The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

i hope you have some more batteries, if not you should get a Ac Adaptor that is what i have very useful for indoors and save a bundle on batteries.

toonz,

Always wondered... are you that chick posing as your avatar cause if so, I may start hitting on you.

Gawd, you're hawt !!!

gaahhh...

:p

What is this, 2002 again?

Toonz is going to say that the avatar is him/her and then next thing you know someone is going to say it's really a JAV star and a huge riot is going to start up.

:lol:

Vostok 7

It looks like it gave birth to the alpha.

Duh !

If it was the case, there would be some kind of placenta on the table somewhere.

Come on man, go watch TLC or somethin...

No, I just decided that I really like the placenta more and cleaned it up instead. :o

Duh !

If it was the case, there would be some kind of placenta on the table somewhere.

Come on man, go watch TLC or somethin...

No, I just decided that I really like the placenta more and cleaned it up instead. :o

Boy...

You must be a the most popular kid on the block (at least with cats), playing around with a placenta...Eeeeew !

Just remember to put it in the freezer once in a while otherwise a strange "unfresh" scent may be trailing you around. Anywho, great pics. How hard do you find transforming this toy is cause I see yours is doing the split like mine ?

A translated instruction manual woud REALLY be welcome.

Edited by Montarvillois

really it looks like it was light enough for the panel lines to be seen, maybe it is just the pictures that were taken

Edited by zeo-mare

waiting for mine!

toonz,

Always wondered... are you that chick posing as your avatar cause if so, I may start hitting on you.

Gawd, you're hawt !!!

gaahhh...

:p

:o

i'm no woman, i'm a man :p:D:lol:

It's a MANNN, baby! (Austin Powers reference)

Dammit! I misread the calendar and thought TODAY was teh 10th! stupid me.....ive gotta wait until MONDAY!! GAH! :(:(:(:(:(

And here I thought Joel had sent to you before me. Now I'm much happier knowing yours will also arrive on Monday. Bwah-ha-ha

I'm still months away from mine but I'm thinking in customize it with decals like Montarvillois did with he's. By the way, where can I get some custom decals for 1/48 Valks? Is there a online catalog someplace? Guys?

TwinMoons Anime or Valkyrie Exchange. Take your pick. Easiest to order from them, or you can PM Takatoys or Anasazi.

More like the Alpha giving the monster a rimmin.... :lol::lol::lol:

The Alpha never impressed me. I always thought it licked my ass!

But I've got to admit, after seeing all the pics, I think I'll have to break down and buy a Monster. It just looks too damn cool to not have.

I just paid for mine at VE and I am considering adding another to my order.

What do you valkoholics think?

With nothing in the pipeline from Yamato I am considering getting at least 2 more but for sure 1 more. I am really impressed with this release.Honestly one of my favorites to date.

Edited by Rune

if you guys are going to start customizing please post pics i definetly want to see them :)

Alot of the parts that I can see onc it was taken apart show signs of hidden stress marks. ie..the pegs where the screws mount into were already showing them before or I noticed once some of the armor got taken off. As to imply that the manufacturing personell overtightened the screws. Your right Mechatek alot of parts that could have very easily been diecast are not.

10 Dollars to the first person to put up a pic of their Monster with the eye stickers on it! :lol:

This has got to be the most impressive thread ever.

This is an unilateral offer~ Once the requested performance is complete, you cannot revoke your offer...=D

I want a Monster but I also want the TF Masterpiece Prime or the Ultra Magnus... can anyone who has both tell me which toy is better? $$ is tight, I can only buy either one... =(

Well matey....I was trying to be subtley specific about which 'Monster" I wanted pictures of ;)

My VB-6 is comming today, so I can throw up some thoughts comparing it to MPC Prime this afternoon if you like....after Im done fondling every inch of my VB-6 :wub:

These monsters were selling for under 10,000 yen at Superfest according to Matt Alt over on ToyboxDX. That's like half price. If I had already paid full retail for one I'd feel raped right now. These may be available at heavy discount soon if that is any indication.

These monsters were selling for under 10,000 yen at Superfest according to Matt Alt over on ToyboxDX. That's like half price. If I had already paid full retail for one I'd feel raped right now. These may be available at heavy discount soon if that is any indication.

damn it again! :(

and i thought graham picking it up for $100 was a good deal. :huh:

Yup. That's what I'm waiting for. Since I never cared for anymode but Gerwalk, that's more inline with the price I'd be willing to pay. B))B))

You know guys....I was wondering.  Can teh Gerwalk mode of the VB-6 fly like the Gerwalk of a Valkyrie?  That's be pretty scary.... :huh:

While I can't scientificaly (yeah like macross is a science anyways..) confirm my comment, I don't think this thing is made to fly in "gerwalk" mode. It has no real supporting aerodynamic surfaces or wings in gerwalk. The leg trusters don't look like they'd be able to lift the thing once it is landed.

I think this thing is more like the space shuttle. It would be able to establish atmospheric reentry and them glide to the artillery position where it is required but no take off afterward I think.

I have bouht a little 1/100 scale corgi M1a Abrams diecast tank to put besides my monster and I can say that when you really see and understand how big this thing is, you can be certain the monster has about the same aerodynamic caracteristics as the fat lady living accross the street...

Edited by Montarvillois

Mine is coming anyday now. I bought it from a friend in the military over in Japan now. $100.00!!! I hope this toy is good. Reviews are so mixed here, it's crazy. If I don't like it, I can always go back to my paper monster. :D

I read at the Macross compendium that it can hover on ground while in gerwalk and I assume it can manuever in gerwalk in space. In order for the rail guns to operate it must be in gerwalk mode at all times which doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah hovering would be beleivable but not too long and not too high, just like 6.3" so I can play the "pass under the monster's foot before it lands" game without bending too much.

I just don't know how the trusters in the legs cold support the monster cause they are real short and small. Anyways, it's all anime magic after all.