5 hours ago, chyll2 said:

suddenly the idea of Season 3 is a hit on me.

Has Gundam (unless we're counting UC) ever had a season 3 proper? I suppose seed destiny could count, but wasn't that because seed was insanely (and still is) popular in Japan?

I wonder if IBO has reached that level of popularity...

Edited by Archer

2 hours ago, dizman said:

At this point I just want a Calamity War movie or OVA, there's a much more interesting story hidden in the past we've yet to see.

I would love for them to do the Calamity War. Start at the beginning and depending on how long the war was supposed to be do some time jumps highlighting the progress. I think there is some real potential there that other gundam series haven't touched on. It would be awesome if season 2 ends with a cliff hanger and season 3 is the Calamity War. Then they could have some plot device during the Calamity War that would concluded the series in the fourth season. 

Ahhh, wishful thinking. 

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Has Gundam (unless we're counting UC) ever had a season 3 proper? I suppose seed destiny could count, but wasn't that because seed was insanely (and still is) popular in Japan?

I wonder if IBO has reached that level of popularity...

None of the alternate universes (non-UC) have had more than two series and an OVA/movie, except for Seed. I believe you are right that Seed is very popular in Japan, like Gundam Wing in the States. And the separate UC series (original Gundam, Zeta, ZZ, Victory) only did two seasons. I would say the Universal Century has several series and each series was two seasons or less.  

19 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

47 episodes in of IBO and I have to say I'm quite impressed with how little stock footage or reused animation there is for a mecha show. 

Yeah, Seed and Seed destiny had so much re-used animation. The only re-used animation in IBO that I can recall is the Gusion RFC's scissor attack. 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Yeah, Seed and Seed destiny had so much re-used animation. The only re-used animation in IBO that I can recall is the Gusion RFC's scissor attack. 

Which thankfully wasn't used very much, because it's regoddamndiculus.

Ugh-

At this point IBO seems like an exercise in masochism. All this crap happening to Tekkadan and now Orga gone.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was McGillis that ordered the hit in order to get Mika to freak.

8 minutes ago, Marzan said:

Ugh-

Reveal hidden contents

At this point IBO seems like an exercise in masochism. All this crap happening to Tekkadan and now Orga gone.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was McGillis that ordered the hit in order to get Mika to freak.

Spoiler

You may very well be right. No one else knew abt orga escaping at that very moment! It certainly would set up a barbatos v bael..after bael disposes of the vidar...

unless of course the phones were tapped or rustal was monitoring the admoss office...

.....maaaybe orga survives? still numb tho...

Just now, seti88 said:
  Hide contents

You may very well be right. No one else knew abt orga escaping at that very moment! It certainly would set up a barbatos v bael..after bael disposes of the vidar...

unless of course the phones were tapped or rustal was monitoring the admoss office...

.....maaaybe orga survives? still numb tho...

I'm pretty sure he's dead. They really like killing the good guys off in this series while letting vermin like Iok and Julietta survive again and again and again.

18 minutes ago, Marzan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure he's dead. They really like killing the good guys off in this series while letting vermin like Iok and Julietta survive again and again and again.

Spoiler

I would have tot orga's smarts to perhaps wear a bullet proof vest. Since Mcgillis didnt seem to care abt tekkadan, orga would not have trusted him.
Still holding on to any possibility, tho i get it wouldnt be a stretch for the writers to kill him off, since they already put us on a roller coaster.

Next episodes mecha animation looks to be pumped up as expected!

Well damn, another episode where I'm shedding tears for IBO. :( It's crazy how much I disliked the first season, but for some reason I stuck with this season and I feel rewarded with season 2 where all of the crap is going down. I remember I only shed tears once throughout Gundam 00 when a certain sniper bought the farm. 

Spoiler

All eyes are now on who ordered the hit on Orga. Was it Macky?, Makanai, or Rustval himself? I also think it was Macky Macky, but lets see how this goes next week. Oh and next week's episode is named after Mcgillis so he's either going to die or reveal his REAL plan.  It's also funny how much plot armor our supposed villains have. Usually it's the other way around where our heroes have ALL the armor in the world. :lol:

Spoiler

When I saw the guys standing by the car wearing their tekkadan coats on the open street I figured somebody was gonna bite the dust, then everybody started to talk about hope and future plans while walking towards the car. Shame it had to be Orga but it was going to happen eventually, his death actually feels appropriate seeing as he was more of a CEO than a fighter in season 2.

We still end up with a lot of things so sort out in the last (?) two episodes. Will McG just go into orbit and kill Rustal with a Bazooka shot to the Bridge Char Aznable style? Will Iok go full circle and kill Mikazuki somehow? Will Gaelio kill Julia to spare her becoming the next Frankengraze? Who will survive, and what will be left of them...

Oh and nice to see Azee has moved up within Teiwaz.

6 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

The only Gundam show I've watched is Gundam Wing, but after being at Japan a seing Gundam merch all over the place, I feel like watching another Gundam show. 

Which ones would you recommend? 

Gundam Origin is a good way to get into the Universal Century series. I would recommend reading the mangas if you can, I haven't watch the anime yet. 8th MS Team, War in the Pocket, and Stardust Memory are a must.  Zeta Gundam and Char's Counter attack are good, but you should watch the Origin or the original Gundam Series to get the most out of them. Victory Gundam and F91 are also very good (F91 more so). 

Gundam 00 is great as a stand alone series. G Gundam and Gundam X are worth a watch but aren't as good as Gundam 00 in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

The only Gundam show I've watched is Gundam Wing, but after being at Japan a seing Gundam merch all over the place, I feel like watching another Gundam show. 

Which ones would you recommend? 

Go to the beginning. Check out the Mobile Suit Gundam film trilogy. It boils all the essence of the original film series into 3 movies and is highly recommendable.

I watched the Origin on Hulu last week. It was pretty cool, and it inspired me to check out the original show. I'm about 5 episodes is at this point. Following up Origin's animation with the '79 is a bit jarring, but the story's good so far. 

5 hours ago, Kelsain said:

I watched the Origin on Hulu last week. It was pretty cool, and it inspired me to check out the original show. I'm about 5 episodes is at this point. Following up Origin's animation with the '79 is a bit jarring, but the story's good so far. 

Good you passed the test. :) It seems most people these days can't get over themselves to see the great story tying the first gundam series and drop it right away because of the "icky 70s" animation.

Once you get engrossed in the story though you'll find yourself largely not caring about the older animation style and actually start to appeciate the aesthetic of it and what they were able to accomplissh at the time.

10 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Good you passed the test. :) It seems most people these days can't get over themselves to see the great story tying the first gundam series and drop it right away because of the "icky 70s" animation.

Once you get engrossed in the story though you'll find yourself largely not caring about the older animation style and actually start to appeciate the aesthetic of it and what they were able to accomplissh at the time.

TBH, the CG mobile suits in Origin felt weirder to me than the hokey animation of the original. The MS-04 Bugu is great, though.

I really like how well thought out the world is. This extends to many Gundam series, but particularly the original. The political intricacies, the accurate mapping of the Earth Sphere with respect to LaGrange Points, O'Neill Colonies. Sure, it's got Giant Robots, but even those have a passable justification.

So it looks like the next anime release has been announced (or will be announced shortly). Twilight Axis is a short story that takes place after Unicorn and kinda ties up the ending of that and Char's Counterattack. I don't know much else about it other than there is a red Zaku III and a Gundam that is a mix between the Nu and Alex.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/22-1/gundam-twilight-axis-anime-announcement-reportedly-coming-this-week