VOTOMS pics from Yamato

bandit29

Here some pics from Yamato's page for the 1/12 Scopedog and 1/12 Chirico figure.

Looks good but the price sucks(the figure is 3800 yen and the Scopedog is 17,800) and it looks like the figure will be sold seperately. Why? <_<

I hope this comes out in in the US from Yamato USA

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/goods_list.php?gid=60

That price does seem a bit steep.  Ok, I'm not real fluent on VOtoms, but is that character a guy or a girl becuase it looks to have boobs?

ROFL!!!! :lol: its a guy

VOTOMS has a real small fan base(smaller than Macross) but even still the price is high. The new Region 2 boxset that is coming out is 100,000 yen.... ouch

EDIT: These are both up at HLJ for preorder. Early Bird 5% off

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?YMT33153

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?YMT33960

very tempting...

Edited by dejr8bud

man boobs...

it's so expensive too.. $35 for a figure, and that's in Japan, it would be like $50 here. What pisses me off is they can give Chirico some great articulation but not Miria. Hopefully the Garland pilot will come with the mecha and has good articulation also....

never liked the mechs in votoms, but these look ok I guess only because you can insert the figure. Nice detail too, but I think I'll pass. The Koenig Monster is what I be waitin for! :p:D:lol:

If anything I'll pick up the Chirico with the boobs edition. The Scopedog is really expensive. Big and detailed yes but I need truck tires this winter. lol

Also like A7 said the posability looks poor. I think I'd buy this over the K-monster though. VOTOMS is/was one of my favorite shows. The K-monster appeared in a videogame that I hated and that was awful lol.

Oh wow you guys are correct, it does look like Chirico has man-boobs. Hey Chirico, better lay off those estrogen injections! :lol:

As for the Scopedog it looks great, but I think I'm going to hold off on the basic ATM-09 model and wait for the inevitable Red Shoulder Custom wth all the extra weapons, or perhaps if we are really lucky Yamato will release a Scope Dog Turbo Custom!

Picture from the Japanese hobby mags show that this toy will have removeable armor panels on the legs, arms and body to show the detail underneath, just like Bandai PG models.

For those of you complaining about lack of articulation, well given the limitations of Okawara's basic design, there is only so much articulation that you can add anyway.

Graham

I've seen this design somewhere half a decade ago.. Votom's are interesting, but still I think it lacks something.

Well VOTOMS Scopedogs are about as old as the footage in your avatar lol. There's nothing flashy about these guys. Plus the show itself is rather dark and gritty. I'm surprised it was 52 episodes.

Edited by dejr8bud

Those toys are looking nice, but that price seems a bit steep. The face sculpt on Chirico's face is pretty bad as well, doesn't look much like him, IMO.

The Scopedog rocks in terms of that gritty realistic tank feeling that we don't see anymore. Votoms has always been a pretty underated show and given how many people have never heard of it or seen it, I'm surprised how much merchandise the U.S. got for it a few years back.

Man boobs, yeah...

and a very thin waist and wide thighs!!!

I'm wondering about Chirico's manhood :lol:

The Scopedog is really detailed, and at 1/12 it will be pretty big!!!.

But I think I´ll pass. I'm more interested in the König Monster or the Garland ;)

I've seen this design somewhere half a decade ago.. Votom's are interesting, but still I think it lacks something.

Well VOTOMS Scopedogs are about as old as the footage in your avatar lol. There's nothing flashy about these guys. Plus the show itself is rather dark and gritty. I'm surprised it was 52 episodes.

No actually I meant the Yamato design.. I saw it in a hobbyjapan magazine like in 1998.. :) with the same features.

I like the zaku though, it is better articyulated and it has a cool shield armor attached to the right arm.

Edited by Kin

No actually I meant the Yamato design.. I saw it in a hobbyjapan magazine like in 1998.. :) with the same features.

I like the zaku though, it is better articyulated and it has a cool shield armor attached to the right arm.

There have been other Scopedog toys from other companies. Also, the Zaku is from Gundam, not VOTOMs.

There have been other Scopedog toys from other companies. Also, the Zaku is from Gundam, not VOTOMs.

Oops, sorry. I got it mixed together.

Yeah, back in the 1990's somebody did make an ultra detailed large scale ATM-09 resin kit that was featured in several issues of Hobby Japan. I forget the scale, I think it was either 1/12 or 1/6.

Graham

Man boobies will of course pave the way for the Brutish Dog pilot Fyana. Just simply swap heads and wallah... instant gender change or very little of it.

Now that you mentioned it, is it likely that Yamato is planning on releasing a 1/12 Brutish Dog? Was there any info regarding that?

I am still undecided on the 1/12 Scopedog, but would get a Brutish Dog in a heart beat. Really like the gattling arm design, but wasn't lucky enough to score a Takara Brutish Dog back then. :(

That all depends on the demand of the product. I'll be the first few to probably dish out the scratch for these anticipated toys for I'm a completist. I've got all the Takara ones and still looking to get those rare Sony Playstation re-packaged Armored Troopers. I beleieve there's 3 of them.

I came across a mint Takara Slash Dog on ebay like $50 about a year or two ago, but ended up didn't get it, cause it was the time I was not that into Votoms anymore. No one even bid on the thing when auction ended. Kind of regreted it now, :( but oh well. Just got the regular Takara Scope Dog, & the metallic version of it as well. But always wanted a Brutish Dog more than any other Votoms design. ;) Hope Yamato will make one then, as that would be a very easy one to pull off. Just a new arm and different color plastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Well being bored on a Saturday night while watching the truck race from Las Vegas..I hopped on over to Yamato USA's website(thankfully its being redesigned)

Well anyway it looks like the Scopedog and Chirico will be distributed in the US

http://www.toycom.net/

scroll down

No price yet but I'm sure it will be cheaper than buying import. Only downside its due in May of 2005. The import is due in Nov/Dec. 2004

Edited by dejr8bud

• 3 weeks later...

Some more info on the US release of the Scopedog

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cg...how_article=223

and the guy who wrote this first line is an idiot lol

Before there was Gundam or Macross, there was Votoms!

Based on the hit 1983 anime series Armored Trooper Votoms, Yamato USA is preparing to release a classic mecha figure in May of 2005! Bringing the past and future together, Yamato USA's 1/12 Scale Scopedog figure is sure to please robot and mecha fans everywhere!

The figure will stand approximately 12" tall and feature various interchangable parts and weapons (show below) as well as change into its various modes (loading, boarding, battling). The figure's suggested retail price is yet to be determined. The figure will be available at your local Musicland, Sam Goody, Mediaplay, or Suncoast next May.

The anime Armored Trooper Votoms originally aired in Japan and has, since its creation 21 years ago, become a cult classic. The 52-episode space opera is set in a gritty and realistic wartorn future world, where wars are no longer faught on foot, but inside armored mechanized robots called Votoms. The Scopedog is one such type of Votom

• 4 weeks later...
so what is the USA msrp by toycom for this? i WANT this behemoth!!

Kevin at the Valk Exchange has them for 99.99 and the figure for 26.99 IIRC. Twin Moons has them too.

Import price from HLJ is 17,800 yen or 161.00 for the Scopedog

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?YMT33153

and the figure is 3800 yen or 34.40

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?YMT33960

The imports are due out soon and the domestic release sometime this spring.

Edited by dejr8bud