Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I'm ok with that :) I love sport cars but we need new types of vehicles ( I know, Hound and Swindle are fnatastic as Jeep ) :lol:

Alternator/Binaltech collectors. It looks like Ironhide is going to be a Scion xB. :blink:

Wow. Yuck.

...of all the boxy cars currently in production, poor Ironhide gets suck as one of those horrible things?

Size aside, Ironhide's supposed to be a low tech brute of a bot, not some... trendy little box...

Ironhide's supposed to be a low tech brute of a bot, not some... trendy little box...

Alternators are not G1. I know people can't get over this but it's about what car company gives has/tak the license and what the toy company can do with that. (Iron hide was a fricken min-van for god sakes!) Quit getting caught up on names and enjoy the toys people. <_<

Ironhide's supposed to be a low tech brute of a bot, not some... trendy little box...

Alternators are not G1. I know people can't get over this but it's about what car company gives has/tak the license and what the toy company can do with that. (Iron hide was a fricken min-van for god sakes!) Quit getting caught up on names and enjoy the toys people. <_<

I'll admit, choice of car's what got me. The xB just makes me skin crawl.

Didn't tak grab a license from Dodge? We've got the Ram. Perhaps a truck would be too large for the price bracket?

I'll admit, choice of car's what got me. The xB just makes me skin crawl.

You couldn't have said it better. Of all the vehicles to choose from or secure license for, the Scion is craptastic to the point of nauseum. And, the Bin/Alternators have indeed been unquestionably tied to G1, with updated car bodies. Alas, poor Ironhide deserves better. :(

I don't get why some of us keep insisting that the BinAlternators line isn't tied with the G1 series. I thought this was to Transformers what Yamato is to Macross. For the most part, the faces and names have stayed the same, with similar color schemes to the G1 line.

I too think Ironhide deserves a better vehicle form.

well there was a TRU listing for a mega alternator for 29.99.....its in the computers. So perhaps this alternator is in a bigger size class. THe scion looks boring to me. I think a RAM would be a ton better.

And maybe I am alone on this but I would love to see binaltech versions of prime and megatron. LEss expensive than masterpiece, but big enough to be "known" in size difference, as leaders. And different alt modes for those 2 I do not mind...hey can you blame me? I just want the leaders in the line too! And I know I am not alone in wanting a new megatron!

That Scion xB, for all it's boxitude, is a fairly small wagon. It wouldn't make a big enough bot to justify a hihger price range.

I still want Prime as an F350 dually, with Armada-esque transformation. Don't know about Megatron. HUMVEE missle truck, maybe.

I still want Prime as an F350 dually

Prime is MUCH too cool to be a Ford. <_<

agreed

Beats the godawful looking offerings from GM. Dodge has managed to ruin the fronts of their trucks, too.

I want my toys to be cool looking. As such, I go for the only good looking full size truck on the market. Besides, I've heard very good things about the Superduties.

If he's too cool to be a Ford, he certainly couldn't be a Chevy. <_<

Beats the godawful looking offerings from GM. Dodge has managed to ruin the fronts of their trucks, too.

I want my toys to be cool looking. As such, I go for the only good looking full size truck on the market. Besides, I've heard very good things about the Superduties.

If he's too cool to be a Ford, he certainly couldn't be a Chevy. <_<

Toyota, then. Or maybe that big new Nismo. America hasn't made a decent car/truck/SUV since the mid 80's anyway.

Edited by mikeszekely

Nah. He needs to be a dually. Full length bed, preferably with a four door cab.

Besides, the Fords have a nice big truck look to them.

Yes, but they also have the blue and silver Ford logo, and that ruins them for me.

Optimus doesn't break down like a Ford.

Ford's trucks might "look" cooler or have that old-fashioned "Ford Truck" flavor. But it doesn't make up for the fact that Ford can't make a decent engine anymore.

Irrelevant, anyway. Like I said a few posts back, if Optimus doesn't transform into a big rig, it's just not Transformers.

Edited by mikeszekely

Updated! Don Murphy has this to say regarding the AICN rumor:

There's no script so only morons would think or report that George Clooney even knows what this project is....

If people are gonna ask Michael moronic things in the middle of the ISLAND they deserve to react to what he says.

1- There is no script

2- Anything Harry ever writes is suspect

3- Nobody is cast or has been approached even

4- I still want Cullen/Welker

5- Chill Pills are needed.

I was farting sleeping guys. Not avoiding or calling. MOST poo you read in the internet is BS.

Rumor shot down.

While it does seem that we are stuck with Bay in the Director's chair, Clooney is NOT Optimus.

I.. just had to post this. I found it on Seibertron.com.

h, Breaker One-Nine, this here's Prime

You got a copy on me, Prowl? C'mon

Uh, yeah 10-4 Prowl, fer sure, fer sure

By golly it's clean clear to Iacon, c'mon

Uh, yeah, that's a big 10-4 Prowl,

Yeah, we definately got us the front door good buddy,

Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us an Autobot convoy

Was the dark of a moon, in the Earth month of June

In a Freighter, pullin' container

Police car Prowl with his flashers on

And Magnus haulin' mini-cars

We 'as headin' fer Decepticons in Border Regions

'Bout 10 miles outta Iacon

I sez Prowl, this here's Prime

An' I'm about to put the hammer down

Cause we gotta little ol' convoy, rockin through the night

Yeah we gotta little ol' convoy, ain't she a beautiful sight?

Come on and join our convoy, ain't nothin gonna git in our way

We're gonna roll this truckin' convoy, cross Cybertron

Convoy... Autobot Convoy...

Uh, breaker Prowl, this here's Prime

Uh, you wanna back off them 'cons

10-4, 'bout five miles or so, 10-roger

Them 'cons is gittin in-tense up here

By the time we got into Uraya

We had eighty-five 'bots in all

But they's a road block up on the clover leaf

An' them 'cons was wall to wall

Yeah them 'cons was htick as bugs on a bumper

They even had Vortex-in-the-air

I sez callin' all 'bots, this here's Prime

We about to go a huntin' 'con

Cause we gotta great big convoy, rockin through the night

Yeah, we gotta great big convoy, ain't she a beautiful sight?

Come on an' join our convoy, ain't nothin gonna git in our way

We're gonna roll this truckin' convoy across Cybertron

Uh, you wanna give me a 10-9 on that Prowl?

Uh, negatory Prowl, yer still too close

Yeah, them 'cons is still closin' up my optics

Mercy sakes, you better back off another ten

Well we rolled up on the Sonic Canyons

Like Ironhide on rails

We tore up all the Decepticons

And left 'em settin' on the roads

By the time we hit that Kalis

Them 'cons was a gittin' smart

They'd brought up some reinforcements

From the Kaon Imperial Guard

There 'as 'con cars, and tanks, and jeeps

An' rigs of every size

Yeah them city walls 'as full a 'cons

An' seekers filled the skies

Well we shot the line, an' we went for broke

With a thousand screamin' 'bots

And eleven long-haired friends of Primus

In a chartreusse mini-con

Hey, Hound, listen

You wanna put that mini-con in behind Magnus?

Yeah, he's haulin' mini-bots

He needs all the help he can git

Well we laid a strip fer the Kaon border

An' prepared to cross the line

I could see the border 'as lined with 'cons

But I didn't have my doggone gun

I sez Prowl, this here's Prime

We just ain't a gonna fail this run

So we crashed the gate doin' ninety-eight

I sez, let them Autobots roll, 10-4

Cause we gotta mighty convoy, rockin' through the night

Yeah we gotta mighty convoy, ain't she a beautiful sight?

Come on an' join our convoy, ain't nothin' gonna git in our way

We're gonna roll this truckin' convoy across Cybertron

Uh, 10-4 Prowl, what's your 20?

Tyrest?!

Well they outta know what to do with them 'cons out there fer sure

Well mercy sakes alive good buddy

We gonna back on outta here

So keep the bugs off yer glass

An' the 'cons off yer... tail

We gonna catch ya on the flip-flop

This here's Optimus Prime on the side

We gone

Bye, Bye...

Real people( ranchers, contractors-- professionals that actually use the trucks for the designed use) that buy full sized trucks don't buy them to be "cool" <_< . They buy them because they're functional. Hence Superduty and F350.

Real people( ranchers, contractors-- professionals that actually use the trucks for the designed use) that buy full sized trucks don't buy them to be "cool" <_< . They buy them because they're functional. Hence Superduty and F350.

Most of the contractors in my area either drive Chevy's, be it a truck or a van.

I don't live in an area with many ranchers.

But you're right, they don't drive trucks that are "cool." They want to drive trucks with engines that work. Which is why they probably shouldn't be driving Fords.

:p

post-26-1118783055.jpg

Yes. Let's conveniently forget about GM's penchant for making engines that catch fire. <_<

Where I'm at, most of the farmers and contracters drive either Fords or Dodges. First hand accounts I've heard of the super duties made from about 99 on, say that they'll run forever and a day.

Can we go back to talking about Transformers?

Been thinking about making a custom from an Alt Ravage, named Archer. Biggest problem would be getting a head for it, that actually looks like it belongs on a robot.

Yes. Let's conveniently forget about GM's penchant for making engines that catch fire. <_<

Where I'm at, most of the farmers and contracters drive either Fords or Dodges. First hand accounts I've heard of the super duties made from about 99 on, say that they'll run forever and a day.

Can we go back to talking about Transformers?

Been thinking about making a custom from an Alt Ravage, named Archer. Biggest problem would be getting a head for it, that actually looks like it belongs on a robot.

well, fuel to the fire, I sold my 03 GMC2500 POS with 20,000 miles on it, bought a 02 F350,,,I agree with the ford cant make an engine comment, thats why I got the ol' Internatinal Deisel. The trans is the only thing I worry about ( the only part of the drivetrain ford makes),,,,Im a chevy guy, but thier quality lately sucks

Just bought the wife a grand cherokee with the tried and true 4.0 inline 6 (old truck motor),,,mom's has 190,000 on hers

Prime would be Kickarse in f350 clothing though

Yes. Let's conveniently forget about GM's penchant for making engines that catch fire.

Oh, I haven't forgotten about that. I'm no fan of Chevy, either. I'll only drive Japanese cars.

In any case, yeah, farmers, contractors, and rachers may want practical vehicles... but that's why they don't drive Optimus. ;) Optimus is cool... big rig cool. So, I guess it'd be hard to make an alternator out of him.

Back to transformers please.

What did you guys think of Ironhide being a Scion xB?

Ehhh I am warming up to it. Its definatley more contemperary.

I guess the problem with the Alternator/Binaltech line is that they want to license cars that are "trendy." I personally think that the "Xtra Boxy" is ugly, even as a vehicle, and certainly not Ironhide. But I don't really see them making a Honda Odyssey or something similarly van-ish.