1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

I have ordered one of this weathering special 4 months back from Angolz, but hearing some news here claiming that it's not the original from yamato so I decide to cancel my order a month ago. It's stated that they will give a full refund i goods are not shipped yet. Till now I have yet to get my refund back. Have anyone one encounter the same problem as me?

It makes sense considering the price of it, that some would buy it simply as an investment to turn around and sell at a profit or as a collector's item to kept in mint condition, out of sunlight, etc. Still, it's a little sad to think after spending that much money on it that one wouldn't at least handle it once or twice to view it's details up close.

have you seen my pics? I opened it and transformed it for the MW Community. go pack a few dozen pages and you will see my pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yup i got my refund back but hear that some bros who ordered have yet to get their weathering and also no reply from Angolz.

Got mine from Angolz today. Some small dents in the box from the long journey though.

There is a difference between this one and the original WF exclusive. The outer jacket to the box on this new one is glossy and the WF one is matte.

Angolz came through though for anyone worried about their order.

Can someone post a picture of their WS bought from Angolz. Would like to see whats the diff?

I always wondered if the ones that were sold at the show were different than the ones that went into "mass production". Now we know. If you are a die hard collector you are looking for the Matt finish packaging and not the gloss.

It seems reasonable that they would be different. If the boxes were printed at two different times it could simply be a matter of the "ink/finish" being different between the two runs.

If I buy one I want one of the "show" examples, always have. No I know what to look for.

Uh, No. I don't think that was implied by my post. It is identical to the WF version.

So steve, you have two now? Your first one, is the WF I assume? so the blue cummerbund is matte. while the Mass Produced is glossy? wel you know what to do now? Matte clear coat haha.

:huh:;) hirohawa, i have a question for you, im wondering in which month did you purchase the roy in angolz website, because i did it in march so i can have an idea of how long is going to take for my order to be proccesed.....please tell me my friend............rick dieck

:huh:;) hirohawa, i have a question for you, im wondering in which month did you purchase the roy in angolz website, because i did it in march so i can have an idea of how long is going to take for my order to be proccesed.....please tell me my friend............rick dieck

It was awhile ago. Probably early summer late spring. Just email them as they have always answered me back.

Okay, there's one on eBay now with the shiny slip.... I'm really really thinking this is shenanigans. Something definitely seems fishy. I suspect someone got an original, then got all the stuff to make more weathering editions, and is now taking VF-1S toys and making Weathering editions (and selling them through Angolz). Naughty naughty.

I have just got mine too... But it looks okay to me. I mean, you know for bootlegs, somehow they just never get things right. The printing quality (of the slip cover and the little notes from Yamato, the tampo) would be crappy, etc.

But one possibility: it's the factory workers (who did the officials) making this. There're no new materials at all for the toy; a worker can buy a VF-1S himself and air-brush it, and the product would look exactly the same. Of course, provide that he is able to get the slip cover, the note and the tampo to throw together. But if everything is done in the same assembly line, this is quite possible...

This is just a theory, a possibility, not an accuse or statement of fact!

Just as well there is someone who ordered a large quantities, and he just decided to start selling after the market digested the first batch of supplies. Or now he needs the money in this tsunami.

Okay, there's one on eBay now with the shiny slip.... I'm really really thinking this is shenanigans. Something definitely seems fishy. I suspect someone got an original, then got all the stuff to make more weathering editions, and is now taking VF-1S toys and making Weathering editions (and selling them through Angolz). Naughty naughty.

That's a definite possibility. Calling them "knock-offs" is probably the wrong terminology since there's no disputing that they actually are Yamato valks that have been hand painted and had their stickers applied. It wouldn't be hard to have the sleeves made and lift the BW logo from another 1/48. Still, it doesn't seem right... The origin is a mystery, it's just my cynical nature that's weary of these newer releases.

I am thinking about it again, IF that is the case, we are talking about the same materials (the basic VF-1S, packing and tampo), same factory, same worker, so same as skillful, and so it's the same product we are talking about. The difference is only that Yamato didn't authorize it; but otherwise the products are identical. It just feels funny...

Again, I don't want to accuse anyone. Just a theory I think interesting.

That's a definite possibility. Calling them "knock-offs" is probably the wrong terminology since there's no disputing that they actually are Yamato valks that have been hand painted and had their stickers applied. It wouldn't be hard to have the sleeves made and lift the BW logo from another 1/48. Still, it doesn't seem right... The origin is a mystery, it's just my cynical nature that's weary of these newer releases.

hahaha...Yamato weathered effect is smudgy on your fingers, maybe this 'knock off' won't smudge off and have better playability instead of having your USD500+ 'too expensive' toy stored in a closet with the box collecting dust for noone to see or know about it but your subconscious mind

Edited by Valkyrie addict

hahaha...Yamato weathered effect is smudgy on your fingers, maybe this 'knock off' won't smudge off and have better playability instead of having your USD500+ 'too expensive' toy stored in a closet with the box collecting dust for noone to see or know about it but your subconscious mind

LOL :lol:

dont the authentic ones have that small white piece of paper in japanese indicating its weathered effect.. i think the new one don't have those.

as far as i know...the ones that were sold at WF didnt have any , only the ones were sold online has that white paper

Edited by Vegas

• 3 weeks later...

<h1 id="itemname"> 1 / 48 UEZARINGU completely distorted version of a special VF-1S </h1>spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

2008年4月下旬 出荷メーカー希望小売価格  18,690 円(本体価格:17,800 円) Manufacturers in 2008 shipment in late April suggested retail price of 18,690 yen (price: 17,800 yen) spacer.gifspacer.gifdetail_line.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif やまとマクロスシリーズの人気機種となる、1/48 VF-1S ロイ・フォッカー機に、「限定ウェザリング特別仕様」の発売が決定しました。 Most of the models will be MAKUROSUSHIRIZU Yamato, 1 / 48 VF-1S ROI・FOKKA machine, a "special UEZARINGU Limited" has decided to launch. 3段変形ギミックはもちろんの事、ウェザリング塗装及び一部のマーキングステッカーを施すことにより実機の風貌を再現。 The three-stage transformation gimmick thing, of course, MAKINGUSUTEKKA UEZARINGU give some of the paint and can reproduce the appearance of the real. 少数生産だからこそ可能なスペシャルアイテムです。 It can only produce a small number of special items. やまとVF-1の更なる進化を堪能して下さい。 Yamato further evolution of the VF-1 and please enjoy.

この商品は、一点一点手作業による汚し塗装(ウェザリング)を施し、マーキングも転写デカールを使用した量産では不可能な特別仕様アイテムになります。 This item is a one-point-point soiled by the hand-painted work (UEZARINGU) charity, marking the mass production of transcription using decals in the special items will be impossible.

この商品の特性上、変形及び可動は出来ますが、その際に彩色及びデカールが剥がれる可能性がございますのでご了承下さい。 On the characteristics of this product, that can be deformed and moving, but the decal on the tinted and it may剥GARERU Please note.

こちらの商品のパーツ販売はございません。 Part of the products are not sold here.

予約受付は終了いたしました。 Accepting reservations.

原型製作=株式会社フレックス材質=本体:ABS、POM、亜鉛合金、他商品サイズ=ファイター時:約31cm Flex-making = prototype, Inc. Material = body: ABS, POM, zinc alloy, the other size = Fighter Catalog at the time: about 31cm

パッケージ形態=フラップトップ付ウインドウボックスパッケージサイズ=H370×W360×D140mm(予定) Package form with the top flap UINDOUBOKKUSUPAKKEJISAIZU = = H370 × W360 × D140mm (planned)

付属品=ミサイルポッド×4 / 3連式対地ミサイル×4 / ガンポッド / パイロット / 取扱説明書、マーキングステッカー、水転写デカール Accessories = MISAIRUPODDO × 4 / 3, C-to-ground missiles ceremony × 4 / GANPODDO / pilot / Manual, MAKINGUSUTEKKA, water decals transcription spacer.gifspacer.gif ※写真はサンプルです。 ※ sample photos. 実際の商品とは、多少異なる場合があります。 What is the actual product, and may vary slightly.

Err...it means pre-order is closed, dude.

I think the page where you got this is still referring to the previous first run so this info may change on Dec 12.

Well this could be great news. Another run means the pricing will be going down on the secondary market. :)

So instead of $300~400 plus shipping you should be paying $200ish incl shipping..

That is close to right. If you live in Japan its going to cost about $200 for the valk and domestic shipping plus about $10 for the membership. If you live out side of Japan then no those prices are not correct.