NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Becareful Toynami may surprise people by doing a good job and redeam itself. If this is possible consider all that has happened with the VF-1 line. I guess we shall see what happens in the future,

Hey Stick... Cool avatar!

I really hate to say this, but look at trying to get a volume one, they are going for more than what they were new. Its just a flooded market right now, supply and demand. I just bought the last Max from planet anime for $40 and i bought a milliya for $40 too. Watch the prices start going back up once the stores are out and you need to fill your collection, I'm going to try to get all of them, along with the 1/48 lineup (becides, the 1/48 legioss/alpha models i got will go nicely with'em ;)

opps. I was referring to the VF-1 line which has no chance of ever going up.

vinnie

I don't think I would be too sure of that... I know the VF-1 MPCs were not what was expected, and in light of Yamato, they are rather pitiful, but they do have a uniqueness to them that may just put them in a "collectable" status some day. 15,000 is not a large run for each variant, so they may be pretty scarce in the future....

I don't buy my toys to sell them anyway though.

well from what i heard the alphas are "supposedly" pretty good but i'll have to see it to believe it. <_<

i got robbed buying the RH MPC thinking it was going to be the bomb w/o playing with it first. sad to say it was a total piece of crap, along with the rest of the MPC's. :angry:

anyway, i haven't touched since the day i got it...it hurts my eyes to just look at it. B)

so far the only thing they made i like are the alpha SP ONLY!

i'll have to wait for a review from a crazed, super anal, microscope rocking, ill nitpicking, MW'er with mad pics and not some random dude who thinks everything mac/robo is cool.

otherwise, i'll wait until toynami's licensing rights expire and a REAL company gets their hands on it.

Edited by haterist

Yeah Ladic, I love it when ya post, You should have her as a signature at the bottom of all your posts :blink::huh::)

Anyway, I'm definatly getting all that toynami has to offer in the alphas (betas and whatever they want to offer) Anyway, i got a hell oof a deal on the VF-1's soo, I think thiese are going to sell way better and I dont think the price will drop much unless the production numbers are high,,,, :(

I'm sorta glad the MPC Alpha has been delayed as it means that hopefully Toynami is taking their time to work out any bugs and improve the product.

Also, it will help to give my wallet a rest, although there's still lots of other stuff I want coming out this year :(

Graham

I'm sorta glad the MPC Alpha has been delayed as it means that hopefully Toynami is taking their time to work out any bugs and improve the product.

Also, it will help to give my wallet a rest, although there's still lots of other stuff I want coming out this year :(

Graham

What he said... :D

Toynami can delay until second quarter next year for all I care... I just want a quality toy of the Alpha... And I could use a break with the money issue as well... PLUS Yamato still has a couple of things for this year don't they?

Does anyone have any of those morphers (alpha) and are they better than the VF-1's (morphers)

I do have the Alpha Morphers(14) and like them way better than the Veritech Morphers.

Here are some pictures of someones collection. link .

I hope the matallic paint ones are even better. I will get these also. I just love Alpha's. :D

Edited by Mechafan

toynami pisses me off wirth their delays.

BTW.

Do any of you MPC lovers like the HCM more?

discuss!!!

I was never a fan of the HCM; a poorly representation of the VF-1 then the older 1/55ths and it seems like their fingers were prone to breaking. I have never owned an HCM and currently have no desire to persue one.

I was never a fan of the HCM; a poorly representation of the VF-1 then the older 1/55ths and it seems like their fingers were prone to breaking. I have never owned an HCM and currently have no desire to persue one.

I've owned 4 HCMs in the past 15 years and presently still own 3. None of the fingers on mine have ever broken. In fact, no parts have broken at all.

Despite many people claiming that the HCM is fragile (when most of them don't actually own one), I've personally found it to be a very sturdy toy. About the only part you need to take care with are the VF-1S's head lasers which are quite thin and stiff to rotate.

And yes, I do prefer the HCM to both the MPC and the Taka/Bandai 1/55.

Graham

I was never a fan of the HCM;  a poorly representation of the VF-1 then the older 1/55ths and it seems like their fingers were prone to breaking.  I have never owned an HCM and currently have no desire to persue one.

I've owned 4 HCMs in the past 15 years and presently still own 3. None of the fingers on mine have ever broken. In fact, no parts have broken at all.

Despite many people claiming that the HCM is fragile (when most of them don't actually own one), I've personally found it to be a very sturdy toy. About the only part you need to take care with are the VF-1S's head lasers which are quite thin and stiff to rotate.

Graham

Graham's absolutely right. The rumors about the HCM being fragile began at Valkyrie Hangar (or Factory, I forgot). I've never spoken with an HCM owner who's said that it's fragile. I agree that the fingers look fragile, but this is good old 80's ABS plastic, not the cheap sh1t you get nowadays. :p The head lasers are definitely the weakest point, you just need to be careful with them. Anyways, the HCM's have been around for nearly 20 years and have withstood the test of time. Let's see how well the MPC ages.

I don't like the MPCs, so naturally, I like my HCM more. Like many HCM owners, I have no idea where the whole "fragile" thing came from. I've never had any problems with mine (I wish I could say the same for the MPC I bought, but I can't, hence my disappointment towards it.) Maybe its fragile compared to a Chunky Monkey, but not compared to any of the other Valkyrie toys out there.

I was never a fan of the HCM;  a poorly representation of the VF-1 then the older 1/55ths and it seems like their fingers were prone to breaking.  I have never owned an HCM and currently have no desire to persue one.

Graham

Graham's absolutely right. The rumors about the HCM being fragile began at Valkyrie Hangar (or Factory, I forgot). I've never spoken with an HCM owner who's said that it's fragile. I agree that the fingers look fragile, but this is good old 80's ABS plastic, not the cheap sh1t you get nowadays. :p The head lasers are definitely the weakest point, you just need to be careful with them. Anyways, the HCM's have been around for nearly 20 years and have withstood the test of time. Let's see how well the MPC ages.

My opinion on the HCM having fragile fingers is completely based on all the eBay auctions I have watched throughout the years... about every other HCM that shows up has one or more broken fingers.

I can't say anything about HCM's for I don't own one and if I did I would probably be upfront and say they were fragile cause back than in the 80's I was playing with toys like any child my age would of been.

I own only a few brands of Macross like toys, Toynami, Yamato and that's it really...and I don't even really play with them, hell I never really do. I may put them in lil poses or what not, but I never keep them in the box that's just nuts.

But there are some big differences between toys now and back than. Back than toys were made to last, I STILL got toys from the early 80's that have lasted longer than toys I've collected now.

One thing I can say is my MPC collection is near it's completion as I purchased a Miriya MPC the other day from Twinmoons and should get it sometime next week since he's taking payment off it tomorrow morning, I love getting paid.

On another note, while disappointed about the "Alpha" delay, I do quite enjoy the alpha morphers. Although they look ass-y in armo-fighter, I really like the armo-soldier sculpt.

Has anyone taken a knife to one to see if a somewhat accurate fighter can be made (shortening transformed legs and arms)?

I am temped, but I only have one...