Zeta Gundam

j_wong00

Does anyone know what gundam series Bandai is going to pick up next for US distrubition, I already know about F-91 . Bandai seems pretty serious about porting the whole series (with the exception of Turn-A Gundam) to the USA any word yet what will be coming next year?

Rumor (repeat, rumor) a month or two ago was that then next release may be ZZ.

Which is an absolutely horrible move on Bandai's part if true. They couldn't have picked a worse series to be next.

actually i have seen the whole ZZ series i do not mind it, after about the 10th episode it gets alot better in my view. and i liked the last few episodes with the ZZ vs the Quinn-Mantha and Quebly. i would definetly pick it up if it is released. i am hoping for the Victory Gundam series still

QUOTE (Hikuro @ Oct 17 2004, 01:24 PM)

that's not gonna fit on my shelf at all! oh damn! 

Only 6 more models to go before I have enough shelf space for that...Dang, looks like it's going to sit on the top of the shelf at my rate of model building....

0_o I'm so out of room that I got no clue where Sazabi is gonna go, I'm even now using the TV area for display! GAH!

Posted on Oct 17 2004, 09:09 PM

actually i have seen the whole ZZ series i do not mind it, after about the 10th episode it gets alot better in my view. and i liked the last few episodes with the ZZ vs the Quinn-Mantha and Quebly. i would definetly pick it up if it is released. i am hoping for the Victory Gundam series still 

And true, ZZ got better right around the time they land on earth in my opinion...that's when things got a bit more interesting. It wasn't so much good army versus bad army either.....if you looked at it, Haman even seemed a bit like a hero....plus the whole second half of the series began to change for the makings of Chars Counter Attack. In the final few episodes Bright is talkingn to Sayla about the where-abouts of Char aka Quatro Bajina Aka Casval Daikun and wha do we see just a few years after the end of ZZ? :rolleyes: Time to freeze earth!

The ONLY thing I didn't like was the final scene where everyone gives th eir goodbyes....I would hav eliked to of seen Camille just a bit more.

:lol: that's not gonna fit on my shelf at all! oh damn!

Only 6 more models to go before I have enough shelf space for that...Dang, looks like it's going to sit on the top of the shelf at my rate of model building....

:lol::lol::lol: you should see my room 40 plus Mg kits all the PG and Gundam fix figures, chogokins and a bunch of other stuff i am still trying to figure out where the stuff I own now is going to go i do not know what i am going to do for the items coming out in the next 2 or so months Dvds box sets dozen Gundam kits and Gundam Fix, Koning Monster and various Macross models, instead of building models we should be building more shelves. :lol::lol:

Edited by zeo-mare

I absolutely hope that ZZ comes out next after Zeta. Makes a lot of sense building on any momentum Zeta is able to build, and they really need to get ZZ out there since they already released Char's Counterattack.

My wager is ZZ, X, V, and then Turn A last.

i wonder if they are going to release any of the other SD anime? there were a few older ones that were conventional anime and not CGI and revolved around the Musha Knights, i have seen so little of the series but i know it exists, also is there another SD Gundam Force coming out? and by the way it is pretty obvious that turn A gundam will be last if ever.

Which is an absolutely horrible move on Bandai's part if true. They couldn't have picked a worse series to be next.

Yeah, god forbid we get a Gundam series released in sequential order for once. :rolleyes:

Why bother? ZZ is the only one left that has any effect on any timeline (Victory is UC in name only) so it hardly matters any more. Why bring over one of the worst examples of Gundam in existance rather than one of the multiple quality shows still awaiting release?

Especially considering how bad a shape Gundam is in the US at the moment.

Why bother? ZZ is the only one left that has any effect on any timeline (Victory is UC in name only) so it hardly matters any more. Why bring over one of the worst examples of Gundam in existance rather than one of the multiple quality shows still awaiting release?

that really is a matter of opinion, while you may have not liked some of the series there are many other who did, those fans are looking forward to it ( I being one of them). to leave certain series untranslated in japan because of a few people did not like it would be horrible, in a sense you could get stuck in a position where all titles being left in japan untranslated. what if i did not like Macross and thought it was crap, does that mean that none of the franchise should be released? denying fans in the US and around the world a oppertunity to see it? as far as I am concerned if somebody went through all the trouble to make a series , bring it over and translate it , the more Anime we have to choose from the better, even if some of it may not be my style or to my liking , that is just me, there are many people who may want to see it, and i do not want to take away from them. i am greatful that bandai is making the effort to port over the earlier half of this series. i amazed that they are doing it at all Zeta Gundam has been out since the early 1980's, it has taken 20 years to get this and if it was not for Bandai we may not have had a chance to see this classic series at all, most fans in the USA and other english speaking nations have only crappy HK bootlegs or official stuff that does not have Subtitles leaving many other fans out in the dark. while some of the other Gundam series may be better, i do not feel this should be left undone, i look forward to finally seeing a accurate tranlation of this title

chris :)

i do not think it is in bad shape, i heard that SD Gundam and Seed are doing quite good, if it wasnt i do not think they would be releasing all these models and toys , they would end up losing money with all the stuff there putting on the market, somebody must be buying it for them to still be releasing stuff. :p

Bandai can feel free to release ZZ Gundam to their hearts content, but they won't get my money. Watching ZZ once was more than enough for me, and I'm certainly not buying another 50+ episode series only for the 10-12 episodes that didn't make me want to puke blood.

i do not think it is in bad shape, i heard that SD Gundam and Seed are doing quite good, if it wasnt i do not think they would be releasing all these models and toys , they would end up losing money with all the stuff there putting on the market, somebody must be buying it for them to still be releasing stuff.

You would be incorrect.

SD Gundam Force initially had good merchandise sales then slumped badly, so badly that the second season has been sitting gathering dust unaired ever since.

SEED, counted on to be a big hit... has not been. Thanks to a combination of disappointing ratings and poorly fairing merchandise, the show has now lost it's Toonami timeslot and is being shifted to a 1:00am graveyard timeslot.

Zeta Gundam after long delays has been shifted to a limited edition only release, with no wide release planned at all now. They're not even bothering marketing it to a wide audience at this point and it's been relegated to a niche title.

No, things are not all well in the world of Gundam in the US.

Bandai can feel free to release ZZ Gundam to their hearts content, but they won't get my money. Watching ZZ once was more than enough for me, and I'm certainly not buying another 50+ episode series only for the 10-12 episodes that didn't make me want to puke blood.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

that really is a matter of opinion, while you may have not liked some of the series there are many other who did, those fans are looking forward to it (I being one of them). to leave certain series untranslated in japan because of a few people did not like it would be horrible

...and not at all what I'm suggesting. I don't think it should be left untranslated - I think it should be left until *after* they've gotten other series that are better than it and could appeal to more people released first.

I still don't know how CN didn't expect Seed to tank when they put it on at 10:30 on saturadays only expecting to target the adolescent crowd who would buy stuff from toys r us in droves. No one saw it, as a kid my parents asked questions about a show I wanted to watch at 11 (man the hoops I had to go through for Spawn :lol:). Not to mention: KIDS GO TO BED. They should have no surprize that seed didn't do so well. There isn't a drop of Seed merchandise ANYWHERE anymore. G Gundam did great on CN. Why? Because they aired the damn show in the afternoon when every shool age kid had a chance to watch it. Then they aired it again at night for good measure. There is no way Seed wouldn't have tanked in the pitiful time slot that it had. Now seed will be buried for good, and only the real gundam/anime heads will stay up till 1AM to watch it. And even then many of us (myself included) refuse to watch it because of the asinine edits they made to it.

The idiot they interviewed on Toon Zone thought it was no big deal to stick Seed at that time slot, and was "puzzled" by why it was only an average performer. Morons.

Bandai/Cartoon Network does not know how to market Gundam in the US. Period. It could have been an instant cash cow. Energon is making a fortune. Gundam could have easily.

We all remember they big push they were going to give Zeta last year. Merchandize blitz and afternoon+evening showings of the show. That would have worked wonderfully, just like it did for G Gundam, and would really have worked for Seed. They dropped it for whatever stupid reason they coined. Now what gets more attention on CN: Rave Masters :angry:

End of angry rant.

Edited by Anubis

Oh I agree, their scheduling of Seed makes sense to executives, and only executives. Wing & G both had weekday afternoon showings, sweet afterschool timeslot, and tons of promotion (well, G didn't have the promotion, but it had the run-off from Wing).

If they care at all about saving it, then they should throw it on Sunday nights, during that prime midnight to 2 block. ZZ however would flourish in the weekday afternoon slot, as it's quite kid friendly (at the beginning anyway).

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Kids, the wait just got longer.

The LE Zeta Gundam Box now ships 14th December.

Zeta Gundam Delayed AGAIN

Probably something to do with Bandai US, having their warehouses flooded this past week. <_<:ph34r:

The warehouse's flood would probably have a ripple effect on soon to come releases, so this one I give them the benefit of the doubt on. Everything's being delayed.

Also, last I read the LE box is not the only release of Zeta. They were still planning on the inidividual discs after the LE. Just out of sheer coolness they're releasing the LE first, with all the figures (that being why it really will be a LE). The Individuals will start to come out early next year probably. Maybe right after Seed ands it's DVD run, which won't be that much longer with it's 2-at-a-time release schedule. We'll see. Those of us that really want Zeta already ordered the LE box anyway.

Since our supply was mostly ruined by the flood, we're very limited in our number of boxsets for MS Zeta Gundam! To make sure we get our shipment off we ask you place another 150 dollars to your current order too help in the loss of our other products and Zeta Gundam related so we may help you in the future!

Wouldn't that piss you off?

When was the last you heard? The last I heard they were leaning towards not doing an individual disc release.

I've never seen anything official that would point in that being the upcoming scenario for Zeta Gundam. Its certainly been fan SPECULATION but no one from Bandai has ever said there wouldn't be an individual release. Bandai said there would be an individual disc release a long way back (year +) and nothing since, but just because they haven't said anything doesn't mean we won't get it. Remember, they're in the middle of Seed right now and the box set won't even be out for another month and a half.

I've never seen anything official that would point in that being the upcoming scenario for Zeta Gundam.

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthreaded....=&Number=655677

No plans to release individual disks in the forseeable future.

I repeat myself.

Bandai has never said officially that there would not be an individual disc release. To expect details and prices for individual discs months before the boxset is even released is overanxious. That quote you linked to does nothing to confirm the rabid fan speculation of there never being an individual disc release.

I repeat myself.

You can repeat yourself as much as you want because I've no interest in arguing semantics.

Bandai's representitive has said their are no plans at this time for an individual release set.

If you can't see that for what it is, then feel free to keep your head placed firmly in the sand. Zeta has been relegated to a niche title and while there very well may still be an individual release done, it won't be any time in the near future - in other words, you don't get the LE, you could be waiting a long time.