Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

I was worried the 100th MG kit was going to be one of the non MG kits I've ordered, I would have been annoyed if it turned out i only needed to wait a little bit longer for MG versions. But now we know its going to be gold witch means it could be based on a yellow or gold suit in my opinion.

Does the 100th MG actually has to be from Gundam? Could it be from another show like the Patlabor MGs.

Ummm, no. The Gold-plated version of MG #100 is a limited edition and only given out to 100 people who guess the correct answer to what #100 will be. There have been other non-yellow/gold MGs, which have had that gold plated treatment (G and Master) so it is not limited to gold-colored MSs.

Yes, it will be from the Gundam series.

The Funnels are the source of my main frustration now, as their connection-point to the body is weak and they fall off with the slightest movement (I'll have to put pegs in there to help them stay on I guess). The clear plastic mounts for them are too weak to support the weight as well. So if you do mount them in flight on the stand, they'll last for about a day so so before the start to droop, and after 48 hours I have two that are almost touching the ground. Again, no big problem, as I can get sturdier replacements, but still, I really feel like why should I have to.

magnet possible?

There have been other non-yellow/gold MGs, which have had that gold plated treatment (G and Master) so it is not limited to gold-colored MSs.

Good point, I was thinking of the Hyakushiki, the first release was gold plated then the second release was yellow. I've not seen G-Gundam so I assumed gold was the colour the suits change into like the guys in Dragon Ball.

Whoa! So this occurs after Char's Counter Attack?

The main story occurs in UC 0096. However, they start in UC 0001. An unspecified number of events occur prior to 0096 which impact the main story in some way.

I'm going to guess that 100 is going to be jagd-doga or possibly a 2.0 Sazabi, since they did the Hi-Nu. However, I have a feeling that being 100 it will be a Gundam. Since the RX-78 has been done to death, I'm thinking 1/100 Deep Striker.

it could be a classic style rx-78 useing new technolgy to produce it but have it based on the anime and line art from the late 70's and early 80's as a tribute of the mech that started it all.

chris

Seriously, how could it NOT be RX-78? This is Japan we're talking about, the most predictable country when it comes to these things. You've just seen the Zaku Mk2, and Char's Zaku being released, I doubt they will now go with Turn A. Moreover the RX-78 is the most popular model in Japan, without exception. Really, its the reason why mecha models exist today, as it pressed the move from Chonking to Plastic.

I could be eating my words come May, but it would REALLY be a shock if they did something else. I'd say the only other possibility is the NU, as it is amuro's final gundam, and the "ultimate expression" of the line.

Edited by Noyhauser

Just got the 1/100 Akatsuki. Might not be a MG kit, but it's darn near close IMO. B))

Also got the MG Zeta 3. Not much to say about it except that if you're skillful enough to paint the pink markings, save your money and just use a MG Zeta v2. ;)

All this talk about having the Turn A Gundam being the 100th MG, does it really have a great chance, I thought the Turn A wasn't really all that popular in japan because of the mustache design. Won't Bandai release a super popular Gundam for 100th. If it turns out to be Turn A I would be annoyed, cause I already ordered the non MG version.

In February, the Turn A site was activated to celebrate the upcoming releases of the DVD Memorial Box Sets starting this month.

This could easliy be complemented with associated Gunpla releases.

http://www.turn-a-gundam.net/

Edited by GRAND CANNON

In February, the Turn A site was activated to celebrate the upcoming releases of the DVD Memorial Box Sets starting this month.

This could easliy be complemented with associated Gunpla releases.

http://www.turn-a-gundam.net/

I'm thinking of getting the Turn A boxsets, but they are very expensive. I'm in the middle of collecting victory gundam dvds.

When the victory memorial box came out they didn't release any new models of that series by the way, and since victory wasn't all that popular in japan and the mustache design of the Turn A was a turn off for them too, I reckon Bandai would go for a super, mega, ultra popular gundam design to celebrate 100th MG. They did release first gundam on dvd not long ago as well, along with 08th team.....

Face it guys you know its a new ver. of yhe RX-78-2.

totally agree, the oyw version is really good, it wouldn't be bad if they can improve on it.

However, it could be just a re-issue of mg #1.. retro style ..