About the Macross Chronicles

Check this page out, which has some small photos of what some of the pages are going to be.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2753257

eh? i only see the cover picture. and no descriptions either? browser settings?

edit:

weird. now i can see it if i click from the quoted link instead of the original post.

ok, that does it. i'm caving in and ordering. will probably order the blu-ray as well to justify the shipping. the h311 if it came with english subs or not, i want that All That VF special.

Edited by Major Focker

From the cover image, the first issue will have:

Mechanic Sheet: VF-1J, VF-25 Excaliber

Character Sheet: Lynn Minmay, Mash (unless there's some other character with the same name, it should be the "New Half" from Macross II)

Timeline Sheet: Alien Existence & Unification War

Technology Sheet: Variable Fighter

Goods Sheet: Takatoku Toys (something is written before, but I can't make it out)

History Sheet: Galaxy Concert Tour

World Guide Sheet: (can't make it out, but looks like something about immigration fleet?)

Gallery Sheet: Love Do You Remember

Song Sheet: Diamond Crevasse, Iteza Gogo 9ji Don't be late

The magazine limited sale Yamato Valkyries are the 1/48 Ichijo Hikaru VF-1S (Weathering Type) and 1/48 Max VF-1A.

Also, speaking of Minmay's character sheet, is anyone else annoyed that they use her Chinese dress illustration so much, when she only appears that way for two episodes? If they wanted to use a TV illustration, they could have at least used her Eps. 27 dress, which at least looks more like what she does in every early episode.

Edited by lynn2009

It has a typo already...

the cover says VF-19 kai Excaliber

typo is by lynn2009 :p

thanks lynn2009 for the updates. i'm really very tempted to get this, hopefully there is a lower cost alternative. :(

EDIT: added kai to vf-19

Edited by Shun

What book is this?

Are you talking about this: http://www.amazon.co.jp/BS%E3%82%A2%E3%83%...1861&sr=8-5

I need to read that!

Sorry for the "Excaliber" typo. Not a word I use everyday, even though I did stay in that funky Las Vegas hotel.

Yes, that's the book. While it does go into some good behind the scenes details about the movie and series overall, a lot of the feeling I came out with was negative. For example, they call Gundam a "manly" anime, while Macross is "boyish." Lots of positive review about the mecha and action scenes, but the story and characters gets negative feedback. On page 50, they call lines and scenes in the movie corny, beat up on the characters as unrealistic, and call Kawamori a "romantic" with unreal, idealized female characters. Yes, Gundam had very realistic characters with Amuro whining about being slapped, hair-twisting Garma, and the kids as comedy relief shout "This is a real man's anime!"

Yes, Gundam had very realistic characters with Amuro whining about being slapped, hair-twisting Garma, and the kids as comedy relief shout "This is a real man's anime!"

Yeah, at least Minmay's little cousin Yotchan had the decency to disappear completely after the first clutch of episodes... ^_^

Yeah, at least Minmay's little cousin Yotchan had the decency to disappear completely after the first clutch of episodes... ^_^

hey!! he's the boss of the huge chain of Super Dimension Restaurants Nyan Nyan!!

maybe we'll get a glimpse of him in Macross F :ph34r:

hey!! he's the boss of the huge chain of Super Dimension Restaurants Nyan Nyan!!

Well...he was in 2045...who knows about now.

Another Macross 7 Docking Festival Fun Fact: Shammy has 11 kids and lives on the Moon. :blink:

I've e-mailed various bookstores and only Kinokuniya San Jose (CA) replied back regarding Macross Chronicles and the price:

Thank you very much for using Kinokuniya Bookstores <San Jose>.

We will carry Macross Chronicle

for subscription with $115.00/6mos. and $206.00/12mos.

We are not planning to carry the binder,

but you can place a special order.

Looks like $9.58 per issue for six months, or $8.58 per issue for 12 months. Only quoted for pick-up at the store.

I've e-mailed various bookstores and only Kinokuniya San Jose (CA) replied back regarding Macross Chronicles and the price:

Looks like $9.58 per issue for six months, or $8.58 per issue for 12 months. Only quoted for pick-up at the store.

SWEET!

Lynn2009, did you place a subscription? Was it through e-mail? I've tried contacting the SJ store in the past through e-mail, but have never received a response.

Lynn2009, did you place a subscription? Was it through e-mail? I've tried contacting the SJ store in the past through e-mail, but have never received a response.

No, I haven't placed a subscription yet. Kinokuniya is pretty bad at responding back to e-mails, so I'll be stopping by the store next week to place it in person. You can probably place it via phone, I would guess.

Whoa! I thought the release was July 24th? Damn, is it still available (binder and all) from HMV?

I'll try looking for one this afternoon.

Well...he was in 2045...who knows about now.

Well, we might have enough space for a good side story there, Super Dimension Delinquent Yot-chan!

Whoa! I thought the release was July 24th? Damn, is it still available (binder and all) from HMV?

Nah, made a mistake. It was my copy of Great mechanics DX 5 that shipped from HMV Japan, not the Macross Chronicles.

Graham

Morpheus

Oh, thanks

Graham

Had me frightened good and proper there :) Still, I suppose I better get my act together and get a pre-order with someone soon. The 24th is creeping up fast.

Not out yet, its on the 24th. Darn and I was thinking I can read it tonight. :angry:

The official homepage has been revamped with pics and descriptions of all pages. Each issue will be 32 pages, A4 size, full-color. Although the early flyer mentioned covering the non-main series (ie games), they're not listed as series being covered on the main page. Perhaps they'll be covered on the "Goods Sheets."

http://books.shopro.co.jp/macross/index.html

Also, there's information about Issue 2:

Mechanic Sheet:

SDF-1 Macross

VF-1J Valkyrie (AGAIN?? Maybe a typo?)

SNN Valkyrie

Character Sheet:

Mylene Flair Jenius (can't remember the correct romanization)

Soldiers of Anti-UN Group

Timeline Sheet:

Mayan Island Battle

Mayan Priestess

History Sheet:

Release of "Shao-pai-ron" Movie

Gallery Sheet:

Macross F

Song Sheet:

...Dakedo Baby!!/ Sweet Fantasy

Goods Sheet:

Yamato Corporation

Making Sheet:

Shoji Kawamori

For those Japanese subscribers that go through the Shopro website, they'll receive some kind of bonus goodie (hasn't been revealed yet).

Looks like two character pages per issue, with the second focusing on some crappy secondary character.

lynn2009, is there any additional information I should include when placing a subscription order? I'm guessing that it should be somewhat easy to find on the computer, but since I don't speak Japanese, any additional information that would help the staff at the bookstore would be great.

So if I'm living in the States, where would be the best place to go for this? Also, any possibility on picking up the first two since I didn't pre-subscribe? Thanks.

Edit: I've checked HMV but I have no clue if they'll deliver to the States...don't see why they wouldn't though.

Edited by Oihan

So if I'm living in the States, where would be the best place to go for this? Also, any possibility on picking up the first two since I didn't pre-subscribe? Thanks.

Edit: I've checked HMV but I have no clue if they'll deliver to the States...don't see why they wouldn't though.

Yes, HMV does ship internationally.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/help/index.asp?q=024003002

lynn2009, is there any additional information I should include when placing a subscription order? I'm guessing that it should be somewhat easy to find on the computer, but since I don't speak Japanese, any additional information that would help the staff at the bookstore would be great.

Sorry, I didn't see this message. The only thing I can recommend doing is printing up the Macross Chronicle homepage and giving them the website http://books.shopro.co.jp/macross/, with the pricing and publisher visible (which is Weve and Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions 株式会社ウィーヴ|小学館集英社プロダクション). Even when I placed my order successfully at San Jose's Kinokuniya with the e-mail I got from them, they still needed to look up information about the magazine. Took about five minutes (I was picking up my Newtypes anyway), but all was successful.

Good luck! Hopefully it won't be too hard, except on the wallet.

If I get it, it'll be through Kinokuniya since I live near a couple.

Kinokuniya for me as well. I ordered the first issue, but I really hope they'll just carry the magazine...the L.A. store doesn't seem to be big on Frontier, though...

And cripes, I already get Gundam Ace every month...I really DON'T need another magazine to collect, but I really can't say no, either.

Sorry, I didn't see this message. The only thing I can recommend doing is printing up the Macross Chronicle homepage and giving them the website http://books.shopro.co.jp/macross/, with the pricing and publisher visible (which is Weve and Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions 株式会社ウィーヴ|小学館集英社プロダクション). Even when I placed my order successfully at San Jose's Kinokuniya with the e-mail I got from them, they still needed to look up information about the magazine. Took about five minutes (I was picking up my Newtypes anyway), but all was successful.

Good luck! Hopefully it won't be too hard, except on the wallet.

Oh, no problem. I did it in person this afternoon, and the salesclerk looked it up on the computer, so I'm assuming the order has been placed properly. It is a bit expensive, but since it's bimonthly, that does make me feel a little bit better. Thanks for your help!

Kinokuniya for me as well. I ordered the first issue, but I really hope they'll just carry the magazine...the L.A. store doesn't seem to be big on Frontier, though...

And cripes, I already get Gundam Ace every month...I really DON'T need another magazine to collect, but I really can't say no, either.

Anyone who lives in San Francisco might check with the anime/manga Kinokuniya store (they opened a separate store for anime and manga last year? or was it early this year?)--if any Kinokuniya store is going to put it on the shelves it would be that one. (I think I saw the Gundam 'version' there? I could be wrong.)

Oh, no problem. I did it in person this afternoon, and the salesclerk looked it up on the computer, so I'm assuming the order has been placed properly. It is a bit expensive, but since it's bimonthly, that does make me feel a little bit better. Thanks for your help!

Bi-MONTHLY? No, no, no...dig a little deeper in those pockets, my friend...it's bi-WEEKLY. :o