Kakizaki's resurrection in DYRL

VF-18S Hornet

This has been bugging me since I had Macross DYRL or Clash of the Bionoids since it's the only english version of Macross I got on VHS but if anyone with the DVD of DYRL may want to take a picture of what I am going to discribe.

During the near final scene in the movie where Hikaru and Minmay are floating after the shutter/blastshields were blown away a VF-1A CF super Valkyrie appears outside from the left as they embrace. Now this is what gets me is that this Valkyrie had Kakizaki's colors on it including the Skull Squadron insignia on its right Booster.

I didn't notice it before with my old VCR because of line blocking the picture when it was paused, but with My new DVD/VCR player it was clear as daylight. I found it to quite weird that a CF Valkyrie was sporting green and black stripes before it got blown up. Considering we've never seen Kakizaki Valkyrie in battroid mode in the movie I find it weird that they would show it like that in the quarter end of the movie.

Anyway you all have the DVD of DYRL you will have to see it for yourselves, to know what I'm talking about.

Sayanara :lol:

no.

Kakizaki's DYRL-colors is different from TV-colors.

And the CF you're talking about that was blown up was just regular CF-brown colors, not Kakizaki-TV colors.

Another CF was shown in the assault-scene on Bodolza's ship in DYRL.

I'm not talking about the TV Series, I'm talking about the movie and that CF had Black and green stripes on the chestplate black stripes on the arms and legs if you have the dvd fast forward or select that scene. Remember Kakizaki's Valkin the movie was white with green and black stripes. take a look at the MW toy customs page for a Kakizaki DYRL VF-1A custom for refference.

I didn't notice it before with my old VCR because of line blocking the picture when it was paused, but with My new DVD/VCR player it was clear as daylight.

clear as daylight, eh? someone might want to get a new dvd player. <_<:p

Edited by AlphaHX

nooo... not a DVD/VCR player combo... :o . those SUCK :angry: If you can bring it back to the store and get yourself 1 dvd player and 1 VCR it should cost around the same price.

Why?..

Most of those combo players don't support SVCD and VCD format,

2 in one, means, if 1 breaks the other is useless.

Not good at transfering dvd to VHS,, most can't even do that.

That's the edge of the skull I think, but it doesn't become clear until a split second before the valk blows. The skull is illuminated by the explosion for a short time.

i hope you know what you're talking about. i can take all the screen grabs in the world you kno. ;)

ill have the screen grabs of what youre talking about in a minute. gimme a bit.

after with gamma correction set up i can see the skull or mushroom since its realy small and not detailed.

lets leave it as its kakizaki's little or big sister kamizaki :lol:

Did you mean Kamikaze?

When Kamikaze's around... I'm the one taking the shots... ;)

i dont see jack either. well, i left the pictures in the normal size cuz its hard enuf to see as it already is. ill take it off later after we see this "skull" that everyone can see that i cant. <_<

edit: removed the pictures

Edited by AlphaHX

after with gamma correction set up i can see the skull or mushroom since its realy small and not detailed.

lets leave it as its kakizaki's little or big sister kamizaki  :lol:

Did you mean Kamikaze?

When Kamikaze's around... I'm the one taking the shots... ;)

no kamizaki, i want it to sound like kamikaze but more of sister name of kakizaki

proly bad joke.

edit: spelling

Edited by Zentrandude

I have a pic of one of the cels from that scene saved somewhere... but I can't seem to find it. But that valk is indeed in Kakizaki's Skull Squadron colors.

And for what it's worth, both the colors and the skull on the booster are quite clear in my CAV laserdisc box version of the movie :D

I have a pic of one of the cels from that scene saved somewhere... but I can't seem to find it. But that valk is indeed in Kakizaki's Skull Squadron colors.

And for what it's worth, both the colors and the skull on the booster are quite clear in my CAV laserdisc box version of the movie :D

as soon as you mentioned ur cav, i totally forgot to take screen grabs of the dvd version that i had. i was taking screen grabs off a ripped version that i downloading.

my bad people. i see it now. here ya go.

Another useless problem solved

hahahah... yeah yeah...

what can i say? i needed to know.

and plus, it was a lot less work than most of you ppl think.

it takes no more than a couple of minutes to take the screen grabs since my media player can do it and it takes a couple more minutes to make it brighter, edit it, etc...

useless work... but nevertheless quite effortless.

no.

Kakizaki's DYRL-colors is different from TV-colors.

And the CF you're talking about that was blown up was just regular CF-brown colors, not Kakizaki-TV colors.

Another CF was shown in the assault-scene on Bodolza's ship in DYRL.

I'm not talking about the TV Series, I'm talking about the movie and that CF had Black and green stripes on the chestplate black stripes on the arms and legs if you have the dvd fast forward or select that scene. Remember Kakizaki's Valkin the movie was white with green and black stripes. take a look at the MW toy customs page for a Kakizaki DYRL VF-1A custom for refference.

ahh, i see what you mean.

the skull-logo and the leg-"flap" were indeed green-shaded.

here:

post-2-1098175049_thumb.jpg

I think VF-18S Hornet just wanted AlphaHX to go through a lot of work.  :p

But it was well worth it Heh heh. Thanks AlphaHX. :p

Edited by VF-18S Hornet