YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

This is an awesome piece..but the paint on the black parts can be easily scratch off..especially during transformation.. :(/>

Much of the paint on the back of the valkyrie head had already been scratched off after 1 - 2 transformations.. :angry:/>

Edited by chon1n

This is an awesome piece..but the paint on the black parts can be easily scratch off..especially during transformation.. :(/>

Much of the paint on the back of the valkyrie head had already been scratched off after 1 - 2 transformations.. :angry:/>

extreme thanks, precisely tomorrow i was going to sell one, and needed to transform it in fighter again, thanks to your warning i keept without scratches the head, but it was very difficult, you´re right, the neck it´s really hard to go back to the fighter position, any kind of distraction there will scratch the back of the head, i´m not sure if i did it right because i don´t want to verify opening again ... haha

another problem i´m seeing are the big die cast blocks of the shoulders, the plack paint of them is really easy to scratch while you are transforming it, if the wings aren´t as back as they can do, the pointy plastick scratch a little the black paint of the die cast.

other observation is that seems really fragile... i had only the vf-25s renewal, but not the yf-29, and this one seems much more fragile in parts and paint, this one is hard to transform, is needed a lot of patience, attention and some luck to do it well :p

but unless everything... i love it :3

I'm super careful and gentle when transforming all my valks, but with this one I've badly scraped the collar plate behind the fold quartz as when it closes up, the 2 plates scissor across each other. Also managed to scrape the black section behind the nose too, :(

I'm just gonna get a sharpie and repair the areas that had been scraped off..they should have used a different color plastic instead of painting it..

Just going off the pic he posted above---that's a quite bluish black in that lighting.

Bandai has always had "off" plastic colors---their white is never "pure" nor are their blacks---they love to use "very dark blue" plastic in nearly every Gundam they make. They tend to use green-white or purple-white for "white".

I'm having problems transforming it back to fighter with the shoulders keep on popping out. Is there any video out there to transform the thing properly back to fighter?

yes, the shoulders are tricky, but are exactly the same of the red version :)

just see a video of the transformation on the red one, and will be exactly the same

Edited by Drackie

Well I didn't get the YF-29 after all. :(

After waiting more than a week for my order to ship, I sent an email asking about the status of my order. Got an email last night saying that when they were preparing my order for shipping the Valk was not available anymore. They sent a refund for the item and its portion of the shipping. They also gave me a 10% off coupon for a new order. Bummer. :(

Chris

After waiting more than a week for my order to ship, I sent an email asking about the status of my order. Got an email last night saying that when they were preparing my order for shipping the Valk was not available anymore. They sent a refund for the item and its portion of the shipping. They also gave me a 10% off coupon for a new order. Bummer. :(

Chris

Ouch that sucks dude. I saw the item on HLJ last week as well but it sold out quite fast. I wonder if it was your valk that they released.

Chris

It's still available here in case you really need to have it:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/3243-macross-f-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-valkyrie-30th-anniversary-color.html