WOW. That scene's about as exciting as the hangar scene in Star Wars Episode 4 and the PSX/Saturn opening scene of DYRL...

there is no acceptable Meme for what i want to droll for (maybe on Dangorra or what ever it's called). and there is no plans to port the film/tv what ever to the states sadly?

those videos (especially the Jupiter battle) where F*(*ing A-awesome....

Plus...the Cosmo Zero is still one of my all time favorite fighters...it is just so.....I can't even figure out the words to describe it! Just love it so much. Lol!

Chris

there is no acceptable Meme for what i want to droll for (maybe on Dangorra or what ever it's called). and there is no plans to port the film/tv what ever to the states sadly?

those videos (especially the Jupiter battle) where F*(*ing A-awesome....

No plans whatsoever?! You mean I gotta spend $100 US for each pair of lousy episodes?!

No plans whatsoever?! You mean I gotta spend $100 US for each pair of lousy episodes?!

Only the first volume has 2 episodes, the rest have 4. And yes, it doesn't make it better but at least you have the consolation of japanese quality and they come with some nice art booklets to collect and the wrap around art covers. Doubt any american release would have those.

A few more videos surfaced at Nico Video, 3 are stuff repeated stuff (will go to that), but the other 3 are new and pure gold. Lets start with those:

Ep.04 - Yamamoto takes the Cosmo Zero to stop a tank attack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq9QpEk1X0g&feature=player_embedded

Ep. 05 and 06 - Fan edited scenes featuring the Reflex Gun (note: besides the drooling that this got me to do, spot the massive homage to "Final Yamato", i literaly started clapping when i saw that. Well, played, Mr. Izubushi...well played):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlnrBBDsGwg&feature=player_embedded

Edited by westfall

Ep. 06 - The Yamato takes the battle to the Gamilas (note: notice the Gaiderol's warping, guess that's how the Yamato's warps will look in the future)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7p0fqgaSwI&feature=player_embedded

Now the repeated stuff.

Ep. 03 - Warp briefing, just because the image is now clean, sounds a bit wonky though...

http://youtu.be/5ZJyCZM-gSw

Edited by westfall

The other 2 are part of the video with the battle and WMG firing at the Floating Continent. However, the video was at about 4:3 ratio, these 2 are closer to 16:9, though the bit between the 2 scenes is missing :( Any way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REG7isYOWew&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGC3fpQ8BWs&feature=player_embedded

Go and enjoy these while they're up. :)

I think all the major players have an interest in this, but after all past failed Yamato projects and half finished series I think they are all waiting to see if this series makes it to completion.

If it does there is no doubt in my mind it makes it to the states.

SDFM redone to the standards of Yamato 2199:

post-4560-0-20266000-1342288208_thumb.png

-Kyp

If someone could make this into a rainbow coming from the crotch, then i can declare My Ejaculate is Rainbows...

ok.... questions...

Does the Yamato 2199 version Gun Turrets have the ability to fire two different types of shells? I've noticed that some gun fire looks very old school gun power effects, some fire like old school Yamato TV energy. Derp?

Does the Yamato 2199 version Gun Turrets have the ability to fire two different types of shells? I've noticed that some gun fire looks very old school gun power effects, some fire like old school Yamato TV energy. Derp?

Yep, they sure do - regular shells and shock cannon rounds. Regular shells fire and impact...well, like regular shells. Shock cannon rounds twist together once they've traveled a certain distance to form one beam of gorgeous blue-white death. As to why they twist - if you pause the BD at the right spot you can clearly see that the rifling of the gun barrels is curved to cause this.

For an example of each -

in Ch. 1 regular rounds are used to take down the scout dropship and shock cannon rounds were used against the planet bomb (which was too close for them to have time to twist together).

As has been noted already, only Ch.1 is 2 episodes - the rest are 4 episodes each AND have English subs. This means they arent as expensive as Japanese releases normally are (ie, twice the length as a Gundam Unicorn disc for a similar price) and preordering will knock a good 2000yen off each disc. Alternatively, wait a bit and order 2 or 3 at once to minimize shipping costs. This is an amazing show and is absolutely worth it (I paid similar for each VHS tape of Macross 7 back in the day, raw, damnit! lol).

Unfortunately I cant see the show getting released in the US - if there was a chance of this happening I doubt they would have included the subs. Mecha/SF on tv is the kiss of death these days among younger non Japanese anime fans...sigh.

But hey, at least this way we can support a good series AND get subtitles! Bandai is also doing this with Gundam Ace and (I think) the Gundam Seed remaster boxes - its something they seem to be making a habit of doing on all newer shows that dont have any licensing issues - ie, no Eng. subs on Macross due to the obviouos licensing problems, no subs on the GitS:SAC BD tv boxes since they are guaranteed to come out in the US/rest of the world eventually (although the theatrical and compilation movies all DID have subs, funnily enough).

in Ch. 1 regular rounds are used to take down the scout dropship and shock cannon rounds were used against the planet bomb (which was too close for them to have time to twist together).

Call me nitpicking ass but that wasn't a "Planet Bomb", though the first time they name it the sub does mistankenly name it as such. It's an "Interplanetary Ballistic Missile or, if you preffer the Star Blazers name, Ultra Menace Missile. (this mistake (and just a few others) were confirmed in another forum by the people who actually make the subs and who, in a very sporting way, welcomed the fans corrections :) )

ok... another question? why do the Gamelons look... like white guys now? i though Gamelons were more... smurfy in color?