'Macross' Nikes

MacPnoy74

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but there's a pair of Nike Dunk SBs that are coming out in a familiar color scheme (check out the tongue tag):

IMG_0444.jpg

Shimzu.jpg

They're not official Macross Dunks (like the Nike/Bandai Gundam Amuro Nike Shox VC2 and Char Air Max Uptempo), but they're definitely 'inspired' =)

I'll be in search for a pair when they come out...

Go Gerwalk mode!

Am I the only one who finds these shoes butt ugly? :unsure:

Being a fan is one thing but wearing those god awful things out in public is another.

The Gundam ones, yes. The Jolly Rodgers one, not really. It's how most basketball shoes look these days. And when you look at the kids wearing basketball shoes these days out in public, their shoes are really the last of their fashion faux pas.

Back in my youth "basketball shoes" (what we called hi-tops) were converse and all single color (usually white) nike style shoes. Today's sports shoes look like someone ate a bunch of crunchberries and puked on your feet. I was under the impression "busy" was out for kids again... all the kids I see are wearing fairly subdued shoes and mocs. I guess it is all about where you are and what the current style is there.

Still, barf. Those shoes would look good on a 7 year old or a clown... that's about it.

I think the dunks look classic and even better with the skull and crossbones.

The Gundams one look good from the top but the bottom looks hideous (I guess that's were the Gundam influence comes in :p)

I usually get my shoes from a friend that work at a sports store, because she gets a good discount, and she thinks that all the shoes that I choose are boring. But I can't stand to look at the gadgety/fruity new ones they've come up with... it's just like Roger Murtaugh puts it.... "I'm too old for this sh!t.."

:p

Nike making skate shoes... wow. And here I thought the video games were the ultimate sellout of skateboarding.  :lol:

you mean you haven't seen these nike skate kicks at all? they started making skate shoes again for 3-4 years or so. most of them were really small production runs and got savaged by kids from japan for $500+ a pair.

oh and theres no such thing as selling out. when nike comes to you and throw hundreds of thousands of dollars, then you can talk about selling out. sorry if i'm taking this personally, but 2 of my really good friends ride for nike and they get bashed for selling out all the time. like they never wore nikes when they were growing up. :rolleyes:

Edited by haterist

Macross Air-Force Ones, cool. What's next Mazinger Iverson's or Gundam Chuck Taylor's.

that would be nice if it were actually air force ones. These are SB dunks. And dang it, I was gonna post this after a bought a pair. Oh well. I plan on trying to get a pair at a local board shop. So I'll let you guys know how it goes. :p:D:lol:

you mean you haven't seen these nike skate kicks at all? they started making skate shoes again for 3-4 years or so. most of them were really small production runs and got savaged by kids from japan for $500+ a pair.

I'm 34. I "skated" back in 1985 in high school. My knowledge of skate stuff begins about 84 and ends about 87.

oh and theres no such thing as selling out.  when nike comes to you and throw hundreds of thousands of dollars, then you can talk about selling out.  sorry if i'm taking this personally, but 2 of my really good friends ride for nike and they get bashed for selling out all the time.  like they never wore nikes when they were growing up.  :rolleyes:

There is such thing as selling out, the problem is people today don't notice it because everyone has sold out. About the only "culture" that exsists that has not been permiated by corporate greed and finegaling has been the Goths and they are on the doorstep of corporate takeover thanks to joints like Hot Topic and the like. Back when I had a board, a Vision shirt and an attitude you had to dig deep and look long and hard for skate stuff. It was a rebel set back then, underground. Ever since the '90s and the coming of the X Games skating has become so corporate that they might as well be on wheeties boxes. No offense but when you pimp product for someone... anyone... you are a sellout. The sad thing is we are all sellouts to some degree.

you mean you haven't seen these nike skate kicks at all?  they started making skate shoes again for 3-4 years or so.    most of them were really small production runs and got savaged by kids from japan for $500+ a pair.

I'm 34. I "skated" back in 1985 in high school. My knowledge of skate stuff begins about 84 and ends about 87.

oh and theres no such thing as selling out.  when nike comes to you and throw hundreds of thousands of dollars, then you can talk about selling out.  sorry if i'm taking this personally, but 2 of my really good friends ride for nike and they get bashed for selling out all the time.  like they never wore nikes when they were growing up.  :rolleyes:

There is such thing as selling out, the problem is people today don't notice it because everyone has sold out. About the only "culture" that exsists that has not been permiated by corporate greed and finegaling has been the Goths and they are on the doorstep of corporate takeover thanks to joints like Hot Topic and the like. Back when I had a board, a Vision shirt and an attitude you had to dig deep and look long and hard for skate stuff. It was a rebel set back then, underground. Ever since the '90s and the coming of the X Games skating has become so corporate that they might as well be on wheeties boxes. No offense but when you pimp product for someone... anyone... you are a sellout. The sad thing is we are all sellouts to some degree.

i'm 29 and i still skateboard. i guess i'm not the badass that i used to be when i was younger but it still doesn't change what skating does for someone. i do it cause i enjoy it and it takes my mind off the everyday BS. gives me some "me" time away from friends, the girl, the family. its a good thing. :)

the reason i said theres no such thing as a sell out is exactly your point, everyone "sells out" at one point or another. nowadays, its impossible to keep it real so to speak. you got no choice, sell out and eat, don't sell out and starve. whats a man to do?

so to a certain degree, i do agree with you but people like to throw the word sellout around and its really not fair. its easy to call someone a sellout when you're not in that persons shoes. people can call me a sell out, but if some gay arse boy band paid me a million to dance around like a fruit cake, i'd do it in a heart beat. sure people can make fun, but i got me a million dollars. B))

for those of you on the left coast, these should be an easy find. if you get them, buy some extras in sizes 9.5, 10 and 10.5 cause in a couple of months, they're gonna be selling for $400-$500 easy. seems silly but i've paid for some of my macross collection selling a few pairs of dunks. B))

for those of you on the left coast, these should be an easy find. if you get them, buy some extras in sizes 9.5, 10 and 10.5 cause in a couple of months, they're gonna be selling for $400-$500 easy. seems silly but i've paid for some of my macross collection selling a few pairs of dunks. B))

Depends on where in the left coast ye be. Apparently I'd have to travel around 500 miles to find a suitable store. Bummer.

you mean you haven't seen these nike skate kicks at all?  they started making skate shoes again for 3-4 years or so.    most of them were really small production runs and got savaged by kids from japan for $500+ a pair.

Just remember dude, skateboarding is not a crime. :lol::lol::lol:

i'm 29 and i still skateboard. i guess i'm not the badass that i used to be when i was younger but it still doesn't change what skating does for someone. i do it cause i enjoy it and it takes my mind off the everyday BS. gives me some "me" time away from friends, the girl, the family. its a good thing. :)

the reason i said theres no such thing as a sell out is exactly your point, everyone "sells out" at one point or another. nowadays, its impossible to keep it real so to speak. you got no choice, sell out and eat, don't sell out and starve. whats a man to do?

so to a certain degree, i do agree with you but people like to throw the word sellout around and its really not fair. its easy to call someone a sellout when you're not in that persons shoes. people can call me a sell out, but if some gay arse boy band paid me a million to dance around like a fruit cake, i'd do it in a heart beat. sure people can make fun, but i got me a million dollars. B))

Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice probably thought the same thing. :p

Nike making skate shoes... wow. And here I thought the video games were the ultimate sellout of skateboarding.  :lol:

oh and theres no such thing as selling out. when nike comes to you and throw hundreds of thousands of dollars, then you can talk about selling out. sorry if i'm taking this personally, but 2 of my really good friends ride for nike and they get bashed for selling out all the time. like they never wore nikes when they were growing up. :rolleyes:

i never wore nikes when I was growing up. I had prowings. I didnt buy nikes, cuz i was spending all my money on Takatoku valks. BTW, I could still ollie higher than anybody on my block with my Gemco ninja skateboard and Prowings. I was one of those kids, you could have the air jordans, but Id still dunk on your ass. Word!

hell yeah, me too. Id dance around like a fruit cake naked. Having a million dollars to act a fool for a little..shoot, in a hearbeat..........beats having a dead end job and fighting L.A. traffic.