The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

It's not 100% confirmed but it's certainly looking good, good enough for Zinc Panic to post it,

http://www.zincpanic.com/view_article.phtml?id=25227

It's expensive too which means it should be the real deal we've all been wanting and not just an expensive action figure.

And all just as SHE finish theirs, I really feel sorry for those guys and the effort they put into their stuff.

Well, there is an old video arcade game called Gunbuster not related to the anime.

Don't know anything about that video game. You have any info on it?

So far all SOC toys are based on anime super robots/giant robots genre not video games robots/characters. Unless that game is about robots I don't think it's that.

Have any of you played the Gunbuster game for PS2?  Is it worth getting if you don't know japanese?

I'm trying to find it for a good price but if you have to run around and interact with other characters (chat) I'm going to pass.

364670[/snapback]

I got it and frankly i'm bored walking around talking to ppl and "doing pushups". Does it get better?

I spoke with Keith Burgess at Anime Los Angeles, and he confirmed that they've lost the license to the show. They didn't know for certain until last month. Basically, their licenses with Bandai were expiring. Bandai decided that they wanted them back. Instead of telling Manga outright, they decided to jack up the price for renewals. They also refused to give them the Wings of Honneamise Special Features without jacking the price up more. So in the end, it just was no longer profitable at that price.

So Gunbuster will most likely be released under the Honneamise label.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I spoke with Keith Burgess at Anime Los Angeles, and he confirmed that they've lost the license to the show. They didn't know for certain until last month. Basically, their licenses with Bandai were expiring. Bandai decided that they wanted them back. Instead of telling Manga outright, they decided to jack up the price for renewals. They also refused to give them the Wings of Honneamise Special Features without jacking the price up more. So in the end, it just was no longer profitable at that price.

364893[/snapback]

Why does no one believe me? I told you guys a while back that I got official confirmation of this from Manga's parent company, Anchor Bay Entertainment. Then again, I may have posted that note over at Anime on DVD'd forums...

364893[/snapback]

I have no idea what that means.

365010[/snapback]

Bandai Visual (not to be confused with the U.S. arm Bandai Entertainment) has recently started up a new U.S. division for high end special edition anime releases titled "Honeamise." Their first scheduled release is a box with the first 2 Patlabor movies given an R2 quality treatment.

Bandai Visual (not to be confused with the U.S. arm Bandai Entertainment) has recently started up a new U.S. division for high end special edition anime releases titled "Honeamise." Their first scheduled release is a box with the first 2 Patlabor movies given an R2 quality treatment.

365015[/snapback]

But sadly at R2 prices as well, it seems. I get the feeling they aren't going to last if they don't get a clue about the US market really quick.

364893[/snapback]

I have no idea what that means.

365010[/snapback]

365015[/snapback]

Daaaaaamn, son!

365015[/snapback]

But sadly at R2 prices as well, it seems. I get the feeling they aren't going to last if they don't get a clue about the US market really quick.

365035[/snapback]

I'll pay the price for a top line Gunbuster DVD release. Its easily my favorite anime.

Indeed we are.

Of other interesting note, Keith told me it was Manga UK that hacked up Dangaio. They got it first, and did with it as they pleased. Manga Ent never recieved the materials needed for an uncut release.

365015[/snapback]

365035[/snapback]

Homenaise do have a clue, they're putting out a reasonable release and a top notch release at $30 or $90 respectively.

The patlabor uber set includes a book of those drawn out versions of scenes that you always seen in movie making of's that in a moment of brain death I have completey forgotten the name of.

Indeed we are.

Of other interesting note, Keith told me it was Manga UK that hacked up Dangaio. They got it first, and did with it as they pleased. Manga Ent never recieved the materials needed for an uncut release.

365108[/snapback]

Yeah that was us, sorry bout that. OTOH they did start the "manga" craze back when VHS was all there was. :p

Fort Max,

Homenaise doesn't have a clue, nor do alot of the distrubtors, when it comes to pricing. Those prices will be nearly half within the time it gets to the retail stores and they are extremely niche products, which alot of older anime is.

But if I'm gonna pay R2 level prices for this stuff I damned well better be getting the Ultra Mega Super Deluxe Omega Special Edition Collectors boxt. :lol:

365015[/snapback]

365035[/snapback]

I'll pay the price for a top line Gunbuster DVD release. Its easily my favorite anime.

365038[/snapback]

Ditto! :)

Homenaise do have a clue, they're putting out a reasonable release and a top notch release at $30 or $90 respectively.

The patlabor uber set includes a book of those drawn out versions of scenes that you always seen in movie making of's that in a moment of brain death I have completey forgotten the name of.

365149[/snapback]

So what? There's still not enough Americans willing to blow ninety bucks on one movie. Nope. They're clueless and I fully expect them to re-think their pricing, drop the super deluxe verions, or just go out of business rather quickly. The maybe a thousand of us or so in the country who'd be willing to pay those prices (and as much as I love the Patlabor movies, I probably won't) aren't enough to support the effort it takes to make them.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys do any of you have this figure? i am really interested in it, i have seen pictures but am more curious about the material it is made of and how poseable it is.

Gunbuster figure

thanks

chris

yea i have seen it, but is it worth the money? how poseable is it and what kind of material is it made out of? PVC, plastic, etc. i would like to have at least one nice looking Gunbuster in my collection.

chris

blah... thanks for the tip :( i guess i will have to continue saving for the SHE version and the SOC. all well i am sure they will be cool.

chris

I digress. Its a decent Gunbuster toy. But if you want one good gunbuster toy, i think you should wait for the SOC. ;)

The kaiyodo is a cheap and fun thing to mess around with and tide you over till the SOC. SHE is abit steep....unless you're rich of course.