Best anime openings and endings this season...

Raptor

What do you guys think are the best openings and endings or any new anime this season (or any new endings from previous anime)?

I think the best ending and opening songs both go Fantastic Children. I've been watching it every week on TV, and I'm still confused as hell... actually it's on in about an hour I think...

I basically watch it because it comes on before Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, which is my favorite anime this season.

It also has a nice opening... eheheh...

My favorite ending is the fanjet end in SDF-Macross. My second favorite is the Minmay album ending in SDF-Macross.

I don't think I have a favorite opening, maybe Golgo13: The Professional.

I'm WAY behind on my Anime viewings, but I can say at least Gundam SEED Destiny's 1st OP and ED are pretty sweet.

have to wait for the new Ah! My Goddess TV and Girls Bravo 2 next year.

I want to see the Goddess TV show too... The movie actually takes place after the manga "ends" (although it hasn't yet), right?

And the TV takes off from where the OVA left off, I think... Which makes me want to see it.

1: Steel Angel Kurumi series 1 and 2 and Galaxy Angel -tied for first-

2: Inuyasha... all 3 seasons so far.

3: Teen Titans

-Though technically not anime in a sense...-

4: the Puffyamiyumi show

-Though technically not anime in a sense...-

5: bsu legato avatar - Full Metal Alchemist

6: Dual (i watched the edited version on techtv... aka pre-G$Techtv)

Edited by Dangaioh

Is there a website where I can find out all the names of the latest anime?

you should try www.bestanime.com

Thanks for the link akt_m and yes I tried Google, but there's too many sites that don't cover the new stuff only a couple of the titles here and there. I need it to be all on one site :p

I found this:

http://www.jascii.net/newanime/season.php

which is exactly what I'm looking for, some pics and a little discription of the new shows.

Doh, how could I forget Dogfight? It's my favorite Initial D song, which says a LOT seeing as how I have about 150 of them, listen to them constantly, and like them all.

Initial D is my favorite anime :D

(I want to buy an FC3S Turbo when I get back to the states... Although I wouldn't mind a Hachiroku, Sileighty, or Kouki S14...)

McBride, you are now my official rival. I can not have someone who was born exactly 366 days after me already running touge in a nice car.

(Where do you drive anyway?)

Edited by Raptor

I run a couple of roads in the Angeles Crest and San Bernadino forests, not far outside of LA. Well, ran, haven't been up for a while, as the roads were closed for fire season,a dn my car's been busted since they reopened. It'll be awesome very soon, though, with the new brakes and suspension stuff that's currently going on. Now I just need some body mods, as I killed my bumper.....

However, I'm retiring from touge soon. When it all comes down to it, it's really just a glorified form of street racing. Not saying I'll stop going up there, but I'm moving my competitive focus to road racing and Autocross.

As for the cars you mentioned, I'd defenitely go for the FC. Even a mediocre Corolla GT-S will go for several thousand these days, and the S13s and 14s are getting overpriced as well. The FC, on the other hand, hasn't gained the popularity that the 240s and the AE86 have, so the prices are still fair.

Edited by Commander McBride

However, I'm retiring from touge soon. When it all comes down to it, it's really just a glorified form of street racing. Not saying I'll stop going up there, but I'm moving my competitive focus to road racing and Autocross.

Well, naturally. It's racing (even if you're not competing), on a street. Hence street racing. It's still cooler (although probably even more dangerous) than street drag-racing, since it takes real driving techniques.

I wouldn't pay more than $3000 for an AE86 though... I'm hoping to find a Turbo II for $5000 or less.

I'm also interested in SOLO I (Hillclimb!!!) and SOLO II. The FC would be convenient for that since there's no back seat that I'd have to sacrifice for a roll bar. Not to mention the good upgrade potential that a stock turbo car gives you.

I'm still wondering about rotary reliability though...

Well, naturally. It's racing (even if you're not competing), on a street. Hence street racing. It's still cooler (although probably even more dangerous) than street drag-racing, since it takes real driving techniques.

I wouldn't pay more than $3000 for an AE86 though... I'm hoping to find a Turbo II for $5000 or less.

I'm also interested in SOLO I (Hillclimb!!!) and SOLO II. The FC would be convenient for that since there's no back seat that I'd have to sacrifice for a roll bar. Not to mention the good upgrade potential that a stock turbo car gives you.

I'm still wondering about rotary reliability though...

Reliability really isn't an issue. Treat the car right and it'll run forever. Just gotta make sure the rotary runs well when you get the car.

Japan Releases

Best Anime OP: Panda-Z: The Robonimation - "Voyager" by JAM Project

Best Anime ED: Initial D: Fourth Stage - "Blast My Desire" by move

Domestic Releases

Best Anime OP:

1. Figure 17 - "Boy" by The Alfee

2. Azumanga Daioh - "Soramimi Cake" by Oranges & Lemons

3. Heat Guy J - "Face" by Try Force

4. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - "Invoke" by TM Revolution

5. R.O.D -The TV - "R.O.D" by YKZ

Best Anime ED:

1. RahXephon: Pluralitas Concentio - "Tune the Rainbow" by Maaya Sakamoto

2. Figure 17 - "Fairy Dance" by The Alfee

3. Submarine 707R - "First Star of Evening" by Sora Izumikawa

4. Heat Guy J - "Hikari" by Saeko Chiba

5. Azumanga Daioh - "Raspberry Heaven" by Oranges & Lemons

No one's mentioned the Ending to Gankutsuo/Count of Monte Cristo! "You won't see me coming - when I strike!"

That one's pretty good. The ending to Pretty Cure is fun. The openings to both Bleach and Gantz are decent. Panda Z has to be my favorite of the most recent batch of shows. In fact, the whole soundtrack is awesome.

Reliability really isn't an issue. Treat the car right and it'll run forever. Just gotta make sure the rotary runs well when you get the car.

Yeah, but it's still confusing. Owners say they're reliable, but if you overheat them, there is a large chance you will need to rebuild. But that can be partially helped with upgraded cooling equipment (new intecooler, bigger radiator, heat wrap, radiator plate, front lip...etc...). The oil metering pump tends to go out, and it costs a lot of money to fix, although you can remove it and just add premix when you fill up, but that's still annoying.

Some people think 7's are POS's all together (and they'd be right if they were referring to Mazda's electrical wiring, so I've heard), even people who have been in the car business for years...

My dad has a friend looking for one in auctions, but he hasn't seen one for years and thinks they're POSes (he owned a Toyota dealer for decades). He laughed when my dad asked him to look for one.

Supposedly most mechanics won't work on them either, although I've heard they're easy to work on (from the owners).

Bah, I won't be able to get one for 7 more months anyway... doh.

(wish I could just buy a Japanese one and put US bumpers and doors onto it to make it legal, but I doubt it would be that simple...)

Edit: I meant to add this earlier, but I forgot. Rotary engine's other big enemy besides heat is detonation... a really bad detonation can sometimes kill the apex seals, which means it's rebuild time.

Edited by Raptor

• 11 months later...

The first two intro songs for BLEACH sound very nice. :lol:

Check out my sig to listen. :D

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - "Invoke" by TM Revolution

Hey Areaseven, is this the one from episode 40 to 50 of that series? :unsure:

Edited by grss1982

Not really this season, but Gao Gai Gar Final and Grand Glorious Gathering are both appearing fansubbed on the net for the first time. They both have the same ending and similar openers, but the edge definitely goes to the Grand Glorious Gathering opener.

I've always loved the GGG opening sequences.

Simple :

Openings :

1.-Bleach 1st Op

2.-Eureka Seven 1st and 2nd Op

3.-Basilisk op

4.- Karas op

4.-Aquarion 2nd Op

Endings:

1.-Eureka Seven 2nd ending

2.- Aquarion 1st Ending

347911[/snapback]

Hey Aegis!,

Which of the two actually is the first Bleach OP: DTechnolife or Houki Boshi? :unsure: