Still waiting for MB Strike Gundam with all 3 striker packs or Perfect Strike Gundam. :p

If they will release aile strike as MB, then the blue frame might get the Blue Frame D, since they already got the Astray Mold and Aile, they just need to produce the pointy bits here and there lol.

Very much looking forward to this, the Exia and Repair III remains my favorite Metal Build release (the Gundam's design). So much so that it's the only "extra" MISB Metal Build that I have left (sold all of my others) and refuse to sell.

The one I have open/displayed actually get's time out of the Detolf for play every now and again too.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Does anyone here think the pre-order for the GFFMC on Kombini is legit? And what is up with the shipping estimate? I really need to source at least one of them to add to my Unicorn collection.

i havent ordered from them but try asking in the HMR thread as i believe some may have ordered regults from them

Does anyone here think the pre-order for the GFFMC on Kombini is legit? And what is up with the shipping estimate? I really need to source at least one of them to add to my Unicorn collection.

They're Legit, the people that order their stuff seem to get them.

But I'm pretty sure more open preorders will pop up near release date at HLJ.

BBTS might have more spots open near or at release date too. since I'm sure some will cancel.

There's also ekinghtmedia.com. They are legit and their customer service is pretty nice.

They still have the preorder open, but it's not 100% guarantee since it's after their close date.

But you can email them and ask, I did that on some other figure and they reply back with pretty much 100% they will have enough stock. I then place the preorder and sure enough I got my item when it was released.

http://www.eknightmedia.com/gundam-unicorn-gundam-3rd-unit-phenex-g-f-f-m-c-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

It's $199 with free shipping

Here's their FAQ

Pre-Order Questions
Do I pay immediately for pre-orders ?
No, we do no charge your payment when you place pre-order order. When we have the item available to ship, we will email you and also send you paypal invoice for the order payment.
What is Closing Date ?
Any pre-order placed after the closing date is not guaranteed to be fulfilled. If you want your preorder guaranteed, please place the order before closing date. However, most of the time we reserve more quantity from the manufacturer to cover orders that are placed after closing date, therefore, please email us to inquiry if you are concerned about the availability for order placed after closing date.
What is Release Date ?
Release Date is the approximate date when the item should be available. It may be earlier or delayed depending on the manufacturer's availability.
Can I cancel Pre-order ?
Yes, you can cancel your pre-order anytime between order placed and before we send invoice requesting payment. You just need to email us and let us know the item and order Id you want to cancel.

GGinfinte has it too for $198 with Free shipping but payment is up front.

http://www.gginfinite.com/products/g-f-f-metal-composite-unicorn-gundam-unit-3-phenex

Guest davidwhangchoi

(posted in the Gundam show thread as well)

Crossbone Gundam big announcement coming next month

KSXqhSA.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Thanks for the tips F360.

I got my shipping notice for my red frame and backpack flight unit from CDJ, I forgot to even look at my inbox yesterday and noticed HS has requested payment for my second set of these, will get that paid ASAP lol.

Edited by Loop

It's like Christmas today for me, HLJ just billed me for the high resolution model Gundam Barbados. I want to ship it with my Arcadia VF-4 but think I might hold out until the Cosmo fleet special SDF-1 is released so I can ship all 3 together.

Edited by Loop

Some of my items were 1 day from the 60 days limit so i shipped a bunch of stuff earlier in the week :angry:

So now the HLJ Gundams will most likely be waiting at the Warehouse until my other 60 days is up.

Beside that, got Metal Build coming from Amiami and the HR model from Hobbysearch :)

Yen to dollar is looking good too :)

Review of the High Resolution Barbatos by hacchaka

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51975367.html

attachicon.gif91a66dfe.jpg

Very cool - thanks for posting F360, honestly I'm a bit more excited for the High Resolution Barbatos than I am for the Red Frame.

It doesn't look too out of place next to the MB Strike Freedom or Exia in the pictures and hopefully it displays well with them in person. But if not, it's not that expensive a gamble for me to have bought one with the idea of a not-Metal Build assembly toy/model hybrid.

-b.

wow! this is expensive, is this as good as metal builds? looks to be more expensive than MB red frame .

The price on these Metal composite Unicorns are slowly climbing , but they are adding more accessories,(extra shields) :p

This is pretty much a repaint of their MC Banshee Norn but with 2 shields :) (which was 19,000)

They don't have much diecast and isnt as posable as a Metal Build. It feels almost like a prebuild model kit but with some diecast parts, plus painting, lining decals, etc. Looks very good and they can Transform, which is always a plus in Gundam.

The price on these Metal composite Unicorns are slowly climbing , but they are adding more accessories,(extra shields) :p

This is pretty much a repaint of their MC Banshee Norn but with 2 shields :) (which was 19,000)

They don't have much diecast and isnt as posable as a Metal Build. It feels almost like a prebuild model kit but with some diecast parts, plus painting, lining decals, etc. Looks very good and they can Transform, which is always a plus in Gundam.

thanks, yeah i see banshee norm on amazon for about 150... not digging it too much.

Not a fan of the Gundam Fix Metal Composite releases at all, F360 hit the nail on the head with his description and I'm glad I sold my Unicorn years ago. Metal Build all the way for me.

-b.

Personally I like the GFFMC toys, they present me with a way to have the unicorn suits on display without having to build kits. They have nice detailing and tons of accessories, I think the high cost of the phenex may be related to the gold coloring maybe. I don't remember the older releases costing this much. The GFFMC Unicorn variants are not as playable as the Metal Builds but they sure display well. I still have not played with my RX-78-2 The Origin but from the pics I have seen it looks like it is more pose able than the unicorn models. It might have some thing to do with the design though as I don't think the unicorn kits have any more pose ability either, but the GFFMC appear to be more playable than the kits.

So what is this other Unicorn shown above in the magazine scans? It looks like a reissue of the awakening version, but I cannot tell if it is supposed to be another version.

Edited by Loop

Personally I like the GFFMC toys, they present me with a way to have the unicorn suits on display without having to build kits. They have nice detailing and tons of accessories, I think the high cost of the phenex may be related to the gold coloring maybe. I don't remember the older releases costing this much. The GFFMC Unicorn variants are not as playable as the Metal Builds but they sure display well. I still have not played with my RX-78-2 The Origin but from the pics I have seen it looks like it is more pose able than the unicorn models. It might have some thing to do with the design though as I don't think the unicorn kits have any more pose ability either, but the GFFMC appear to be more playable than the kits.

So what is this other Unicorn shown above in the magazine scans? It looks like a reissue of the awakening version, but I cannot tell if it is supposed to be another version.

Personally I like the GFFMC too, probably because I'm use to the older GFF which you just post it and leave it. :)

Their MSRP is jumping up 2000 yen , but HLJ does offer the most discount on them. The Unicorn scan from the Magazine looks like a repaint in a more darker prism coating and have 3 shields :D MSRP 27000

The design of the unicorn gundam does make it harder to pose and I remember the first Master grade sucks at posing due to the transformation gimmick, but newer version fixed it a bit, but the posably is still lacking. definitely the design of the Unicorn Gundam.

The Rx-78-2 The Origin is definite the most playable one, it'll give the Metal Build a run for all categories, and even excel in some.

It's kinda like the MB Exia, or should I say , the Exia is kinda like the RX-78-2 ,since it this Metal Composite was release before MB Exia.

post-2743-0-25927700-1459019148_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-93738100-1459019137_thumb.jpg

Wow , nippon-yasan sure doesn't wait to boost up the price.

Metal Build ASTRAY RED Frame is instock but already at 23,000 yen :ph34r:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/14410-metal-build-gundam-astray-red-frame.html

One sold on Mandarake last night for 22,000 JPY. So sounds about right.

-b.

*edit to add - Metal Build's also seem to immediately jump in price, which kind of sucks because it seems that Bandai doesn't do a straight apple to apple re-release

Edited by Kanedas Bike