The Third Party Gundam Thread

38 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

You probably meant RX-78, but if you DID mean RX-79, when and where did you pick it up? Because GUUURRRLLLL I want me some Ground Gundam goodness! /snaps fingers

there's a RX-79 work in progress . not sure when or if it will show up.

006wtZtYgw1f8brobavccj30qo14078o.thumb.jpg.e659496073bed8a4ec1b2e8f0c38f856.jpg006wtZtYgw1f8brod2d32j30qo16hn1z.thumb.jpg.e03ed47188ed8cf8228872bbd6f3729a.jpg

2 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

I'm totally not jealous! Post pics and ur thoughts when u can! 

I was not expecting this to arrive so quickly.

This is as far as I went  tonight.  Early meeting tomorrow. :mellow:

IMG_1341.JPG.9589d3593a5907b5e2c4f96d3d8f71e3.JPGIMG_1342.JPG.8c2ac1eff40eedcf76c9c117b2967f32.JPGIMG_1344.JPG.fca1527ce5ee6028b0ccd0478dcec3a2.JPG

On 5/9/2017 at 2:51 AM, F360 said:

IMG_1341.JPG.9589d3593a5907b5e2c4f96d3d8f71e3.JPGIMG_1342.JPG.8c2ac1eff40eedcf76c9c117b2967f32.JPGIMG_1344.JPG.fca1527ce5ee6028b0ccd0478dcec3a2.JPG

Just bought mine today from Taobao, they'll be restocking around the 15th so probably wont ship until later in the month. 

BTW can the fully assembled 00 Qan an accessories fit in the Qan box or im forever stuck with the Metal Synthetic box to store accessories?

49 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Just bought mine today from Taobao, they'll be restocking around the 15th so probably wont ship until later in the month. 

BTW can the fully assembled 00 Qan an accessories fit in the Qan box or im forever stuck with the Metal Synthetic box to store accessories?

You will need 2 boxes because on the back of bigger OOq box they have the stand and extra ring accessories there.

On 5/8/2017 at 11:51 PM, F360 said:

Congrats F360. Can't wait to see your photos. ;)

I PO'ed mine a long time ago via eBay and the seller, who constantly updating me which is good in my books, told me they're going to ship it this week. They just got their stocks so they're sorting out all the preorders they received. So hopefully it's going to arrive here next week. I hope. ^_^

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

hmm . Was the price much cheaper at Taobao with shipping?  

49 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Congrats F360. Can't wait to see your photos. ;)

I PO'ed mine a long time ago via eBay and the seller, who constantly updating me which is good in my books, told me they're going to ship it this week. They just got their stocks so they're sorting out all the preorders they received. So hopefully it's going to arrive here next week. I hope. ^_^

Yeah , i was all ready to assemble it that night but something came up all of a sudden.  Ill try tonight .

i originally preordered at tf-direct buti cancelled because they ask for extra shipping payment due to 2 boxes instead of 1.   Went the cheaper Ebay route after

6 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Paid only for the figure so far, a hair under $100... shipping im estimating between $30-40

for shipping reference 

The weight of the 2 boxes totals up to 1870g

With the shipping box and bubble wrap, it totals at 2210g

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 8:14 PM, F360 said:

Wow , just received the items today. 
I'm surprised that it went EMS. 
IMG_1340.JPG.a80f03a19c7a6246509762d07f30a00f.JPG

Received mine yesterday. Funny that I didn't get a brown shipper box like yours. I got the actual red box and was bundled with cushion pads only. Hmmm.

1KxJNpd.jpg

RUWyu0a.jpg

Btw, where did you bought this? I got mine from eBay. You think it's ok to complain that I didn't get the brown box from the seller? Basically, all the corners of my box have creases, dents, and small tears.

As for the figure, it looks bigger than the other Qant KO.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Received mine yesterday. Funny that I didn't get a brown shipper box like yours. I got the actual red box and was bundled with cushion pads only. Hmmm.

1KxJNpd.jpg

RUWyu0a.jpg

Btw, where did you bought this? I got mine from eBay. You think it's ok to complain that I didn't get the brown box from the seller? Basically, all the corners of my box have creases, dents, and small tears.

As for the figure, it looks bigger than the other Qant KO.

I brought mines on ebay too . Fast ems shipping too 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/152524404746?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&_mwBanner=1

your seller might have removed the brown box to make it lighter. But since all the moshow stuff seems to come with the brown box , im sure you can contact the seller to complain since its suppose to be new.  But since its the shipper box , they might not offer anything .

49 minutes ago, F360 said:

I brought mines on ebay too . Fast ems shipping too 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/152524404746?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&_mwBanner=1

your seller might have removed the brown box to make it lighter. But since all the moshow stuff seems to come with the brown box , im sure you can contact the seller to complain since its suppose to be new.  But since its the shipper box , they might not offer anything .

Thanks F360! It's still best to ask since it kind of damage the actual box and the price of yours is lower than mine yet you got the shipper box.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Preorder for above model kit at GK-M: http://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p26662593
$80 shipped ($30 + $50 shipping)

Preorder for same kit at Gundam Model Center: http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/gundam-central-dragon-momoko-avalanche-exia-mb
$58 + shipping

I don't know if those prices are final. This IS still the preorder phase. I have a feeling the $80 will be closer to the final price.

7 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

no need to rush for pre-order unless the DM first batch has extra added as premium. There is also another Avalanche Exia coming from Daban branding (and the first batch premium of theirs is the extra parts to build the kit as Exia R1/R2/R3/Avalanche)

There are also a slew of preexisting Avalanche conversion kits, in both resin and injection plastic, though those are for the non-Metal Build-looking Exia MG kit. I believe this will be the first to have the Dash parts as well.

Will the Daban version 1) be Avalanche Dash or just Avalanche? and 2) mimic the styling of the Metal Build or reuse their KO MG Exia? (If it's just MG Exia, that'll at least give this Dragon Momoko a bit more "legitimacy.")

I also wonder how much of these will be straight rips of those earlier Avalanche kits, or if they'll go the extra mile and create their own entirely original toolings.

They are good for the price. It has flaws but nothing to serious that even a beginner modeller can fix.

I had a pleasant experience with their Strike Kit and so-so on the Destiny MB copy kit.

Common issue

a. Polycaps are weaker compared to Bandai (dont ever buy their Tallgeese release, they have the reputation of never standing up)

b. Pegs needs to be trimmed (more so if you plan to snap build first before painting)

c. I dont know the correct term, but there are more swirl mark on the plastic (which can be remedied by both top coat or painting)

d. if you love dry transfer or sticker, it is negative since from what I remember, DM kits comes with Water-slide decals.

e. Promotional pic is always made by seasoned modeller, so some color separation on the promo pics are not separated by parts.(which they provide really ugly metallic sticker sheet)

Edited by chyll2

That looking really good, again. My observation from the KO 00, Prices here in PH have decreased from launch time, might be due to MC flooding the market with it. Second hand price is slashed by a lot and it seems that the price for the Bandai stuff is slightly (if not) affected.

Edit: If they release a SF deactive mode version, I am in for one.

Edited by chyll2

2 hours ago, F360 said:

MC Metal Gear MB Strike Freedom

work in progress pic 

006qKtUHgy1fi7skk1l1lj30qo0zkqa8.thumb.jpg.1877ebd8c948048dc70bc41aa8df5497.jpg

It's nice to know that there will be a cheaper version of this specific model since I didn't get the official one from before. I don't know why. I guess up to now,

I'm really not digging this version of Strike Freedom. But if the price of this one is just around $100 shipped... we'll see. 

it will be probably cost around 120 shipped but expect WoL to be included as well. I had the Bandai PO'd but sold it since the review's I saw where not promising. I cannot really put as well why I dont like it (though it was clear I hate what they did with the shoulders)

So it's an oversize KO metal build Destiny Gundam?

:edit:

actually the body proportions look better than the MB version, but I'm not feeling the panel details, and the backpack is really undersized.

Edited by anime52k8

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

So it's an oversize KO metal build Destiny Gundam?

:edit:

actually the body proportions look better than the MB version, but I'm not feeling the panel details, and the backpack is really undersized.

I have to agree the wings and backpack look too small for the body. Is the V fins supposed to be asymmetrical or is one side just warped? An interesting KO for $210, but I'm not into Seed Destiny enough to make a purchase. 

Speaking of 3rd party gundams whatever happened to that 1/100 kshatriya? 

18 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

I have to agree the wings and backpack look too small for the body. Is the V fins supposed to be asymmetrical or is one side just warped? An interesting KO for $210, but I'm not into Seed Destiny enough to make a purchase. 

Speaking of 3rd party gundams whatever happened to that 1/100 kshatriya? 

The backpack is still 1/100 scale I believe. (Isn't the MB also 1/100 scale?)

As for a Kshatriya, I know there was a 1/100 "MG" kit a couple years ago. Is that the one you're talking about?