1/48 VF-1D conversion kit inquiry.

captain america

Alright people, talked to Capt about this, and we are a go - I am going to be making hollow head lasers for the 1D head (once I'm able to get a copy of the head from Capt). PM me if you're interested, and I'll keep a running list here of who wants the hollow head lasers. Figure it's best to release them about the same time as the conversion kit is being released, so customs can be made all at the same time...

All together now, "WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!" Looking sweat Cap'n A, just one quick question, is that the proper amount of cut out from the chest for the extended cockpit, I seem to remember more being removed before, but maybe I am mistaken.

Hi Knight26.

Based on the diagram below, the cut-out for the chest is just about proportionate to the same amount of extra covering that is added at the neck/chest armor. The lengthening of the cockpit also needs to be proportionate to that equation, or the transformation will malfunction.

You can see this for yourself on the 1/60 VF-1D.

post-632-1127505481_thumb.gif

Edited by captain america

Someone needs to step up and sculpt them.  Cap doesn't want to do the figs.

EXO???

330993[/snapback]

I'm already on it... but I have to wait for the finished product to make sure the figure fits properly. I looked at the pics and I'm hoping I won't have to amputate Minmay. I know some of you dig that kind of stuff though... :p

$HING $HING!

WOW! :D

That is beautiful Cap... :'(

.. I looked at the pics and I'm hoping I won't have to amputate Minmay.

:o please no :lol: btw i'm on the list for a couple of figures. Even just a Minmay one. ;)

Will she have the red dress she wore? :p

>>> ..and hey EXO, how about a Misa one?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Actually, in the battroid lineart, the area where the airbrake normally goes is pretty slim. But in fighter mode, it's longer. Goold ol' anime magic at work again! Anyways no complaints here, I prefer the way Cap went as it looks more realistic to me.

Ok my bad Cap'n A, now that I see that is looks correct, it's just been a long wierd week for me at work.

331026[/snapback]

Uh...the VF-1J 1/48 will be best suited for this conversion kit? Uh...why? I was under the impression that all 1/48's body/plane structure are the same except for their heads.

331208[/snapback]

Any 1/48 will do. However, Cap is using a VF-1J as the test subject, and will be making the parts match as close as possible to the color of the VF-1J. So, for people with no painting skills, they can still get a two seater valk that will look decent.

$HING $HING!

WOW!  :D

That is beautiful Cap...  :'(

.. I looked at the pics and I'm hoping I won't have to amputate Minmay.

:o please no :lol: btw i'm on the list for a couple of figures. Even just a Minmay one. ;)

Will she have the red dress she wore? :p

>>> ..and hey EXO, how about a Misa one?

331060[/snapback]

Misa? Why Misa? Seriously I'm thinking the one in the red dress, like the first 2 episodes and one that's sculpted into a TV valk hand. I'm even considering both Hikaru and Minmay as stand up figures... I already have one of Hikaru in his DYRL blue uniform just walking.

Misa?  Why Misa?  Seriously I'm thinking the one in the red dress, like the first 2 episodes and one that's sculpted into a TV valk hand.  I'm even considering both Hikaru and Minmay as stand up figures... I already have one of Hikaru in his DYRL blue uniform just walking.

331302[/snapback]

Cool!. And don't forget about Max and Millia figures for those of us who are planning on doing Virgin Road 1D customs! B))

Misa?  Why Misa?  Seriously I'm thinking the one in the red dress, like the first 2 episodes and one that's sculpted into a TV valk hand.  I'm even considering both Hikaru and Minmay as stand up figures... I already have one of Hikaru in his DYRL blue uniform just walking.

331302[/snapback]

Cool!. And don't forget about Max and Millia figures for those of us who are planning on doing Virgin Road 1D customs! B))

331353[/snapback]

Man... I didn't think about that...

Alright people, talked to Capt about this, and we are a go - I am going to be making hollow head lasers for the 1D head (once I'm able to get a copy of the head from Capt).  PM me if you're interested, and I'll keep a running list here of who wants the hollow head lasers.  Figure it's best to release them about the same time as the conversion kit is being released, so customs can be made all at the same time...

330979[/snapback]

Can't you get started on them straight away? I mean, I'm not rushing you or anything (or rather I am :p) but aren't they conceptually the same as the lasers for the VF-1Js? Approximate size would be the same too I would reckon.

331302[/snapback]

331353[/snapback]

Man... I didn't think about that...

331395[/snapback]

Do eet! I mean, you really would hvae to only make the Millia in the civvies figure...