I wish Bandai would revisit the Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Sword and the Raiser, I would love to have one another set new in box. I 'm not sure they will though, they got close when they released the 00 Raiser [special Markings Version].

I'm also kind of shocked they did not make the Bardatos in Metal Build. Don't get me wrong the high resolution model it is really nice looking and will fit in to your collection perfectly next to other metal build toys, but whatever. I watched a Japanese video review of the High Resolution Model and it did look really nice when all put together.

I wish Bandai would revisit the Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Sword and the Raiser, I would love to have one another set new in box. I 'm not sure they will though, they got close when they released the 00 Raiser [special Markings Version].

I'm also kind of shocked they did not make the Bardatos in Metal Build. Don't get me wrong the high resolution model it is really nice looking and will fit in to your collection perfectly next to other metal build toys, but whatever. I watched a Japanese video review of the High Resolution Model and it did look really nice when all put together.

We still got another season of IBO coming down the pipeline so we could see an MB in the future. Maybe they didn't want to release an MB and the hi-resolution model to compete in the sales department.

I picked up the Barbatos High Res. It s a cool kit for sure. The inner frame is very much Metal Build-ish, though the plastic pieces of the inner frame just don't do it for me. I wish it was painted a different color than this beige-y brown. Also the 'kit' portion of the outer armor is just begging to get repainted. I think that's the struggle I have for this item: I don't know whether to customize it as gunpla or just treat it like a Metal Build. I honestly think I will break down the entire thing and airbrush it the way I want it.

Agree about a Barbatos MB being a good release. I love the Metal Build line, but it's getting a bit stale with all of the Seed releases, which is why I am happy that Exia is re-releasing. With so many other designs from the non-UC gundams I can't help but to think they could be brining more to the table here.

I can't remember exactly when the MB line came out if Bandai sort of announced it only to include Seed and 00 releases. Though that doesn't explain the random Full Metal Panic release does it...?

I remember when the MB line came out in 2011 Bandai stated they wanted to give this line a high end treatment to various mecha in anime hence the one release from FMP. I remember seeing sketches of a MB Lancelot of Code Geass , but since the FMP release did not sell well, Bandai is sticking to the gundam releases for now. I'm fine-ish with just Gundams, but I desire other gundams from other the likes of 0083. Give me metal build GP-01 - 04 and I can call gundam a day for now.....

Yes definitely need MB GP01, but since it is UC it would be a GFF MC and potentially have limited articulation and no stand like the GFF MC Unicorn releases. The only GFF MC to compete with MB in terms of articulation was the RX-78 The Origin Gundam. So slick with the many different armour parts and weapons. I would hope 0083 line GFF MCs would follow suit.

Good point on the GFFMC RX-78, I have one and it is a great piece. I couldn't get into the Unicorns because I have more fun painting and building the PG Unicorn (and soon the Banshee), as well as the limited articulation you mentioned. It seems counterintuitive to me that Bandai doesn't go ahead and MB all of the iconic mobile suits. Would love a GP-01, a Zeta (not the variants the original), and of course the RX-93. I mean, make them in any of the series besides Robot Spirits!

Sweet mama here comes the EX-S. Please Bandai make a version with the tampo printing like you did with the Penelope.

I might have to order this. I wish it was a Metal Composite instead of just Ver KA Signature

post-2743-0-53590200-1461473986_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-86830000-1461473993_thumb.jpg

Edited by F360

Received my MB Astray Red Frame on Monday and had some time to get it posed for display on my work desk.

It's a beautiful MB. Lots of detail and very aggressive looking.

Really happy that the price was in the same league as the MBs of old (Exia, Freedom). The more recent ones (Strike Freedom, Destiny etc) have been crazy expensive.

post-7871-0-18491200-1461464475_thumb.jpeg

Here is my mini review

Pros:

• Great sculpt. Really chunky and beefy, and excellent detail on the accessories. The gerbera straight even has kanji inscribed on the tang
  • Colours are really bright and vivid
  • Articulation is great for the most part. Double jointed elbows and knees
  • Very heavy due to lots of die cast
  • Lots of Tampo, but not over done
  • Nice and tight joints (also see cons)
  • Lots of different hands for some dynamic poses
  • Hands are made of a gummy style plastic so have a tight grip, so they should provide a solid grip on the weapons (granted I didn't even test this since I went straight for the pose in my photo - hahaha - Love Kenshin's batoujutsu stance)
  • Knee covers can be removed so if the knees do become loose over time you can tighten the joint (had to do this on my MB Exia recently)

Cons

• Can't store the beam rifle when wielding the gerbera straight, but that's a limitation of the original design
  • Skirting armour does create some range limitations in the legs, so getting a horse stance isn't possible
  • Very tight joints out of the box, so can be scary to move it the first time
  • V fin is really hard to attach to the head. I had to remove the head to get a good grip to push the fin into the slot in the head
  • the collar on either side of the head can limit the range the head can turn, but can be overcome with some careful tilting before turning. The collars are flexible, but still need to be careful as they have a panel line running down the middle which could be a snap point
  • Backpack was a bit fiddly to connect due to the sliding and moving function of the parts

Really looking forward to a MB Astray Blue Frame Second L release next time.

C'mon Bandai, we want MB Strike already! :p

Edited by eggy99

C'mon Bandai, we want MB Strike already! :p

Nice mini review , I hope the next color frame is the MB Astray Blue Frame Second L too.

While on the subject of MB Strike. kinda , almost.. B))

post-2743-0-06868800-1461474457_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-09719000-1461474467_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-57320600-1461474479_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-47672600-1461474497_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-76070200-1461474506_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-30989000-1461474698_thumb.jpg

it's not a MB strike, but it's pretty close.

Metal Build Plus - 1/72 Aile Mecha Warrior

3rd party Metal Build Plus by Mo Show , suppose to release on the 1st week of MAY

It's for $144 at

http://thetoysource.com/mo-show-aile-strike-gundam/

http://www.tf-direct.com/free-shipping-mo-show-gat-x105-metal-build-plus-aile-strike-gundam-1-72_p1278.html

They are working on a Buster Gundam lookalike too

post-2743-0-94185200-1461474996_thumb.jpg

*snip*

Thanks for the mini review. One question. Did your shield had some ugly gate marks on the two gray armor panels near the viewing slot on the top? I have them on mine and they look like they shouldn't be there. I'm a bit hesitated to cut them down because I assume the gray is painted.

10 years ago, maybe even 5 years ago I would have been super excited for an EX-S gundam, but now I'm just not excited by the design anymore.

I don't know....I still have the MG kit to build on this one. I might think about grabbing this b/c you know it will be a beast. Like someone else mentioned, it depends on how much tampo details they throw on there. The Penelope, extra mark ver. came out very nice I thought for an RS. I will be keeping my eyes on this one. Though I am kinda "Sentinel'd out" too, especially considering I have that old Gundam FF Deep Striker from like 10 years back....

It's a little disappointing that it has to be 1/72 scale and not 1/100 scale to go along with Bandai's official offerings. I'd probably bite if it was. :p

I agree, I look at it and go damn that would be nice but then I consider all my other Gundam toys are in 1/100 or roughly that scale.

Will the final product version of the Mo Show Strike be as good as the sample reviewed?

It's suppose to have improvements from the reviewed sample , like hidden led power socket.,

It's a little disappointing that it has to be 1/72 scale and not 1/100 scale to go along with Bandai's official offerings. I'd probably bite if it was. :p

The 1/72 is suppose to protect them a bit more from Bandai since it's not at the same scale. :D they also changed the name to Mecha Warrior so it's not a Gundam :D

Are there any pictures of what the new plastic base says on it? I would almost rather it not say anything on it.

No new pic of the base yet . All the pic now seems to be from the old sample . Maybe they will leave out the words on the base and just use the metal tag instead , that way if you don't like it you can just remove the tag or can even make a custom one and stick it on?

Thanks for the mini review. One question. Did your shield had some ugly gate marks on the two gray armor panels near the viewing slot on the top? I have them on mine and they look like they shouldn't be there. I'm a bit hesitated to cut them down because I assume the gray is painted.

I'll have to check mine out tomorrow. I inspected the beam rifle and shield only briefing, and one thing I noticed on the shield was the extremely pointy tips on the shield. Could draw blood? :p

The beam rifle is so nicely sculpted too, so disappointed that it went back into the box as it doesn't mount to the rear of the skirting armour like most other CE mobile suits.

yeah, it's gonna be Mecha Warrior now, They even have the extra cardboard box like the Tamashii exclusives

attachicon.gif12821366_974694999277325_8982879388723150826_n.jpg

attachicon.gif10325233_974695035943988_345438723844511354_n.jpg

attachicon.gif11872168_974695002610658_7006006173703112373_o.jpg

That is hilarious!!!!

They should have made it a strange scale like, 1/95 or something. it would be been slightly off, but still close enough to match 1/100 :D

Still very interested in seeing the reviews when the Mecha Warrior comes out. Hope it gives Bandai some inspiration to out do it and design an amazing reimagined Strike Gundam sculpt like they did with Freedom, Destiny and Strike Freedom.

LOL, I don't know hat the deal is but I have missed the past 2x GFFMC releases on PO night. I missed the GFFMC Unicorn last ver. I was all amped up about the Hi-Metal R VF-1A Mass production version and have not paid enough attention to the Gundam sites lately.

On positive note I found that there is a reissue of the Robot Damashii Kshatriya and Unicorn Destroy, so I was able to pick those up on pre-order from HLJ.

LOL, I don't know hat the deal is but I have missed the past 2x GFFMC releases on PO night. I missed the GFFMC Unicorn last ver. I was all amped up about the Hi-Metal R VF-1A Mass production version and have not paid enough attention to the Gundam sites lately.

On positive note I found that there is a reissue of the Robot Damashii Kshatriya and Unicorn Destroy, so I was able to pick those up on pre-order from HLJ.

I think it's a sign that you brought enough Unicorn. -_- , Their metal composite news is pretty slow and quiet too, not like those Roaring Metal Build ones. :D

But from the previous Metal composite releases, you should have no problem getting it around release time either B))

yeah, it's gonna be Mecha Warrior now, They even have the extra cardboard box like the Tamashii exclusives

attachicon.gif12821366_974694999277325_8982879388723150826_n.jpg

attachicon.gif10325233_974695035943988_345438723844511354_n.jpg

attachicon.gif11872168_974695002610658_7006006173703112373_o.jpg

How does Bandai not sue the crap out of these guys? May not even be worth the cost benefit to do so, but would like an legit Aile Strike MB one day.

Thanks for the heads up. I missed it the first time and now got a preorder in. :)

I think it's a sign that you brought enough Unicorn. -_- , Their metal composite news is pretty slow and quiet too, not like those Roaring Metal Build ones. :D

But from the previous Metal composite releases, you should have no problem getting it around release time either B))

Yeah I have one of each GFFMC Unicorn type and figure I might as well get the final version with the shield gimmick.

I guess I was freaking out when I missed the Phenex and was able to get one anyways thanks to David :D

Thanks for the heads up. I missed it the first time and now got a preorder in. :)

No problem, I wanted to have a scale Kshatriya vs Unicorn display and happen to find it scrounging around on HLJ.

Yeah I have one of each GFFMC Unicorn type and figure I might as well get the final version with the shield gimmick.

I guess I was freaking out when I missed the Phenex and was able to get one anyways thanks to David :D

No problem, I wanted to have a scale Kshatriya vs Unicorn display and happen to find it scrounging around on HLJ.

I have the Sinanju, Destroy Unicorn and Banshee Norn on display and missing the Kshatriya. Now I wonder if I need the suits in Unicorn mode. I think out of all the Unicorns out there the Robot Damashii versions did the Destroy-Mode the best. in the other (transformable) version it always looks too skinny for my likings.

What is the exact release date for the Metal Build Exia Repair III reissue? HLJ states 31st of May which would be too late for my PW shipping deadline. ^_^

That seems too early, Hobby Search has the release set for August.

As well as Bandai (credit to David on page 59);

http://tamashii.jp/s...etalbuild/exia/

http://tamashii.jp/item/10204/

-b.