Poster tribute, Macross 30th anniversary

wendigo

Poster tribute, commemorating the 30th anniversary of Macross.

Hi Guys, I hope you are well.

This is my first collaboration in the forum, and this is also a very special occasion. So I think this is also a kind of personal presentation.

As we all know today marks the 30th anniversary of Macross and like for many fans, I think this is a special day to commemorate. Macross series is one of my favorite movies, especially the 1984 film. It is one of the few things that I'm really a fan.

So I wanted to share with you my small tribute to the 30th anniversary of this great saga.

Unfortunately by time I could not make a commemorative illustration as I would have liked and was the original idea, but I did not want to stop doing something special to remember this event (30 years not met every day), so to get to the day today for me was much faster to make a photomanipulation, so I made this poster in "live action".This is not a perfect casting, but rather, of those who might have an attitude in keeping each character and generally represent the concept of the movie Do You Remember Love?, 1984.

This is the casting of the photos I used:

Lynn Minmay: Chiling Lin

Misa Hayase/Lisa Hayes: Natalie Portman

Miria Parina/Miriya Farina: Li Xiaolu

Roy Fokker: Josh Holloway

Maximilian Genius/ Max Sterling:Jackson Rathbone

Capitan Bruno Global: Edward James Olmos

Hikaru Ichijo/Rick Hunter: Takeshi Kaneshiro (young)

Well that's it, hope you like it

----------------------

This photomanipulation I made it very respectfully borrowing images and photos from other artists.

I hope no bother. If anyone feels that this image infringes any of your copyright, please ask them to tell me and we talked.

Note: All images are used only as a "loan" and non-profit and the rights belong to their respective owners.

http://amnilam.deviantart.com/#/d5gsn7ghttp://amnilam.deviantart.com/#/d5gsn7g

post-15611-0-60406300-1349318254_thumb.jpg

Casting....can't resist. Just to list a few... LOL. BTW...NICE poster art!!!

Definitely Edward James Olmos as Global!

Hikaru; Tom Welling

Roy: Viggo Mortensen (a must!)

Max: Orlando Bloom

Misa: Jennifer Aniston

Claudia: Halle Barry

Minmay: an unknown actress

Hayao/Ben: Jon Favreau

Millia: Kate Winslet

Zentraedi: CG characters

Edited by Skullsixx

Poster tribute, commemorating the 30th anniversary of Macross.

Hi Guys, I hope you are well.

This is my first collaboration in the forum, and this is also a very special occasion. So I think this is also a kind of personal presentation.

As we all know today marks the 30th anniversary of Macross and like for many fans, I think this is a special day to commemorate. Macross series is one of my favorite movies, especially the 1984 film. It is one of the few things that I'm really a fan.

So I wanted to share with you my small tribute to the 30th anniversary of this great saga.

Unfortunately by time I could not make a commemorative illustration as I would have liked and was the original idea, but I did not want to stop doing something special to remember this event (30 years not met every day), so to get to the day today for me was much faster to make a photomanipulation, so I made this poster in "live action".This is not a perfect casting, but rather, of those who might have an attitude in keeping each character and generally represent the concept of the movie Do You Remember Love?, 1984.

This is the casting of the photos I used:

Lynn Minmay: Chiling Lin

Misa Hayase/Lisa Hayes: Natalie Portman

Miria Parina/Miriya Farina: Li Xiaolu

Roy Fokker: Josh Holloway

Maximilian Genius/ Max Sterling:Jackson Rathbone

Capitan Bruno Global: Edward James Olmos

Hikaru Ichijo/Rick Hunter: Takeshi Kaneshiro (young)

Well that's it, hope you like it

----------------------

One of the best posters I've seen yet, and your cast pick is awesome. I think I would have picked almost the exact same, almost. Awesome work. BTW, would you mind if I share it with a FB group? I'd like to give proper credit here.

Edited by Jasonc

林志玲 and 金城武!

I think Kaneshiro is too good-looking as Hiraru, but he speaks 5 languages or so, and good for the dubbing in the another ones by himself.

Lin is so tall in comparison with Minmay. But better than Choi Ji-woo.

Both of them are famous in Japan, so they will be welcomed.

Very Cool.

• Though for Minmay I'd choose Charlene Choi, she can sing and can manage English (born a Canadian, but moved to HK at a young age), for pure looks Chilling Lin is a good choice. The same goes for Li Xiaolu as Millia, but considering she's an alien, ethnicity is not a factor ( ;)).
  • I've always envisioned Roy played by Matthew Fox. The actor has the looks and the voice that would instantly imply a life of too much smoking and drinking... You get a sense of how Roy would be portrayed from his role as Racer-X in Speed Racer.
  • EJ Olmos would like not be interested in the Global role simply because he's done that character already. Actually I'd like to see what Viggo could bring to that role...
  • Claudia LaSalle would be Ya Ya Decosta. A stunning actress with the spirit Claudia needs
  • Misa is one of those take your pick roles. A conflicted character who is a highly functioning emotional train wreck. An actor's dream role.
  • Max is a tricky character. He has boyish good looks and a baritone voice! I recall an actor very much like that, but can't recall the name.
  • Hikaru is a toss up since depending on who makes it, he's either Japanese or Caucasian..

Regardless of my casting preferences, I would love to see the reaction of this art on a site like Pixiv.com

Edited by Zinjo

I'll keep it short. Cool. One of the better casts I've seen.

Was anybody NOT thinking EJO as Global when he grew that mustache? C'mon, guys!

Me B)) For the very reasons I described. Not to mention no one is interested in Adama 2.0...

Me B)) For the very reasons I described. Not to mention no one is interested in Adama 2.0...

Well, yeah, I mean in real life of course he wouldn't be interested in rehashing the role. But, I meant more, like, upon watching BSG, did one not think, "Look at frakking Global-looking Adama right there." Which of course lead to the thought, "well, I guess he can't play Global, now." But really, BSG also killed my dreams of a serious live-action American Macross television series anyway, since there are too many surface similarities. Obviously the biggest thorn in the side of that concept is and always will be HG, but none the less, we can always dream.

Tom Selleck's got the look. Even if he's a million years old, now.

-Che

But really, BSG also killed my dreams of a serious live-action American Macross television series anyway, since there are too many surface similarities. Obviously the biggest thorn in the side of that concept is and always will be HG, but none the less, we can always dream.

Tom Selleck's got the look. Even if he's a million years old, now.

-Che

Yes and no. As a live action TV series to be sure, a film series perhaps. Although I'm sure all Macross fans immediately made the connection when the Galactica performed a Daedalus attack in the finale... :p

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. If only you could have unified the colour values of the faces, it might have tied them together more. But your layout organisation for them was inspired!

Art that gets people talking is great art though, and I do like your casting a lot - unexpected and cool! Mr Olmos will be Adama to me forever though....