Macross Frontier Episode 4 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 4 Rating  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think about episode 4?

• Positive (Go Ranka! Go Alto!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion (explain)
    • Negative (Girl can't sing and the boy can't fly straight)

Isn't it obvious? "Tuna" in Japanese is "Maguro," which is almost the same as "Makuro."

*sings* MAAA-Gu-Ross! MAAA-Gu-Ross! -DUNdundundundun- MAAAAAAAAGGROSS!!!

EDIT: Phil K beat me to it.

Well, it's a good thing I'm not a translator :) Thanks Phil K.

Thank goodness that's ALL you think ;)

Ok, back on topic. This episode looks full of AWESOME and WIN.

To quote the designer of the YF-19: "Please don't assume I'm like you." :p

So do we know the name of the cute/sexy Zentran? :D (If it was posted, gomen nasai. I probably missed it).

Yeah, it's クラン クラン. For some reason, this gets transliterated as "Klan Klein." It looks to me more like "Klan Klan," but whatever...

PRE-EDIT: Someone's gonna beat me to this, too, I'm sure.

Another great episode. Fantastic, absolutely. If this show doesn't do some serious business in japan when its all said and done, I'm going to say there is something seriously wrong over there.

Was also nice to see it deviate from the manga a bit, keeps me from expecting to know what is going to happen.

BTW, the "jumbo breasts" character designs are cheap, early 90's anime bad. Who OKed this crap? And just how exactly does Ranka text on that green thing?

Edited by Duke Togo

wow, weird that the meltran is a fully grown adult (and very well-endowed

:wub: ) but becomes a loli kid after being micronized. doesn't make any sense for me, unless there's some sort of controls during the micronization to chose what "age/size" in either "modes".

Poor Ranka at the contest.... cute bag (lol... kiddy's bag)

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2308/rankasbagmy2.jpg

Fish Heads again??! :lol:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4532/fishheadfb5.jpg

bridge bunnies

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/8650/bridgebunnieswn0.jpg

Next Ep preview pic .... alto and sheryl already at it?? :o:lol:

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4976/hmmmmky5.jpg

Edited by Shun

To quote the designer of the YF-19: "Please don't assume I'm like you." :p

Yeah, it's クラン クラン. For some reason, this gets transliterated as "Klan Klein." It looks to me more like "Klan Klan," but whatever...

PRE-EDIT: Someone's gonna beat me to this, too, I'm sure.

Ok, I'll wait to see what the official name is before using it all over the place. :wub:

I wish subs could come out sooner. I've been watching the RAWs for every episode until now and I don't know what's worse; seeing the episode as raw and wonder what's going on and then wait for the subs to appear or just not seeing anything and wait even longer until a sub is out... -_-

Edited by Aegis!

I'm surprised how slow this is downloading for me. Usually these files are flying by the time I start downloading them. It keeps fluctuating from "11 hours remaining" to "5 hours." :wacko:

Mine's not as bad as that, but I've been downloading for and hour and eleven minutes, and I'm only at 55%...

Hey, I'm doing my part...I'm just going to let this seed for the remainder of the day.

And I really want to know

what that Zentradi ship was doing out there

, myself. Unless (and maybe the subs will bear this out)

they happened to run into the Vajra on their own

Hey, I'm doing my part...I'm just going to let this seed for the remainder of the day.

And I really want to know

what that Zentradi ship was doing out there

, myself. Unless (and maybe the subs will bear this out)

they happened to run into the Vajra on their own

It's the remnants of a 7000 year old battlefield that the Pixie squadron found on a scouting mission.

I finished watching the raw. I have a feeling that I'm missing a lot of important bits, but here's what I gathered:

Considering how much Alto-hime hates kabuki, he sure did take a few things from it, like his victory pose. His dad seems to be a lot more famous than we originally thought, too.

When Alto launched off, he said "Thank you!" just like Hikaru did in the intro of DYRL.

Alto and KK made a heart-shape as they were dogfighting, and they seem to be rather evenly matched. Maybe the real triangle is between Alto, Ranka and KK, and all the Sheryl stuff is just misleading. Alto doesn't seem to take well to fully-sized women.

I'm fairly certain that Ozma explained something very important about the Vajra, but I'm not sure what. I also noticed that the BFGs on the redlobsters are mechanical, possibly bolted / grafted right onto their bodies. They may even have fusion power cores or something.

Some personnel-sized Zentran guns use reaction ammo? No wonder they want to hunt down the derelicts!

I know I say this every week, but...

DAMN! This show is AWESOME!!

This one made me fully laugh out loud three times:

1)

Nanase telling Ranka that "size doesn't matter" while her own ample assets are bobbing around. And...BOOBY BOUNCE SOUND EFFECTS!!! (Yes, I've still a ten-year-old at heart.)

2)

THE HEART! Meltrandi combat is all about love, isn't it?

3)

Luca's little crush on Ranka (I think...). Well, whatever it was that made his eyes turn into big black dots.

And it would just figure that Alto would get called out to duty during the Miss Macross contest, wouldn't it? And I liked "My Boyfriend's a Pilot" during that scene...DYRL wouldn't have worked (but I wonder why they used the "Mylene Jenius Sings Lynn Minmay" arragement...?).

But I wonder why the lone Vajra came out to attack...just happened to be in the area...?

And I watched Ozma and Alto talking about the Vajra three times, but my Japanese simply isn't good enough to get what Ozma said...can anyone explain?

But anyway...I think it's touches of humor that make Macross endearing...and this episode was chock full of 'em. I'm quite satisfied.

I finished watching the raw. I have a feeling that I'm missing a lot of important bits, but here's what I gathered:

Alto and KK made a heart-shape as they were dogfighting, and they seem to be rather evenly matched. Maybe the real triangle is between Alto, Ranka and KK, and all the Sheryl stuff is just misleading. Alto doesn't seem to take well to fully-sized women.

Fairly sure that was meant to go along with the song. Sight gag, if you will.