Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

There's a rumor circulating in 4chan about VF-29 in MacrossF, can someone confirm this?

(Yes I know, *chan is bad for my health <_<)

eidt: uploaded pic

post-653-1214380641_thumb.jpg

Edited by Morpheus

There's a rumor circulating in 4chan about VF-29 in MacrossF, can someone confirm this?

I thought this was a Macross thread? Why do we have Cyclonus from the old Transformers movie? :lol:

Edited by d3v

Notice the text mentions "YF-29" and Macross F in Jap

That fighter design doesn't look variable IMO.

Actually, there seems to be a battriod design for it in the part of the scan that's cut off. For all we know, it could be following in the footsteps of the YF-21/VF-22 in having hidden legs and arms in fighter mode.

Any idea what magazine or book that scan is from?

It looks very similar to the plane design from Engage Project Kissdum.

Graham

He didn't design the Quarter? Who did it then?

Why is Miyatake's name in the staff if he's not designing their cap ships?

He is the design supervisor I believe... (For the Rheas, the destroids and the big ships).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

It was a 4chan joke. That mecha is Kawamori's, but it is from another 2007 anime called Kiss Dum...

Source?

4chan...

I just hope is not another joke...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Yep, definitely the plane from Engage Project Kissdum. I found a couple of pics of the Kissdum plane, which I have attached.

Looking at the scan that Morpheus provided it does look like the text has been doctorred to add the YF-29 and Macross Frontier.

Graham

post-11-1214383327_thumb.gif

post-11-1214383336_thumb.jpg

Any idea what magazine or book that scan is from?

It looks very similar to the plane design from Engage Project Kissdum.

Graham

After checking the official site, I can safely say that it is the plane from Kissdum.

[EDIT]

Gah! Too late!

Edited by d3v

Yep, definitely the plane from Engage Project Kissdum. I found a couple of pics of the Kissdum plane, which I have attached.

Looking at the scan that Morpheus provided it does look like the text has been doctorred to add the YF-29 and Macross Frontier.

Graham

Yes... Like I mentioned before... Shoji Kawamori did the mecha designs. They rock. The fighter is not variable, but the cockpit is a mech and can de-attach from the plane. Interesting concept... ^_^

It seems that show wasn't really that good, but had very nice mecha designs...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Upcoming Episode Titles...

13 "Twilight Planet"

14 "Mother's Lullaby"

15 "Lost Peace"

16 "Ranka Attack"

17 "Good-bye, Sister"

Episode 17 is called "Good-bye, Sister"???? Will Ozma finally get his pineapple salad??? I hope not...

:huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Episode 17 is called "Good-bye, Sister"???? Will Ozma finally get his pineapple salad??? I hope not...

The main question should be who will be giving Ozma his pineapple salad, is it Ranka, Cathy or Bobby?

Upcoming Episode Titles...

13 "Twilight Planet"

14 "Mother's Lullaby"

15 "Lost Peace"

16 "Ranka Attack"

17 "Good-bye, Sister"

I just updated the Wikipedia Macross F page with those... ^_^

The main question should be who will be giving Ozma his pineapple salad, is it Ranka, Cathy or Bobby?

Ranka... And she will sing him "Aimo" while he slowly passes away... *sobs*

:unsure:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Source?

第12話:ファステスト・デリバリー(Fastest Delivery)、2008.06.26

第13話:トワイライト・プラネット(Twilight Planet)、2008.07.03

第14話:マザーズ・ララバイ(Mother's Lullaby)、2008.07.10

第15話:ロスト・ピース(Lost Peace)、2008.07.17 (予定)

第16話:ランカ・アタック(Ranka Attack)、2008.07.24 (予定)

第17話:グッバイ・シスター(Goodbye, Sister)、2008.07.31 (予定)

http://www.data.gov.cn/uploadme/me/macross...80624list00.jpg

http://www.data.gov.cn/uploadme/me/macross...80624list01.jpg

Edited by kresphy

It could also be Brera

Uhmmmmm......

IIRC, Pineapple Salad in SDFM was Episode 18.

:ph34r: Its pretty close so the odds of Skull Leader "buying the farm" is really high. :(

It could also be Brera

Uhmmmmm......

IIRC, Pineapple Salad in SDFM was Episode 18.

:ph34r: Its pretty close so the odds of Skull Leader "buying the farm" is really high. :(

Considering how this series has been taking events of previous series and turning them on end, I'd bet that Ranka will finally recognize Brera as her brother just before his demise. Let's face it, she is beginning to become a tragic character and this would be one more damn thing...

;)

Considering how this series has been taking events of previous series and turning them on end, I'd bet that Ranka will finally recognize Brera as her brother just before his demise. Let's face it, she is beginning to become a tragic character and this would be one more damn thing...

;)

I think not,

Brera is not going snuff out before the ultimate showdown with Alto !

Edited by vanpang

I don't think not,

Brera is not going snuff out before the ultimate showdown with Alto !

Yep... Perhaps

the trigger for Alto's vendetta on Brera will be Ozma's death. Ozma and Brera will get in some kick ass fight. Ozma will win, but will die afterwards. Brera will survive since he is a cyborg...

Since the upcoming episodes of Macross Frontier seem to be linked to those of the original SDF Macross, I believe that the events in them may occur in a very similar way.

For example,

Episode 15 is called "Lost Peace", which may indicate that there will be a large scale attack on Frontier by the Vajra. By the end they may have completely overrun the colony fleet. The original SDF Macross had a similar episode with Zentradis invading the SDF-1.

Then comes Episode 16, called "Ranka Attack". Perhaps NUNS/SMS will finally use Ranka's singing as a weapon ("Minmai Defense" anyone?) to stop the Vajra and save the fleet.

After that, in Episode 17 ("Goodby Brother") Grace's faction will use Brera in his VF-27 to kidnapp Ranka. Ozma will stop Brera, but will be mortally wounded in the process... Or perhaps the one dying will be Brera (who may end up being her real brother)... who knows...?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Louder. I don't think they heard you in Antarctica.

Uh... I'd come up with a witty retort, but unfortunately I don't know any Antarctica jokes.

But anyway, back on topic.

Yep... Perhaps

the trigger for Alto's vendetta on Brera will be Ozma's death. Ozma and Brera will get in some kick ass fight. Ozma will win, but will die afterwards. Brera will survive since he is a cyborg...

Interesting, this one is possibly the more probably scenario since they seem to be trying to build a rivalry between Alto and Brera, but it as of yet doesn't have a real catalyst to get it started.

Edited by d3v