Yamato Re-release of 1/48's?

Mad Dawg

Where did you guys hear that they will be re-releasing the Hikaru VF-1A and Roy VF-1S with the fixes from the Max VF-1A (and presumably the Roy re-release with be without crooked skulls, unsightly zit and head seam)? I haven't seen that anywhere until I started seeing it on here this morning. If it's true, I don't know if that makes me happy or extremely upset. I mean, having them both with the fixes is great and I would definitely jump at the opportunity. But at the same time, now I am stuck with two Valks no one else will want because there will be better variants available. On a cheaper toy I could care less, but these things go for over $100 a pop, $125 here in the States. If they do re-release them with fixes, they should have a parts exchange program or something. Fat chance of that, I know.

I know this post should be somewhere else, but I think what better place :D !

For those of you who want to part with their 1/48 Roy version1 and want to get Roy version2, I will gladly take version1 out of your possession. I could care less for the radar nose, crooked skulls. PM me. Thanks! :)

Guys. . . let's get everything straight here.

The only two sources for the "re-release" or "2nd production run" information are these:

The Yamato Newsletter Thread

and

This thread over at Twin Moons Anime

Judging from these two threads, the only thing I would say for sure is that the Roy 1S will be released again.

The rest is conjecture and guesswork. Though I think it unlikely that the Roy 1S will be released without the improvements of the latter ones, we don't know for sure that it will be improved.

We also don't know for certain that the Hikaru 1A will be released again.

So, can we stop asserting guesses and rumors as though they are concrete facts? Pretty please?

Thanks!

Kevin,

So, have you heard official word from Yamato that the Hikaru 1A will also be re-released? If so, I guess that would be a second independent source and we can call the 1A Hikaru re-release confirmed.

However, I'd like to hear some confirmation that these will use the newer parts so that they will be equal in quality to the Max and Low-Vis. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be. . . but it would be nice to have full confirmation.

Kevin? Graham? I know you're under no obligation. . . but if you have heard about either, please let us know because it really does influence our buying decisions. I'll hold off on my 2nd "mint/boxed" Hikaru 1A if an improved version is on the way.

Thanks!

H

Yes, it's confirmed that the Hikaru VF-1A and Roy VF-1S are being reissued in late October along with the new release of the VF-1S Hikaru.

I'm 99.99% sure the reissues will have the updated nose cones, radars and flaps as the molds for these parts have been modified, it doesn't make sense to change them back again.

Graham

Yes, it's confirmed that the Hikaru VF-1A and Roy VF-1S are being reissued in late October along with the new release of the VF-1S Hikaru.

I'm 99.99% sure the reissues will have the updated nose cones, radars and flaps as the molds for these parts have been modified, it doesn't make sense to change them back again.

Graham

I have a question???? :rolleyes:

With the re-release of the first two 1/48's, will there be new box designs??

In other words would the box say that it is a re-release with the new improvements???

I want to make sure I get the one with the improvements and not the previous one. Anyone could easily switch the improved VF-1S with the QC-plagued one in it's box. :angry:

This hobby, like most of collecting, is like gambling sometimes:

You either jump in early afraid that certain items may be sold out or you wait for sales, upgrades and improved reissues of toys you want.

Props to Yamato for improving on an already great product. And sorry for those of you that got caught on the excitement by jumping the gun and buying a bunch of 1/48's when better version are coming out.

2nd release???  :blink:  Damn! and I just bought another Roy yesterday.

another reason to check this site for updates. I'm definitely getting another one of these. MAybe make a TV version also, like the other guys suggested.

no biggie really, I'll just customize it into a Max 1S. This isn't the first time this happened. I made a Hikaru 1S just about the same time the 1S came out. A little while later, I read on the forums that Yamato is releasing an official Hikaru 1S. Oh well, just more valks for me :D

another reason to check this site for updates. I'm definitely getting another one of these. MAybe make a TV version also, like the other guys suggested.

Woot! TV Roy! Although I don't know if Yamato would release a variant that on initial inspection, would have little difference from the DYRL Roy. Sure, we appreciate the differences (different cockpit, different hands, VF stickers, a TV pilot)... but I don't know if they'd go for that idea. At least all the molds are done with the VF-1J though. Maybe a super duper special edition.

-Al

I'd rather see them just release a V-1A DYRL? Kakizake to complete my Skull squadron. Still, I might pick up a reissue to customize. Then again, I've been saying that for how long, now? I need to practice on my bootleg 1/55ths first.

I just don't understand myself why I would buy the same valk over and over and over again, even for the same scale. :blink:

Trying to put the fact into my brain that "they are all the SAME SAME!!!!, just a new head or new color" come on!! do not take out my credit card, somebody stop me.. STOP!!!! **PRE-ORDER CONFIRMED*** ahhhhh!!!

Yamato is more like a drug dealer to me now, and I'm addicted... ;)

Please help..

Graham

A wahhh? So I bought the inferior ones? That kinda blows.

We need to do trades ins, I'll wait and see how the reissues are in terms of quality, if the VF-1S turns out to be that much better than I'll jump and buy a new one, sell my old one to a friend for a reduced price. My Hikaru cept for the loose flaps is fine. Hell I may take advantage of this reissue craze and just buy replacement parts for my 1S, a new head, tailfin, and canopy.

Edited by GobotFool

Sorry man. . . it just wasn't clear if you were the guy reading it, or you were just told what it said by somebody. . . or something.

If you're super-well-known as a stand-up guy who reads flawless Japanese, please forgive my ignorance. I didn't know. :)

But, of course, all it would have taken was a quick post saying, "I read fluent Japanese and this is indeed what it says."

:)

H