YF-19

EXO

Carl? You there? :lol:  :p

I'm bidding on it. Hope all you guys will be good enough not to bid against me.....please (get's down on knees and begs).

Graham

Yes, I'm hoping Graham gets this one. Graham, what Yahoo Japan ID will your bid be under. I'll certainly be watching.

Carl

Carl? You there? :lol:  :p

I'm bidding on it. Hope all you guys will be good enough not to bid against me.....please (get's down on knees and begs).

Graham

Yes, I'm hoping Graham gets this one. Graham, what Yahoo Japan ID will your bid be under. I'll certainly be watching.

Carl

Rob's friend will be helping me to bid. I'm waiting for Rob to tell me the user id.

Graham

That's a BAD question. Trust me.

Carl

why? this is one of those super limited items that as far as i am concerned is sold out and gone we will never see again, we had no problem with recasting the 1/48 YF-19 or even the Konig Monster, i see this as no different, unless they are going to mass produce it, and it is going to become official. other than that it is something we will never see again and most macross fans will never be able to get and with Yamatos lack of intrest in a nice YF-19 this may be the last chance we will ever have for a nice YF-19. sorry if i am wrong or I and am missing something.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Carl

why? this is one of those super limited items that as far as i am concerned is sold out and gone we will never see again, we had no problem with recasting the 1/48 YF-19 or even the Konig Monster, i see this as no different, unless they are going to mass produce it, and it is going to become official. other than that it is something we will never see again and most macross fans will never be able to get and with Yamatos lack of intrest in a nice YF-19 this may be the last chance we will ever have for a nice YF-19. sorry if i am wrong or I and am missing something.

chris

I've already got myself in trouble asking that question about something else.

The big difference is that most of the recasts that have taken place in MW were either out of business or were not going to make any Macross items anymore. If we were to recast the Liquid Stone YF-19 and they find out (doesnt matter how) then ta-dah, no more Macross items for us anymore from Liquid Stone. No one wants to be making items for a fan group that likes to technically "bootleg" their items for the masses.

So since Liquid Stone and a few other smaller groups seem to be the only people thats still on our side, lets not try to make them mad. ;)

So lets leave it at that. I want one as much as the next guy but if we want one, you gotta be willing to dish out the high price that goes along with it. :(

Edited by AlphaHX

which sucks, this is one of the main reason macross fans i think are unhappy, if you want anything nice for this series you have to spend a fortune on it or it is so low in numbers it is impossible to obtain, i really wish the macross license would fall into someones hand who knows how to really use it. this is why my collection is so small, one of my favorite series and i can get nothing for it.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

which sucks, this is one of the main reason macross fans i think are unhappy, if you want anything nice for this series you have to spend a fortune on it or it is so low in numbers it is impossible to obtain, i really wish the macross license would fall into someones hand who knows how to really use it. this is why my collection is so small, one of my favorite series and i can nothing for it.

chris

I agree, it does suck but there isnt anything that we can do without breaking some laws and some morals.

But thats how it is for most things tho. If you want quality, you gotta pay for it.

Carl

why?

AlphaHX has already answered this pretty well. I'll add my 2 cents. Liquid Stone, which used to be I.H.P by the way, is one of a very few, if not the only, current kit maker that is making variable Macross kits. This VF-19 is actually I think their 3rd version of the VF-19. They keep getting better and better. A while ago I offered my I.H.P VF-4 up to be recasted as I thought I.H.P had gone out of business. I was wrong and believe me Liquid Stone/I.H.P is certainly aware of MacrossWorld. It turns out they weren't very happy. They had been planning on redoing their VF-4 kit and those plans were cancelled because of my actions. Believe me I'm NOT happy these kits are so hard to get. Liquid Stone isn't either. Thats partly why they now work for Yamato. They just love making these variable kits. I was told they put about $600 worth of time and materials into each of these 10 YF-19 kits they were able to sell at WonderFest yet they sold each at $300. Trust me he's not making any money doing what he's doing and he wishes he could sell them on a much bigger scale but he's doing ALL he's allowed to do. Till those laws change I think we sould support all those willing to make these kits and try to respect their wishes. If down the road Liquid Stone moves on to other things or closes shop and Graham wins this auction atleast we will know where one is. But's lets hold off on the recasting question till then. Trust me I feel bad about the lost of what I'm sure would have been a great VF-4. Look at it this way, as long as LS is making kits like this you'll have cool pictures to look at even if it is next to impossible to get one and that sure beats nothing in my book. Oh and let me add the road to recasting the the Konig Monster wasn't without problems either.

Carl

thanks for all the info guys in no way was i trying to request something illegal or that would damage someones ability to do there job creating new macross stuff. I am certainly hoping Yamato or someone looks at this and says "hey we did not realize there is a big market for things like this! that gives me a idea!" but after years of empty promises of a nice new YF-19 (or anything new large scale on the Macross front) it seems like we are out of luck.

I was trudging through millions and millions of WF2005 pics. Got a hard on at some....drooling a few....and this one made me jump around and passed out. :p

I believe its a LS figure moulded to its basic colors.

Can you share the sites your going through?

Good question, I would like to know as well. ;)

SooOOoo... whos gonna bid on this YF-19?

Carl? You there? :lol::p

Graham

Graham, don't worry I won't, it is already $300 US and this is preshipping too. I'd be worried about snipers in JP instead. Just my two cents and good luck! ;)

What are the legal factors involved in recasting something? Is it not even allowed? Maybe something like fansubs....they know its there but they permit it to an extent?

And though this probably doesn't apply to LS since they are working for Yamato, but what if some person makes a macross mech kit and sells it, like example that awesome variable YF-21 ..forgot the name of that company. Do they have licenses?

What are the legal factors involved in recasting something? Is it not even allowed? Maybe something like fansubs....they know its there but they permit it to an extent?

And though this probably doesn't apply to LS since they are working for Yamato, but what if some person makes a macross mech kit and sells it, like example that awesome variable YF-21 ..forgot the name of that company. Do they have licenses?

Last time I checked, I dont think theyre even allowed... unless the recaster have some or of licensing from the company.

Variable YF-21? Are you thinking of the D'stance model?... the one that Carl is trying to get hold of? I'm sure they had a license to sell those.

All models and toys need a licence. If I decide to make a model valkyrie and wanted to make a few and sell them, I would need a license from Big West to okay it.

unrelated ... but i thought i shouldn't start a new topic, seeing as there's one called "YF-19" right here (convenient).

do you guys think USD$150 is too much to fork over for a YF-19 (Second Ed.), particularly in light of the possibility of the imminent release of this LS kit?

damn damn damn. i should've been more patient.

Well personally w/o inspecting the LS version I couldn't say that is superior to the 1/72 versions. But 150 seems high to me, based on my own research on evilbay... ask EXO or Godzilla. IMO Graham would know better, assuming he wins he'll have both to share pics and reviews on.

Good luck bidding Graham! :)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

arg. i knew it. my worst fears confirmed.

i snapped the "buy it now" at USD$150 because ...

1. there's another auction now for the 1st ed., and it's already at $102 with 5 days to go. so i thought, hmm, the price seems about right.

2. the seller was a 100% FB ebayer.

3. the seller was based in NJ, which meant instant gratification for me (I'm based in NY).

4. shipping was cheap, at 8 bucks. well, relatively cheap, compared to what some people charge.

5. yamato doesn't appear to be releasing the YF-19 FP *ever*. (old news)

6. I AM A STUPID INSANE POS IF I'D WAITED FOR MY HONG KONG TRIP THIS SUMMER I PROBABLY COULD'VE GOTTEN IT FOR MUCH CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!

7. Repeat above, except replace "Hong Kong Trip" with "return to Singapore, my hometown".

Interesting that for USD$150, I also got the following lot of TF alternators:

- Ravage

- Meister

- Grimlock

- Swindle

- Windcharger

Is a YF-19 ... worth all that?!?!?

OK I've rambled enough, I'm going to kill myself now.

7. Repeat above, except replace "Hong Kong Trip" with "return to Singapore, my hometown".

Interesting that for USD$150, I also got the following lot of TF alternators:

- Ravage

- Meister

- Grimlock

- Swindle

- Windcharger

Is a YF-19 ... worth all that?!?!?

OK I've rambled enough, I'm going to kill myself now.

I was at singapore 3 weeks back. A YF-19 white was about 200-300 sing and blue YF-19 was at about 180-ish.

Pretty expensive...not much diff. <_<

Edited by wolfx

hey hey now... don't be so hard on yourself man! Stuff like this happens to the best of us. Perhaps someone will trade with you? Or worse, if you really are willing to do this and I know how difficult it is for seller dealing with deadbeats (so bear with me), do not pay. Explain to the seller as best you can your honest mistake and perhaps they will be willing to give you a neutral instead of a negative and you of course give them a positive rating. It happens, I should know it happened to me once. In the end, even if they won't agree, you get a negative, no biggie. One isn't going to kill your ratings on evilbay. Just my two cents.

6. I AM A STUPID INSANE POS IF I'D WAITED FOR MY HONG KONG TRIP THIS SUMMER I PROBABLY COULD'VE GOTTEN IT FOR MUCH CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!

Doubtful you would find it cheaper here in HK. 1st or 2nd edition Yamato YF-19 toys are pretty hard to find now and sell here for about HK$1,900 (US$243).

Graham

Wolfx - where did you see the YF-19s? Rapid Culture? the blue ones for SGD$180, that's a very good price.

Maximus - lol interesting solution. i paid up before i came on here to rant though. :)

Graham - along tai yuen street? i'm going to be needing a list of toy shops in HK ... will be spending 2 weeks there hunting down toys. it's actually a honeymoon of sorts but my girlfriend isn't aware of the hidden agenda. *cackle*

unrelated ... but i thought i shouldn't start a new topic, seeing as there's one called "YF-19" right here (convenient).

do you guys think USD$150 is too much to fork over for a YF-19 (Second Ed.), particularly in light of the possibility of the imminent release of this LS kit?

damn damn damn. i should've been more patient.

You're second-guessing your decision to buy a Yamato 1/72 YF-19 v.2 for $158 shipped? Dude, trust your instincts...you got yourself a great deal! Although it is fragile and certainly could be improved on, Yamato's YF-19 is an excellent representation as a fully transformable ABS plastice/diecast toy. Not to mention that it is also Yamato's first Macross product offering which helps to retain it's value. I personally love the size, sculpt and detail of the YF-19 and it remains as one my most prized possessions.

As for the LS version, I love the accuracy and slim lines; however, the chances of me ever owning one are probably slim to none. Also, 1/100 scale and made of resin just doesn't do it for me. Given the choice to have the Yamato YF-19 on my shelf or pictures of the LS on my computer; I'll take the Yamato.

Here's some gratutious Yamato YF-19 love:

1110121180557_Yamato_YF_19.jpg

1109128362330_YF_19_BW.jpg

Edited by Sephiroth

Wow... I feel alot better getting a v2 YF-19 with a couple minor paint chips for 110.... those prices are even higher than I thought the median was.....

I would get it... I love my YF-19, especially since mine seems to be one of the only ones that has the leg fins folding the right way... almost every picture I see has them going onto the sides of the legs, when they are supposed to fold the otehr way onto the back of the legs... like there was an assembly issue of sorts.

And Seph....where are those 1/72 people from?

Oh well, I lost the auction for the Liquid Stone YF-19, which ended last night at US$940!!!!!!! Slightly more than I was willing to pay, even if this is my new Holy Grail. Actually, let me modify my statement, it's slight more than I can afford to pay. I'd certainly be willing to pay that much if I could afford to :D .

However, all is not lost as a second Liquid Stone YF-19 has turned up on Yahoo Japan Auctions, so I am bidding on this one now.

While I'm glad another one is up for auction as it gives me a second chance to acquire it, it sort of pisses me of that not all the people at Wonder Fest who enterered the lottery to buy the Liquid Stone YF-19 were buying it because they are Macross fans, but rather just so they can sell it online to make a tidy profit from fans who are desperate to own one. Oh well, that's life I guess.

Graham

Heh, wondering if I should sell off some Low Vis or something, so I can raise more money for the auction :D .

At 30,000yen, I could still justify playing with and transforming the LS YF-19. If I end up paying 100,000yen, I think I'd be too scared to do any more than just display it for fear of breaking something so expensive.

Graham

Heh, wondering if I should sell off some Low Vis or something, so I can raise more money for the auction :D .

At 30,000yen, I could still justify playing with and transforming the LS YF-19. If I end up paying 100,000yen, I think I'd be too scared to do any more than just display it for fear of breaking something so expensive.

Graham

*cough* send it to somebody that can copy it *cough* we will all donate 5 bucks ;)

Ya know, I hope somebody at Yamato is paying attention to this thread and these auctions.

If even a 1/100 scale YF-19 garage kit where the gunpod cannot attach in fighter mode and the hands have to be removed can till sell for nearly US$1,000, I think that's a pretty good indication that the market is ripe for a nicely sculpted YF-19 toy.

Graham

Wow... I feel alot better getting a v2 YF-19 with a couple minor paint chips for 110.... those prices are even higher than I thought the median was.....

I would get it... I love my YF-19, especially since mine seems to be one of the only ones that has the leg fins folding the right way... almost every picture I see has them going onto the sides of the legs, when they are supposed to fold the otehr way onto the back of the legs... like there was an assembly issue of sorts.

And Seph....where are those 1/72 people from?

Only versions 1 and 1.5 have the the leg fins that fold on the outside (although not line accurate, I prefer it over folding them them the other way).

The 1/72 scale aircrew are from Hasegawa; they also make 1/48 scale aircrew.

If Liquid Stone works for Yamato, wouldn't we most likely to see a YF-19 w/FAST Packs in the future? Like the Konig Monster when LS was IHP, they sold the design to Yamato to make didn't they? Couldn't you possibly see this happening to the 1/100 LS design? And if they did, wouldn't they easily be able to scale the model up to 1/72?