I got my first Yamato 1/48

ghiblione

:rolleyes: I'm really happy as I got my first Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru as a birthday gift. I just have a 1/60 VF-1D before.

Before I got it I always think that 1/48 should be made with full metal, as 1/60 is made with a part of metal. But it is not, I'm a little disappointed. The 1/60 has a really good hand feeling and is more heavy than the 1/48.

But I still like this 1/48 for his good looking, for his way of transformation, specially his legs.

:rolleyes: I'm really happy as I got my first Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru as a birthday gift. I just have a 1/60 VF-1D before.

Before I got it I always think that 1/48 should be made with full metal, as 1/60 is made with a part of metal. But it is not, I'm a little disappointed. The 1/60 has a really good hand feeling and is more heavy than the 1/48.

But I still like this 1/48 for his good looking, for his way of transformation, specially his legs.

Good for you,

Once you realy get into the 1/48 line, you'll only use you 1/60s to simulate crash landing and to throw around the room to simulate real flight. The 1/48, I'd say, is the ultimate 1/60 killer.

Congrats on your acquisition of the now hard to find Hikaru 1S. A 1/48 made entirely of die-cast? :blink: Imagine all the paint chips, it would look awful after a few transformations, plus the floppy arms. :rolleyes:

:D Really is hard to find Hikaru-1S now? Oh, I'm happy...

Maybe you are right, a full die-cast 1/48 is not a good idea. But why not those legs?

You guys above really enthusiastic, thank you everyone..

Congrats on your first.

but believe me...I was disappointed when I found the lack of diecast as well...until I put the Fast Packs on there. The weight of it all combined...you'll be glad there was no diecast.

word up, you hold a Fp valk for like 5 minutes and your arms actually get tired. :blink:

welcome to macrossworld, may your wallet be forgiving. :)

welcome to Macrossworld and congrats on you first Valk hopefully it will not be your last.

chris :)

Congrats on your first.

but believe me...I was disappointed when I found the lack of diecast as well...until I put the Fast Packs on there. The weight of it all combined...you'll be glad there was no diecast.

Please don't tell me about the fast packs, if not I may force me to order them...

Hey,GHIBLIONE, if you think that 1/48 HIKARU 1S looks good, wait until you see yours with the fastpacks on ;):D !!

Damn, TOONZ, that is one hell of a pic! Just absolutely beautiful :D !

Edited by connor99

Toonz, what has he done with that VF-1S in the pic? He repaint it? How did he do like this? The color is different and looks like be used.

What can I do something for mine?

And where to buy the Fast Packs, will you propose? ;)

Edited by ghiblione

Toonz, what has he done with that VF-1S in the pic? He repaint it? How did he do like this? The color is different and looks like be used.

its called skillz and kurts got a lot of it. B))

he offers customizing services, shoot him a PM if you're interested.

fast packs can be purchased from "soze" or VE(valkyrie-exchange.com).

Edited by haterist

its called skillz and kurts got a lot of it. B))

he offers customizing services, shoot him a PM if you're interested.

fast packs can be purchased from "soze" of VE(valkyrie-exchange.com).

since when did Soze work for Kevin? :huh:

:lol:

Anyway, congrats on your first 1/48... You'll think it's special, but every 1/48 you get is like your first. ;):lol:

:rolleyes:

Wow, my wallet, have you heard what they said, Go! Go! Go!

Yes, the curse of vakaholism...you get a strange sense of euphoria with each new aquisition, sort of like hypoxia; friends and family start to look at you funny and wonder what's wrong with you; and your wallet runs screaming to the hills in a desperate state of panic.

;)

Edited by mechaninac

I also just got my first 1/48th, mine is Focker VF-1S (as seems to be the most prevalent one on the market at the moment). It's a first edition. Are these more valuable from a collector's standpoint or does it not seem to matter? What's the most I should be willing to spend on Fastpacks? I saw a few old websites that have long since soldout used to sell them for $50-$55.

Also, albeit completely unrelated, I'm doing an evolution of the valk (kinda like from monkey to man) with the toys and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are differences between the Takatoku 1/55s and the Bandai re-releases?

Also, albeit completely unrelated, I'm doing an evolution of the valk (kinda like from monkey to man) with the toys and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are differences between the Takatoku 1/55s and the Bandai re-releases?

While they both use the same mold (for the most part), there are several differences between the original Takatoku 1/55 Valkyries and the reissue Bandai 1/55 Valkyries.

The most obvious difference is apperance; most of the details (stickers for the original) are now tampo printed on. The quality of the tampo printed details is amazing in that you can actually read the little warning messages and stuff and they are much more durable to handling. There are also some slight paint variations between the two. For example, the reissue has both sides of the tail wing painted while the original only has the outer side.

All the reissues' wings use the 1990 Bandai mold were the painted line area are actually depressed slightly so that the paint doesn't get scratched when you move them. Save for the Hikaru VF-1J, the reissues all have removable canopies and come with interchangeable heat shields. Also, the reissue canapies are much lighter in color than the originals. The molded parts seem to have a much better fit than the originals as well and locks more securely in battroid mode. The nose cones on the reissues have been glued together for some reason. Bandai included a small spring in the tail pack assembly to help keep it folded up/down better.

The DYRL VF-1A use really bright white plastic compared to the original and the Super VF-1S uses an almost cream white color plastic. Certain parts are colored differently, i.e., the elbow joints on the reissues (Max/Millia VF-1J and CF VF-1A) are grey where the originals have them molded in color. The wings of the CF VF-1A are painted to match the color, while the original had the wings molded in color.

Edited by Sephiroth

So what you're telling me is I should include the Bandai re-release. I'm trying to keep these all similar, if not exact, in scale. So as it goes right now it would be:

Takatoku > Joons > Bandai > Yamato (1/60) > Toynami > Yamato (1/48)

Does it sound like I'm missing anything? I realize the Joons are knock-offs but I think it's a pretty solid inclusion and wouldn't want to include any of the other various knock-offs.

Thanks for the input, that was very helpful information. I don't suppose you have a Bandai re-release Millia you want to practically give away? :)