New Gundam FIX and ZEONOGRAPHY on the way...

more great gundam fix news looks like the ZZ is next, i wonder if it will be a retooled normal ZZ without the armor as it appearered in the first half of the series or just a color variant of the #0005 FAZZ in the Red white and Blue color scheme

hobby link japan

I also picked up the August issue of HJ yesterday and I gotta say there are two things that are bugging me about the F90. Firstly, the head sculpt just doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it, but something looks off.

Graham

I think you have something there, Graham - I used to have a giant poster of the F-91 and there is something odd about that GFF version. Unfortunately I don't have the poster anymore, but what it looks like to me is that they ran out of space to get in all the head "shape"...

Look what's coming to dinner.......

At Noda-ya, the following new releases are listed:

GFF #0023 ZZ Gundam (convertible to Full Armor ZZ, 3,864 yen, end of October)

GFF #0024 Hyaku Shiki (convertible to both Hyaku Shiki Kai and Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai, 5,775 yen, end of December)

Double set Zeonography figures (convertible to Desert Type, 7,728 yen, end of November)

Zeonography #3005a Zaku II F2 type (yellow)

Zeonography #3005b Zaku II F2 type (green)

Edit: And I even linked MAHQ pics.......'cus that's the kinda guy I am. B)):p

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Look what's coming to dinner.......

At Noda-ya, the following new releases are listed:

GFF #0023 ZZ Gundam (convertible to Full Armor ZZ, 3,864 yen, end of October)

GFF #0024 Hyaku Shiki (convertible to both Hyaku Shiki Kai and Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai, 5,775 yen, end of December)

Double set Zeonography figures (convertible to Desert Type, 7,728 yen, end of November)

Zeonography #3005a Zaku II F2 type (yellow)

Zeonography #3005b Zaku II F2 type (green)

Edit: And I even linked MAHQ pics.......'cus that's the kinda guy I am. B)):p

Looks like I'm saving up for the Hyaku Shiki :p

This is the first time I see the Hyaku Shiki Kai with full armor :blink:

Gunota has also posted an article of a Osaka's store "Gundam's".

While scrolling through the pics, this was found in the FIX pics.......looks like the FAZZ to me in the back-left. :D

Back left? Back right has the only FAZZ in that pic (the back left has the Mudrock, and the RX-78-4 and -5) - though, that FAZZ looks like the Sentinel version - #0005 - that was released at the tail end of 2001 (you can see the upper legs are grey, not white like they should be on the normal FAZZ).

**holds up right and left hands while extending thumb and index finger, puts them together and...**

Oh yeah, that is the right!! :blink:

.. and premature posting has foiled me yet again :( . I just get so dang excited!

I'm just going to guess here, but i have a feeling that the upcoming GFF ZZ is just going to be a tv colors repaint of the original GFF, there aren't really all that many differences between the toy and regular ZZ, though supposedly the FAZZs in the sentinel story were considerably different from the tv version.

the hyaku shiki is extremely tempting, though the full armor Kai version will be a tough sell. the plain Kai version is pretty nice though. i'm going to hold off my opinion until they actually have a prototype to show us.

I have a resin kit of the Shiki Kai Full Armor, and it's a pretty impressive, especially the huge Sentinel-esque rifle that comes with it. It will be interesting to see the Katoki changes to it and if the keep the rifle or change it.

I had a hunch the next GF was going to be the Hi-Nu, but maybe they'll wait a few more releases before that one. Maybe a Gundam MK-III too.

maybe we will get a gouf flight and a EZ8 the EZ8 had better be convertible between the RX-79 the Hyaku Shiki looks awesome 3 configurations :o wow , i hope the normal shiki comes with the Mega launcher , looks like it is going to be a really good year for fix owners

chris

I'm just going to guess here, but i have a feeling that the upcoming GFF ZZ is just going to be a tv colors repaint of the original GFF, there aren't really all that many differences between the toy and regular ZZ, though supposedly the FAZZs in the sentinel story were considerably different from the tv version.

OK I am confused... I thought the only GFF ZZs released so far is the Sentinel FAZZ. Which "original GFF" ZZ are you referring to?

he is talking about the new Gundam Fix number #0022 is going to be the normal ZZ gundam , i was wondering if it is going to be a repaint of the original #0005 Ful armor ZZ or a retooled version for the new release , and he was saying there is not much difererence between the 2 releases so it will be a simply a repaint of the orginal #0005 full armor ZZ. there is some difference on the heads however and the gun that becomes the cockpit.

yeah, i guess i should have been clearer. the original GFF ZZ i mentioned (#0005) is the one in sentinels colors.

and i was suggesting that the new one is going to be the same mold, with few, if any, changes. the FAZZ in the sentinels story is supposedly very different from the TV version, namely that armor was a permanent part of the MS, as opposed being bolt on like the TV version, and GFF #0005.

Could you strip the original GFF Sentinel FAZZ down to a ZZ? I never opened mine but I didn't think it was an option.

yeah, it came as the 'enhanced ZZ' with the armor off.

Edited by motley

GUNOTA has some picture links for the newcomers.

They look decent. Be interesting to see how they do the plating on the Shiki ........and........... the Rick Dom's skirt doesn't look big enough, IMHO.

But who asked me anyway?!?! :blink:

nice i cannot tell if the ZZ is a new sculpt or not, and the rickdom is only a normal MSIA so i am not expecting a accurate sculpt anyhow

chris

the new shiki fix is cool it can convert between 3 different versions of the shiki .the shiki normal, shiki Kai and the heavy armor shiki (not the name I cannot remember it) this will be a nice big gundam fix set, i hope the armor is cromed and not just yellow plastic.

if it's not in chrom then it'll most likely be in a metallic gold color

after announcing the Hyaku Shiki FIX does that mean bandai hinting at a possible Hyaku Shiki Kai MG release? :rolleyes: i guess it's just wishful thinking...but it doesn't hurt to dream, right? :rolleyes:

i can't afford the extra 100+ just for conversion parts <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

i do not think there was any reason in particilar, thats just what they came up with :p

i do not think there was any reason in particilar, thats just what they came up with :p

Damn it, why do they make me think and waste time on this type of matters....

They could have easily call it Fix #00000000001 :p:p

I bet the GFF ZZ will just be a repaint of the FAZZ GFF. Of course Bandai will still have to sculpt some new parts for it, like the ZZ's arm shields, which were not included on the FAZZ. And the ZZ's head is slightly different to the FAZZ head as well.

I seriously doubt that Bandai will go to the expense of retooling to make a transformable ZZ GFF, especially as they already have the transformable Kahen-Senshi ZZ Gundam, which by all accounts is a very good toy.

And I hope that the Zeonography line is gong to get out of this Zaku/Dom rut soon. They really need to start making some more interesting figures, like a Gauf Custom, convertible to the Gauf Flight, a Kampher and of course the Xeku Eines and Zwei from Sentinel.

Graham

This might be a silly questions to some. But, why do they call Zakus/Enemy mechs as being Zenography. Where as Gundam figures are call Fix.

Just something I was wondering....

The Gundam FIX Figuration line started as toys based on the CG arts featured in Katoki's Gundam FIX column from Newtype magazine, which was later compiled and released in art book form. As the original book featured nothing but Gundams, they couldn't really release non-Gundam toys in the line, thus a separate name for the Zeon designs, never mind the fact that the GFF line now features many designs that never appeared in the Gundam FIX book.

i got really bored earlier and made a comparison picture for the Hyaku Shiki/Kai

since i couldn't find any good pictures of either suit online i decided to use a couple models from this site...the comparison is so unfair it's not even funny :p

here's the link to the modeling site....this is also where i got the Wing Zero custom (made from the MG Wing Ver. KA kit)

http://pine.zero.ad.jp/~zag41409/public_html/index.html

post-26-1089938064_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

This might be a silly questions to some.  But, why do they call Zakus/Enemy mechs as being Zenography.  Where as Gundam figures are call Fix. 

Just something I was wondering....

The Gundam FIX Figuration line started as toys based on the CG arts featured in Katoki's Gundam FIX column from Newtype magazine, which was later compiled and released in art book form. As the original book featured nothing but Gundams, they couldn't really release non-Gundam toys in the line, thus a separate name for the Zeon designs, never mind the fact that the GFF line now features many designs that never appeared in the Gundam FIX book.

Thanks,

I always thought that it was "Zenography". After watching Gundam movie, I realize what "Zeon" is.... Now, the word "Zeongraphy" makes sense.

i got really bored earlier and made a comparison picture for the Hyaku Shiki/Kai

since i couldn't find any good pictures of either suit online i decided to use a couple models from this site...the comparison is so unfair it's not even funny  :p

here's the link to the modeling site....this is also where i got the Wing Zero custom (made from the MG Wing Ver. KA kit)

http://pine.zero.ad.jp/~zag41409/public_html/index.html

Great.......... and better than comparing the lineart! :D

OK, well since I started this thread with some MSiA info, I'm going to add some new release info from GUNOTA. How do you like that? Huh?

MSiA Rick Dom (1,575 yen, middle of October)

MSiA GM & Escape Launch (1,575 yen, middle of November)

MSiA Prototype Gundam (with TIN Cod, 1,575 yen, middle of December)

MSiA Blitz Gundam (1,260 yen, middle of November)

MSiA Duel Gundam (1,260 yen, middle of December)

..and from SEED 2...

MSiA Blast Impulse Gundam (middle of November, 1,500 yen)

MSiA Saviour Gundam (middle of November, 1,500 yen)

MSiA Chaos Gundam (middle of December, 1,500 yen)

MSiA Abyss Gundam (middle of December, 1,500 yen)

MSiA Gaia Gundam (middle of December, 1,500 yen)

MAHQ has lineart for the Impulse as of now:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-destiny/index.htm

and here's info from Gunota on the others:

SEED Destiny Gundams?

There's a number of rumors about SEED Destiny at the moment but the big one that just popped up in Japan is details about other Gundams. It's not clear to me if these are all confirmed (though the Impulse variations have been mentioned elsewhere before now) so take the new ones with a grain of salt. From Pam's Homepage...

Blast Impulse Gundam - The Impulse's Silhouette equivalent to the Strike's Launcher equipment. Has shoulder-mounted missle pods (Not mentioned is the 3rd variation which has been brought up at a few places like Gundam Imperfect Web: The unsurprising Sword Impulse Gundam).

Saber Gundam (the kana could also be interpreted as "Saviour Gundam") - Transforms into a flight form mobile armor.

Chaos Gundam - Transforms into a mobile armor whose appearance can be likened to the Bigro.

Abyss Gundam - Transforms into a disc shape.

Gaia Gundam - Transforms into a 4-legged mobile armor. This is described as being similar to the "LaGOWE that appeared in Dendoh". Not quite sure what that means but someone on a 2ch thread pointed to this pic to try and shed some light on things.

..and from SEED 2...

MSiA Blast Impulse Gundam (middle of November, 1,500 yen)

MSiA Saviour Gundam (middle of November, 1,500 yen)

MSiA Chaos Gundam (middle of December, 1,500 yen)

MSiA Abyss Gundam (middle of December, 1,500 yen)

MSiA Gaia Gundam (middle of December, 1,500 yen)

MAHQ has lineart for the Impulse as of now:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-destiny/index.htm

and here's info from Gunota on the others:

SEED Destiny Gundams?

There's a number of rumors about SEED Destiny at the moment but the big one that just popped up in Japan is details about other Gundams. It's not clear to me if these are all confirmed (though the Impulse variations have been mentioned elsewhere before now) so take the new ones with a grain of salt. From Pam's Homepage...

Blast Impulse Gundam - The Impulse's Silhouette equivalent to the Strike's Launcher equipment. Has shoulder-mounted missle pods (Not mentioned is the 3rd variation which has been brought up at a few places like Gundam Imperfect Web: The unsurprising Sword Impulse Gundam).

Saber Gundam (the kana could also be interpreted as "Saviour Gundam") - Transforms into a flight form mobile armor.

Chaos Gundam - Transforms into a mobile armor whose appearance can be likened to the Bigro.

Abyss Gundam - Transforms into a disc shape.

Gaia Gundam - Transforms into a 4-legged mobile armor. This is described as being similar to the "LaGOWE that appeared in Dendoh". Not quite sure what that means but someone on a 2ch thread pointed to this pic to try and shed some light on things.

Not surprising that the Impulse will use variants of the previous three strike modes, but we can expect a couple more as well. I would expect to see an IWSP equivalent in the future. Also if the Impulse uses a core fighter then extra cores may be able to hook up to equipment like the Sky Graspers did with the left over Strike Packs. The earlier "splits in three" thing sounds like the original gundam. Core Fighter + two halves. I just hope they don't revert to G-Armor type stuff using the leg section, or torso on different armor pieces. That would stink.

Saber/Savior sounds like a Zeta-ish mobile suit, maybe have traits of the Wing or Raider.

Chaos sound like an Aegis upgrade.

Abyss a Forbidden udgrade, maybe similar to the Pheyos valkyrie.

The Gaia sounds like it could be a take on the BuCUE land mobile suit, that was the only 4-legged mecha in Seed.

Definately need to see some lineart on these. Interesting take to have so many transforming mecha off the bat. Now we need a bad guy with funnels.

Another thing we need to know is wether these are the main kick-off five, or if there are enemy mecha mixed into this just announced lineup. Chaos and Abyss are odd names for good guy mecha, but we did already have a Deathscythe so it's possible.

BTW: the Seed Destiny site is active now. link

It's actually not a bad idea to have natural evolutions of some of Seed's suits incorporated into the lineup. It's only been two years anyway.

May even see some of the previous as well yet. Buster and Duel were quite repairable. Strike Rouge didn't have a scratch on it. Freedom is hard to tell from it's condition at the end, but possible (Lacus does have a lot of clout to be able to have it repaired/rebuilt for Kira), though I expect Kira will have taken a "retired" stance, and not fight much for a while.

I really want to see more on how they take this new show.

With quality Artwork, the Impulse doesn't look half bad at all.

post-26-1089990320_thumb.gif

Edited by Anubis

It's actually not a bad idea to have natural evolutions of some of Seed's suits incorporated into the lineup.  It's only been two years anyway. 

With quality Artwork, the Impulse doesn't look half bad at all.

Natural evolution is a design philosophy that Okawara does not subscribe to, and so is not present in SEED D. What we have here is merely a recycling of parts. There is no evolution to be found. Evolution can be found in Gundam Wing, where Katoki took the Tallgeese, stripped it down into the Leo, and then evolved it while keeping common features. Evolution can be found in Gundam 0083, where Katoki took the GM Type C, created the Powered GM, and then incorporated Powered GM aesthetics into the GM Custom--then took the GM Custom plus the Gundam Stamen, with a bit of the Gundam mk.II, and molded it into the GM Quel. In contrast, all that Okawara did here was to recycle the same design aesthetics and parts he's been using for 12 years, mixed in with ripoffs of other designers (for example, Gaia Gundam's four-legged transformation is merely a rehash of the Death Army from G). Fire this man already.

It looks like Bandai is trying to recreate Zeta, and it will not work. Period.

Thank God for the existence of Studio Reckless.