Boy was I wrong.....

jessiedart

I received my 1st 1/48 Today, A VF-1S Roy arrived and I dont know what to say. I was the biggest Chunky monkey 1/55 Bandai fan and was a avid Yamato 1/60 hater. I was on the fence for over a year on the 1/48 but when I saw the Fast packs i decided to take the plunge. Yea I think its over priced by about $30 or 40 bucks but when i look at it the rest of my collection of all the 1/60's and 1/55's just look sooooo bad. This is the best looking Valk ever and I cant believe how much I love it. It really makes me want to dump the entire collection and just keep the 1/48's, really I just look at it and say what do I need any other Valk for, this is the reference.

Im going to get them all....dam you Yamato!!

Im glad it has no diecast, no leg smashing clang like my 1/60's and the sculpt is dead on.

I just really had no idea how great it looks in person...

Im totally satisfied :)

Another satisfied customer. I Feel the same way. I have several 1/48's and they make my other valks seem so inadequate. I still enjoy my 1/60's but the bandai's look so dated in comparison to both the 1/60 and the 1/48.

Yes the 1/48 is probably the best valkyrie toy hands down. However I just can't get over people saying that they'll dump their bandai 1/55s and or their 1/60s. I was shocked to hear Graham dump his Bandai Elint after getting the Yamato. I've got a some 1/48s next to 1/55s, 1/60s and HCM 1/72s on display and I like'm all. I like each type in it's own way. Each one was awesome in its time (to me will always be great) and represents an era of the Macross hobby. I dunno... it kinda feels like dissing the greatness of your ancestors ( lol ). I suppose I'm a completist. I find some beauty in all things Macross. I'm also just greatful that such things exist and having the means to acquire them.

Edited by StealthLurker

I received my 1st 1/48 Today, A VF-1S Roy arrived and I dont know what to say. I was the biggest Chunky monkey 1/55 Bandai fan and was a avid Yamato 1/60 hater. I was on the fence for over a year on the 1/48 but when I saw the Fast packs i decided to take the plunge. Yea I think its over priced by about $30 or 40 bucks but when i look at it the rest of my collection of all the 1/60's and 1/55's just look sooooo bad. This is the best looking Valk ever and I cant believe how much I love it. It really makes me want to dump the entire collection and just keep the 1/48's, really I just look at it and say what do I need any other Valk for, this is the reference.

Im going to get them all....dam you Yamato!!

Im glad it has no diecast, no leg smashing clang like my 1/60's and the sculpt is dead on.

I just really had no idea how great it looks in person...

Im totally satisfied :)

Welcome to the 1/48 lovers club :D

Graham

Yes the 1/48 is probably the best valkyrie toy hands down. However I just can't get over people saying that they'll dump their bandai 1/55s and or their 1/60s. I was shocked to hear Graham dump his Bandai Elint after getting the Yamato.

:D

Maybe Graham knows something that we don't? hehehehe

Perhaps there's the 1/48 VT and VE somewhere in the R&D stages?!

Well, welcome the 1/48 club!!!! My only complaint is still is: THE BOX IS TOO BIG!!!

Paulo

Another satisfied customer. I Feel the same way. I have several 1/48's and they make my other valks seem so inadequate. I still enjoy my 1/60's but the bandai's look so dated in comparison to both the 1/60 and the 1/48.

Hahahaha....satisfied customer? Maybe satisfied fan!

Wait about 20 more years later, and our Yamato 1/48 will be vintage toys...

Can anyone imagine what would happen in 20 years? Maybe these toys will AUTO TRANSFORM on voice command!!!

and add a magnetic base, and maybe the toy will float?

Okay, back to reality!!!

Paulo

I never did like the chunky monkeys, even back in the 80’s. I had friends that had 1\55s but I never wanted any, I thought they looked like whey rode the short buss to school!

I was (at the time) RT fan and there just not very much as far as toys, but I still wouldn’t buy one. Now I have three 1\48s and I’ll but at least one of every one released!

Welcome aboard the 1/48 Express to Bankruptcy!

This will probably drive StealthLurker nuts. . . but I too am seriously considering dumping my whole Bandai collection. Possibly even my SuperOstrich (w/out FAST packs) and my GBP-1S armor. Those puppies would help pay for some more 1/48 goodness!

But perhaps my childhood nostalgia will allow me to hang on to them.

Best Regards,

H

Yes the 1/48 is probably the best valkyrie toy hands down. However I just can't get over people saying that they'll dump their bandai 1/55s and or their 1/60s. I was shocked to hear Graham dump his Bandai Elint after getting the Yamato.

Maybe Graham knows something that we don't? hehehehe

Perhaps there's the 1/48 VT and VE somewhere in the R&D stages?!

Well, welcome the 1/48 club!!!! My only complaint is still is: THE BOX IS TOO BIG!!!

Paulo

Nope, no 1/48 VE-1 & VT-1 in development yet as far as I know. Who knows what the future may hold though! I agree that they would be ultra-sweet in 1/48 scale.

Basically, my Bandai VE-1 and VT-1 (sold both now) had just been sitting in my closet unloved and unplayed with for the last 3-4 years just taking up valuable space. So as I needed more money to feed my 1/48 love, I had no second thoughts or regrets about offloading them. I won't miss them either.

Graham

Ya unloaded all of my 1/55s (originals and reissues). Some of the money used to buy 1/48s :o I've sold most of my 1/60's too. Some of that money used for 1/48s as well :o

I wouldn't mind seeing a Super O in 1/48. The only problem(for me) is spending all that money just to leave it in fighter mode. That's why I'm undecided on the 1/60 Super O. The battroid mode looks like an after thought.

Edited by dejr8bud

Ya unloaded all of my 1/55s (originals and reissues). Some of the money used to buy 1/48s :o I've sold most of my 1/60's too. Some of that money used for 1/48s as well :o

I wouldn't mind seeing a Super O in 1/48. The only problem(for me) is spending all that money just to leave it in fighter mode. That's why I'm undecided on the 1/60 Super O. The battroid mode looks like an after thought.

I say go for the 1/60 Super Ostrich. It looks loverly in fighter mode.

Graham

fp-6.jpg

My 1st 1/48 valkyrie was also VF-1S Roy, despite all these QC issues I read from the forum, I still purchased one and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I used to have a 1/60 VF-1A MAX which I think is comparatively ugly , that's why I sold it afterwards. Later on, I bought a 1/48 MAX, not only it looks better than the 1/60 one, but also comes with the improved features of the 1/48 valks.

Hopefully I can afford this 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru , I will then leave them in three different modes , without doing further transformation, that will still give me a simultaneous display of all three modes. :rolleyes: Just waiting for my FPs from HLJ (which are already shipped), with them on, these 1/48 valks look awesome. ;)

Now, I just need to establish a 1/48 valks foundation fund to ease off my debts. :(...........any donation? :D

Edited by wasabi-elephant

The first valkyrie in the house was a 1/60 Roy. I wasn't too impressed with it, but I can't complain its my brothers. :p Then I got my 1/48 and just taking it out of box in fighter mode gave me shivers about how much like the anime it looks.

Another satisfied customer.  I Feel the same way.  I have several 1/48's and they make my other valks seem so inadequate.  I still enjoy my 1/60's but the bandai's look so dated in comparison to both the 1/60 and the 1/48.

Hahahaha....satisfied customer? Maybe satisfied fan!

Wait about 20 more years later, and our Yamato 1/48 will be vintage toys...

Can anyone imagine what would happen in 20 years? Maybe these toys will AUTO TRANSFORM on voice command!!!

and add a magnetic base, and maybe the toy will float?

Okay, back to reality!!!

Paulo

Why are you think ing about 20 years from now? The real ones will be out in six years, after all! :lol:

Welcome aboard. I'm a recent inductee into the 1/48 cult myself (VF-1A Low Vis) and must agree that this thing blows everything else way out of the water. Now that Yamato has you hook, line and sinker be prepared to eat nothing but canned beens for the foreseable future. :D

I say go for the 1/60 Super Ostrich. It looks loverly in fighter mode.

Graham

fp-6.jpg

ACK! Man, I dunno about 'loverly'... but it definitly looks plain & 'plastic-y'!!! <_< It needs some serious detailin'!!! Since the Super O & Elint look best in fighter mode, IMO, I think I'll stick w/ the Hasegawa kits. The Yamatos are nice for non-modelers, but they need a lil' TLC to look their best. At least some panel lines!!!

Graham, put a bug in Yamato's ear 'bout makin' the Super O & ELint in 1/48 and then you'll have my attention! :lol:

But to get back on topic... I LOVE my 1/48 low viz ('cept for the goober of a fingerprint on the tailfin paint job... WTF?!? I just noticed that!!!)... The 1/48s truly put all other valk 'toys' to shame. But my Chunkey Monkeys still get a place of honor on the display shelf for pure warm 'n' fuzzy nostalgia. Love 'em still!

Nope, no 1/48 VE-1 & VT-1 in development yet as far as I know. Who knows what the future may hold though! I agree that they would be ultra-sweet in 1/48 scale.

Graham

Sorry, just pulling your leg there Graham....!

I just used common sense....Yamato already has the design for the VF-1 for 1/48 scale, so if they just "modified" certain parts of the mold, they could make a VF-1D, and from that, they could go to VE and VT versions. (at least that is what they did on the 1/60 scale)

You know what? These Yamato 1/48 collection are becoming more expensive than the desktop PC that I am using....

Crossing my fingers on the VF-1J and the GBP armor! Before Christmas please!

Paulo

Graham

Sorry, just pulling your leg there Graham....!

I just used common sense....Yamato already has the design for the VF-1 for 1/48 scale, so if they just "modified" certain parts of the mold, they could make a VF-1D, and from that, they could go to VE and VT versions. (at least that is what they did on the 1/60 scale)

You know what? These Yamato 1/48 collection are becoming more expensive than the desktop PC that I am using....

Crossing my fingers on the VF-1J and the GBP armor! Before Christmas please!

Paulo

Crossing my fingers too :) . I just hope Yamato has the Christmas spirit and make the prices a lot lower than retail. YEAH RIGHT <_< !