Did everyone get their MB Blue Frame? I ended up picking up again from friggin GundamPlanet and got charged through the nose....just like Exia re-release. What I heard is that bandai is not releasing a whole heck of lot to stateside vendors for MB these days, keeping the love in-country. At least there was some available and it was not the debacle like the Destiny WoL bundle. MB releases I feel are far worse than nabbing valk DX's lately....ugh!

Yep, it is about a month behind. My Exia preorder at GP will arrive sometime in September, and Blue Frame will be January, behind the December Japan release.

I don't have a preorder for the Blue Frame. I will just wait until he is in stock at BBTS.

• 3 weeks later...

September 23, 2016 (Saturday), 24 (Sunday), will also be held at the "Japan model Hobby Show" Tokyo Big Sight this year.
Bandai Booth soul in the Nations corner, "HI-METAL R" and the beginning of the new line-up announcement of "METAL BUILD", "ROBOT soul" line-up exhibition, such as "DX super alloy", in October held "soul Nation 2016" event such as whole lineup publication of commemorative products, we plan to exhibit the contents of attractions packed.

http://tamashii.jp/event/185/

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2016/09/next-metal-build-release-to-be.html

The next METAL BUILD release will be announced at the upcoming 56th All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2016. Which mobile suit / series would you like to see a release for the METAL BUILD line?

56th All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2016

Venue: Tokyo Big Sight (Tokyo, Japan)

Date: Sept. 23rd - 25th, 2016

*Image below is for reference only. Not confirm as actual release *

Justice

Star build strike gundam

Gundam Wing

Those Silhouette is from those copy pasta ones, so like the site said, it's for REFERENCE ONLY.

I would be really happy if it's Justice.

Edited by F360

• 2 weeks later...

Whoah..................

attachicon.gif1518303_1474919836097971_1114792391039529288_o.jpg

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-1/不斷更新-hobby-japan-2016年11月號-玩具內容/

Since its one of the tiniest of the Gundam's it should be cheaper than regular MB's right? :D:D:D

I would hope so, but you know the msrp will be over 20k.

A quick translation

From "Mobile Suit Gundam F91", the advent !! each part gimmick to protagonist machine Gundam F91 is METAL BUILD incorporated into new ideas of Kunio Okawara teacher of mechanic designer, it still unprecedented F91 is and reveal the figure. For more information in the next issue!

Edited by F360

That's a pleasant surprise. I thought F91 is one of the least iconic ones just behind Gundam X and V Gundam.

I personally like F91 very much as it was the current Gundam when I first got into Gundam as a kid in the early 90s.

So the first UC Metal Build, not GFFMC and not Katoki.

I still need a GFFC or Metal Build Sinanju.

Such a surprise to go UC, and excactly what I think a lot of us hoped they'd do. Anything other than Seed and 00 xforever.

SInce Metal Build is focused more on the AU timelines, I'd like to see Bandai do ∀ Gundam.

I do not think they specifically ever said it was focused on AU, and technically Turn A is sort of murky if its AU, UC, or something else - kinda like G Reco, but whatever that's getting too nerdy. Technically they also released the random as hell FMP mecha too.

I know they have tried to have the GFFMC line propped up as the UC toy line, but the Line has been so weird with its parade of Unicorn releases and re-releases. The lone bright spot being the RX-78-2 The Origin version, which is awesome. Would like there to be MB's covering the entire spectrum - it is by far the most collectible of the GUNDAM toy line (sorry robot spirits).

Stoked for this release, unconventional and totally breaks the mold of the atypical releases!

Disappointed that the Metal Build is not the Lancelot Albion, Bandai previewed this together with the ARX-8 back then.

And I do not understand why Bandai to this day has not released a MB or Metal Composite Nu/Hi-Nu Gundam, the king of all Gundams!?

..and an MB Sazabi. :wub:

I like that we are getting a F91 MB but at the same time I'm a little confused by the design decisions. I guess they had Okawara go back and redesign it a bit for the new MB but something just feels off, this F91 is almost too angular with weird ridges all over the original sleek design. The sideskirts are pointy, the shoulders have this weird raise around the insignias, the chest comes to a point where it used to be a flat edge and the VSBRs are kind of a mess near the top. Mini rant over and at the end of the day I'll probably still get this since I love the F91s overall design.

Not way excited about the updates in the F91's design either. The rails on the sides of the torso that allow the VSBR's to swing forward seem almost non-existent on the metal build, and the angled out chest grill needs to be flattened out as per the original design. The scary thing is that if they choose to go with the 1/100 scale that the metal build has been using, then this guy is going to be real small.

Edited by whitestar

SInce Metal Build is focused more on the AU timelines, I'd like to see Bandai do ∀ Gundam.

You could always track down the old NMM version:

1/100? check

Nicely finished? Check

Made of metal? Check (TITANIUM!!)

It's not without it's faults, but displays well with the other 1/100 Gundam gokins that Bandai made. Be warned though, shoulder pauldrons are kind of frigile.

Edited by warrhead

RD FAG is up for preorder! I was still a bit way about RD since they still haven't done a lot of units already covered by MSIA/EMSIA, HCM Pro etc but this take the cake. It has removable armor and awesome effect parts. After the Guncannon and now this I'm finally glad I started picking up some of this line.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-023078&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dfull+armor+gundam%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

• 2 weeks later...

the first gimmick is interesting. Photo etch parts on the inner detail of toy. I hope this get implemented in some of their MG kit (maybe starting ver. ka). The rest is just a modern toy implementation that has been done before.

Edited by chyll2