HalfLife 2

GobotFool

Not me. I don't play the digital rights management game.

Games I intend to play offline by myself should not require me to register it and download Steam before I can play a videogame I bought at a store in a nice pretty box.

DRM is evil and buy purchasing Half Life 2 you are telling the world you like being forced to register a videogame in order to play it, and will have to do so again if you ever play it on another PC later on. Basically Valve is trying to ruin videogaming as we know it while informing you how you actually don't own the product you just dropped 50 dollars on.

Not me. I don't play the digital rights management game.

Games I intend to play offline by myself should not require me to register it and download Steam before I can play a videogame I bought at a store in a nice pretty box.

DRM is evil and buy purchasing Half Life 2 you are telling the world you like being forced to register a videogame in order to play it, and will have to do so again if you ever play it on another PC later on. Basically Valve is trying to ruin videogaming as we know it while informing you how you actually don't own the product you just dropped 50 dollars on.

So I'm guessing you're not running Windows XP either.

Vostok 7

Not me.  I don't play the digital rights management game.

I also guess that you never played HL1 online.

You DO need a key that isn't in use to play. This is the next logical step. Hell there's someone out there running around with 2 of my HL keys that I bought... I'd rather just tie it to my steam account. What's the problem with registration of a dang videogame? It doesn't take that long at all and you can still play the game offline by yourself.

Oh, and yes... mine is sitting on my HD... waiting for Tuesday...

I pre-ordered the special edition DVD one and got the free shipping so it will be a week or so before I get it... meh... what is three or four more days going to be when I have already waited, what, a year for this thing to show? While I am a bit excited to finally play it there is still a large part of me saying "About F**king time, guys."

Ah, I dunno. Ridicule me for the console gamer I am if you must, but I'm going to hold out and see if Microsoft ports it to Xbox like they did with Counterstrike, just like I'm waiting for the Xbox version of Doom. I mean, I don't mind a PC game here and there, but I prefer stuff like Neverwinter Nights on PC. I'm a console gamer first and foremost.

Edited by mikeszekely

Ah, I dunno. Ridicule me for the console game I am if you must, but I'm going to hold out and see if Microsoft ports it to Xbox like they did with Counterstrike, just like I'm waiting for the Xbox version of Doom. I mean, I don't mind a PC game here and there, but I prefer stuff like Neverwinter Nights on PC. I'm a console gamer first and foremost.

Ridiculed!

Ah, I dunno. Ridicule me for the console game I am if you must, but I'm going to hold out and see if Microsoft ports it to Xbox like they did with Counterstrike, just like I'm waiting for the Xbox version of Doom. I mean, I don't mind a PC game here and there, but I prefer stuff like Neverwinter Nights on PC. I'm a console gamer first and foremost.

not for FPS... halo is kinda a different story, since it's obvious the AI has been tweeked for console play... but FPS on a PC and on a console, it's just two different worlds.

Ah, I dunno.  Ridicule me for the console game I am if you must, but I'm going to hold out and see if Microsoft ports it to Xbox like they did with Counterstrike, just like I'm waiting for the Xbox version of Doom.  I mean, I don't mind a PC game here and there, but I prefer stuff like Neverwinter Nights on PC.  I'm a console gamer first and foremost.

not for FPS... halo is kinda a different story, since it's obvious the AI has been tweeked for console play... but FPS on a PC and on a console, it's just two different worlds.

I agree, it is too different worlds. But see, just as PC gamers find gamepads to be worthless for shooters, a mouse and keyboard are basically foreign objects to me outside of websurfing. Nothing but an gamepad will feel right to me.

Valve has already talked about how they want to port HL2 over to the XBOX, I don't know if it's for sure, but I read it on the Gamespot "Final Hours of HL2" Friday so I figure its a sure thing for those 'keyboard challenged' out there. :p

Edited by Shmitty

Soon as I get some time, I'll download it from Steam, and then it's on baby! I haven't gnashed my teeth on a good FPS for a long time.

I'm still waiting for my copy to ship... gotta love that "free" shipping! <_<

Yeah, and I'm still waiting for the Xbox version. Well, at least I have Fable, Megaman X8, and Knights of the Old Republic II to keep me busy until 2005...