator...Binaltech Ginrai/ Alternator Optimus Prime. Makes me wanna weep.

http://www.binalternators.de/optimus_prime_english.html

363263[/snapback]

I've actually been waiting for a Dodge Ram to be done as an alternator. True, this one should have been ironhide, but I guess Prime tends to sell better. The robot mode is a little funky. I like the vehicle mode a lot, though. I'll probably wait for the binaltech version since I am tired of collecting cheap plastic looking toys. I am really hoping that the black version will look ten times better and possibly will have a different looking head that can pass for ironhide. Custom anybody?

363303[/snapback]

if they do a black version it will probably be Trailbreaker.

chris

I'll probably wait for the binaltech version since I am tired of collecting cheap plastic looking toys.

363303[/snapback]

Unfortunately it is looking like there will be no Binaltech version. I believe it was last week or the week before that Takara/Tomy/Tomykara/Takatomy/Tamokotara cancelled their regular and black Ginrai releases. Wether or not this is set in stone remains to be seen.

The real bugger here is that truck toys apparently don't sell well in Japan, which is why this mold was originally made as Prime. Now Takymoraka seems to be backing out of the deal anyway, leaving the toy too far along in production to be anything but Prime.

Personally I think it looks OK, and I can accept it as Prime. I'm still looking more forward to the THS G1 Prime.

heh actually the cancelled orders have been UNCANCELLED according to nevermore.

363494[/snapback]

Bigbadtoystore, still has the binaltech Dodge Rams up for preorder. I am hoping this will go through as I think an alternators version would look piss poor. BTW, who the hell would want to buy an AFA graded alternator for triple the price? I can maybe understand grading a binaltech, but a cheap plastic toy. AFA grade a SOC or Yamato 1/48. Don't AFA grade a toy that was meant to be played with. Yeesh.

I'll probably grab it. I mean, aside from being a character that I really don't think it should be, it looks pretty nice, the more I look at it. If it were Ironhide, I'd probably proclaim it one of my favourite designs in the line, at least at first glance. At least my most anticipated for the time being. I'm a bit worried that the lower legs are hollow and unstable like a few previous Transformers (RiD's Ultra Magnus comes to mind).

Too bad Hasbro didn't decide to do a colour and headswap. Of course, seeing how many repaints the line has, I think a Dodge Ram Ironhide isn't out of the question for the future.

The questionable cab mode isn't going to deter me from getting this figure, but I do agree that's it's the least attractive of all the versions of G1 Prime. The line art by Kawamori-san looked good enough, I wonder why it couldn't translate better to real life.

it looks great in mech mode, it is a shame about the truck mode, but that is ok, i intend to place him in mech mode anyhow. i really wish they would do the other cars like this i would love a true G-1 style updated Mirage or Sidswipe.

chris

If the material and quality is anything like THS 01, i'm getting this no doubt. ;)

I dun really care about cab mode since this is giong to be mostly robot mode in display for me. Maybe a nice display case in the office. ;)

New alt, based off the new civic was announced at the British toy fair. It's rumble.

364076[/snapback]

A Rumble Civic should be a decked out one with a ridiculously oversized muffler and the biggest speakers one can cram in the trunk. :D A Frenzy would be a Civic all modded out in street racing mods, including lightning decals.

Of course, we'll get boring ordinary ones....just see the original tape dudes as pure punks.

Someone's GOTTA be transforming that Optimus all wrong...the whole cab looks off-kilter and like someone didn't push it all together.... the 'bot mode looks good enough. Might pick one up for my work desk (never bring my MP Optimus into work)....just won't admit it can transform if the current pictures are what you'll wind up with :unsure:

Shoukd be interesting to see completed. Is he going to incorperate some aspects from the DreamWeave design from The War Within and give him a head behind the windshield like a blast shield and HUD? I think that's been the best version of ironhide so far...

Between Rumble and Optimus, all I can say is 'Who got let go from the BT/Alt design team between them and the previous models?' At least Prowl, for all my dislike of him, actually has some nice spots. These are starting to look too regular current Transformer-ish...almost Masterpiece Gobot-ish. :p

Disappointing....I like how his body looks like the old guy, but would prefer it didn't happen at the expense of hanging giants pieces of car off his arms.

Y'know, had they gone a similar route to my goofy idea of making the two tape dudes overly-street modded Civis, Rumble could've had dual mufflers that could've been his 'pile drivers'....oh well.

Between Rumble and Optimus, all I can say is 'Who got let go from the BT/Alt design team between them and the previous models?' At least Prowl, for all my dislike of him, actually has some nice spots. These are starting to look too regular current Transformer-ish...almost Masterpiece Gobot-ish.  :p

Disappointing....I like how his body looks like the old guy, but would prefer it didn't happen at the expense of hanging giants pieces of car off his arms.

Y'know, had they gone a similar route to my goofy idea of making the two tape dudes overly-street modded Civis, Rumble could've had dual mufflers that could've been his 'pile drivers'....oh well.

364479[/snapback]

It's just an artist's conception. I'd wait until we see SOME sort of prototype. I mean, God, it's awful. I'm sure (Pray, anyway) the final model looks better.

It's just an artist's conception. I'd wait until we see SOME sort of prototype. I mean, God, it's awful. I'm sure (Pray, anyway) the final model looks better.

364494[/snapback]

THAT's what scares me. Artist conceptions often look better than final results because intentionally or not they can cheat with scale or how well everything fits or accidentally throw in some more articulation than the final design allows. Maybe we're lucky and it's just the current favorite design out of two or three potential ones and somebody will pick one of the others.