Recast Replacement 1/48 1S heads

Rohby

from what Rohby told me, you can either choose a clear visor or the green one. So, you can tint the clear ones with any color which suits your valk

aaajin

cool, i'm PM'ing him now. :) i want me a red visor or maybe even make one in blue. these are after all for customs so it doesn't have to be cannon for me to enjoy them. thanks for the info! :)

This is so cool please put me down for one.

Rohby-man.. I'm not a customizing kinda guy, but I have to say..

.. those VF-1S head recasts are SUPER NICE! Thanks for providing our community with another great product! B))

can i have 1 blue and 1 red visor? :)

me too! :)

i was thinking i could make the roy with a yellow visor, max blue, and hikaru red, you know, to match the paint schemes. its not cannon but i think it would be cool.

BTW rohby, the head looks AWESOME...as if there was any doubt. B))

*added*

OH YEAH! i just got word that colored visors are available. not only a super dope recast but color choices as well. its and early x-mas at MW! woot! :D

Edited by haterist

Oh what the hell, I'll take two if still available. Green (standard) visors please.

Any word on what paint to use to get a perfect match to the off-white of the valks themselves? I understand that it's close, but Rohby himself said that some are closer than others.

Thanks,

H

Well, a starting point for non-modelers and complete rookies would be helpful. Brand, color #, flat/semi-gloss/gloss, what type of clear-coat matches best with the look of the rest of the valk. Etc.

Did a few searches in the modeling areas. Didn't see anything.

H

did not know you were an inexperienced painter, i figured you did a custom something or other at one point. :huh:

i use citadel paints(warhammer/40K) acrylic semi-gloss i believe?and i haven't bother to clear coat the heads since theres not much scratching going on, atleast thats what i did for the LV J head and the citadel paint holds up pretty well.

just pick a basic flat or semi gloss white and test it on a part of the valk that isn't visible(like somewhere underneath), just a dab and see if it matches. if its too light, add a shade or two using the teenie tiniest bit of yellow or something of the like. it should be like 10 parts white, and 1/100th part yellow?

put it this way, it took me a good half hour to match the LV color and thats alot easier than trying to match anything thats painted white.

the only bad paint i know of is testors gloss enamel, its just too thick. as far as i know, theres no such thing a perfect matching white paint, its just impossible to find or doesn't exist. :blink:

hope that helps

did not know you were an inexperienced painter, i figured you did a custom something or other at one point.  :huh:

I built a couple models back in high school. But that was more than a decade ago! My airbrush has been MIA for years. :(

So thanks, those tips will helpful if the head doesn't match quite well enough "out of the box."

Good luck with the Low-Vis! Post pics when it's done! :o

H