Mylene Cosplay

cosplaygirl

I dunno, not being exactly the vision of perfection myself, I tend to be easy on people who themselves arent perfect such as Man Faye. Perhaps it wasnt the wisest costume to do for himself, but he had a blast. Actually he falls under D as he is most certainly quite famous now. Perhaps not for the best reasons, but he is famous.

One of my favorite cosplayers is Sakura Will a TALL black man who dresses as Card Captor Sakura and has a blast doing it. Hes a great guy and we all have a lot of laughs at his expense, but its how he wants it.

I dunno, not being exactly the vision of perfection myself, I tend to be easy on people who themselves arent perfect such as Man Faye. Perhaps it wasnt the wisest costume to do for himself, but he had a blast. Actually he falls under D as he is most certainly quite famous now. Perhaps not for the best reasons, but he is famous.

One of my favorite cosplayers is Sakura Will a TALL black man who dresses as Card Captor Sakura and has a blast doing it. Hes a great guy and we all have a lot of laughs at his expense, but its how he wants it.

I understand where you are coming from. But what I meant is that he wasn't exactly doing that for his devotion to the hobby, he was simply trying to have fun. Did her? I don't doubt it. Did the ppl around him? I seriously doubt it. :lol:

Cosplaying is actually a very fun hobby. I have done it myself in more then 1 occasion and I can say making the costume is by far the best fun a person can get out of it. :)

Cosplayers are just into exhibitionism... Why do I drive a loud, guady gold muscle car? Because it screams "look at me, peasants and get the f**k out of my way while you do it!" :p

I only dress up on holloween, but if I where drunk enough I'd go cosplay... It can't be any worse than my "Evil Jesus" costume from a few years back (for those with poor imaginations I dressed in a black robe with a red sash, had a cigar in my mouth, a UZI in my hands and a poor attitude about things... to top it all off my fiancee wore a black and red "naughty french maid" ourfit, carried an M4 and went as my "hench wench"... classic)

Cosplayers are just into exhibitionism... Why do I drive a loud, guady gold muscle car? Because it screams "look at me, peasants and get the f**k out of my way while you do it!" :p

I only dress up on holloween, but if I where drunk enough I'd go cosplay... It can't be any worse than my "Evil Jesus" costume from a few years back (for those with poor imaginations I dressed in a black robe with a red sash, had a cigar in my mouth, a UZI in my hands and a poor attitude about things... to top it all off my fiancee wore a black and red "naughty french maid" ourfit, carried an M4 and went as my "hench wench"... classic)

Gah! You can't tell tales about crazy Halloween nights and not show pictures damnit!! :lol:

Cosplay is like LARPing....sometimes it DOES help when you're a little tipsy....not necessarily smashed.

Is it exhibitionism.....of course. Alot of hobbies are.

I will say that Ive photoed my girlfriend's cosp. groups in the past.....believe me....alot of the guys who cosplay (especially the guys who CROSSPLAY....ugh) get followed around and drooled over by hoards of girls. That can be an incentive for some guys (well....alot of guys probably).

Of course, the funniest thing is watching a crossplayer get hit on by someone of the same sex.....to which I want to tell them...."Guys....girls dont have Adam's Apples.....thats a guy you're drooling over...."

Anyway....cosplaying can be fun I guess.....heck....I reenact....so I dont see what the big deal is about. Of course, there is a line between what I would do (we shoot real guns...with blanks B) ) and cosplaying. At least that is what I tell myself everytime I put on my uniform and go out to shoot some Secesh on the weekends...... :p

People do cosplay for all sorts of reason. I do cosplay in relation to Star Wars characters and comic book heroes. I belong to an imperial cosplay called the 501st Legion that has over 2000 members all over the world. Some people dress up to play out characters that they would not normally dress as in their normal lives. Others do it to get attention and boy, can they get attention. For myself, I participate in this hobby because it allows me to play out characters that I enjoyed as a I child and that I enjoy now. Dressing up with others, I also enjoy the fellowship. The 501st also does community service events (toy drives, hospital events, etc), so I also like using the hobby towards a beneficial end.

Let me give some visual examples. Here is a picture from a hospital visit that I did with some fellow club members at a local Sacramento children's pediatirc wing (I'm the biker scout in the middle).

P01.jpg

Dragon-con, in a Atlanta, GA, can be considered one of the largest costuming gatherings in the US (basically one huge costuming party for four days). Here are a couple attention getters from this past weekend.

DC03Pre37.jpg

DC03Pre15.jpg

And by the way, I have seen my fair share of anime and other types of cross dressing. To each is his own, but I swear that I wanted to gouge out my eyes when I saw one guy dress as Shampoo from Ranma or another time as a sailer scout.

DragonCon eh....lucky dog. I wanted to go again myself....been twice before and had a blast.

And by the way, I have seen my fair share of anime and other types of cross dressing. To each is his own, but I swear that I wanted to gouge out my eyes when I saw one guy dress as Shampoo from Ranma or another time as a sailer scout.

No no...the worst was seen earlier this year at Anime Expo...something many on this board that went can relate to.

the Blond in that pic was nice looking as well!

Cosplaying the character from Sojourn, i believe. nice.

You kidding? She's the hottest of the bunch, even if she is blonde... even if she is blonde

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I don't think that's THE Baroness chick. There's at least 2 "official" ones (the newer one is the hotter one though, by far). That just looks like a good cosplay.

Totally different outfit:

Okay, now SHE'S the hottest of the bunch :lol:

Damn. That's what Cosplay SHOULD be.

Vostok 7

I figured that'd get a response. :) I've got more pics of her.  Will post later.  (The fabric outfit is way better than the hard plastic chest-plate-armor thing)

YES PLEASE.

:lol: :lol:

Vostok 7

yes, do!

Vostok, i think i agree. the Sojourn chick was the hottest in that pic, along with miss Baroness!!!

:o

*respect for MW takes a header*

On a side note: when you do finish your costume, Cosplaygirl, post a photo or two here so we can see your take (although with the preponderence of immature comments, I can see how you might decide not to).

Edited by Phyrox