Fang of the Sun: Dougram

On 1/13/2023 at 4:06 PM, TehPW said:

I'll never look at an Unseen Battlemaster quite the same way after this... :D Are those angled launchers artillery or smoke (in Battletech, they were considered MLs on a stock BLR-1G)? I asked my wife about this suit " It looks like a nurse's outift' *giggles*

Nurse outfit? Lol! I can sort of see in an insane asylum orderly type of way.

Honestly though? My first instinct was either 80s BreakDancer or Russian mobster. 😆

On 1/13/2023 at 3:06 PM, TehPW said:

I'll never look at an Unseen Battlemaster quite the same way after this... :D Are those angled launchers artillery or smoke (in Battletech, they were considered MLs on a stock BLR-1G)? I asked my wife about this suit "It looks like a nurse's outift' *giggles*

I believe those were smoke launchers or various items like signals or flares. Most of the combat armors had them in some location and most of the humanoid ones had them near the head

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BBTS has the Max Factory 1/72 kit of the Combat Armors on sale for US$22.50 from US$44.99.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/172660

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Same also for Max Factory 1/72 Big Foot (Snow Camouflage) kit for US$39 from US$77.99.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/152454

image.jpeg.1a464d8f3fcfbea8195d7924ab736e4f.jpeg

image.jpeg.55f461d6a1306bb8b41c99bd4fd1640e.jpeg

image.jpeg.57e6783c2e18c3155429275624ca288a.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2017 at 4:39 AM, captain america said:

So 58 episodes in, my feelings about the series haven't changed: I think it's absolutely fantastic and quite surprising how much real-world political manoeuvering is shown in a series that was aimed at children.

Is this a misconception generally about "real robot" shows from the '80s? I believe post Gundam a lot of this stuff was actually dually aimed at high school kids and college students? Macross originally aired on Sundays at 14:00. Kid friendly, but also enough time for hungover College kids to wake up...? Dougram debuted on a Friday. Does anyone know what time of day? I guess they would get a lot of merch sales from kids and kids would definitely watch this stuff but young adults watched it too and picked up on the more complex themes. It's like when I was a kid I'd see war movies and of course Robotech and not necessarily understand everything but I was still enthralled. Actually, not understanding references or parallels in the real world probably made it more fascinating to my 7 year old brain. Stuff like GI Joe or Smurfs was pretty boring to me in comparison to serialised Japanese war stories. 

However, I'm watching Dougram for the first time currently (only 8 episodes in myself) and I agree with you, the political complexity is a step up from Macross or even Gundam. I had to rewatch a couple of early episodes to fully understand the plot and I'm in my 40s now! ha. 

Hi all, 

Looking at purchasing this book: 

81roM-mCEIL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Does anyone have it? I want to confirm some contents I've seen online in older Dougram books - ie breakdowns of small arms (rifles, machineguns) etc used in the series. Would these be included? I can't find much specifically about that content. Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 1:29 PM, no3Ljm said:

From WonderFest Winter 2024. Plamax 1/35 Dougram and 1/72 Soltic H8 Roundfacer. Get Truth Versions.

MX055.jpg

MX056.jpg

MX057.jpg

MX058.jpg

MX059.jpg

MX059A.jpg

MX051.jpg

MX052.jpg

MX053.jpg

Will there be more model kits in 1/35 scale ?

Just now, no3Ljm said:

At this point we're not sure if 1/35 is a one-time thing.

Thank you sir, one last question are the figures painted or need to be painted on the kit, I am looking at the 1/72 kits, but I am broke between collecting macross and gi joe classifieds lol

1 hour ago, jorawar_b said:

Thank you sir, one last question are the figures painted or need to be painted on the kit, I am looking at the 1/72 kits, but I am broke between collecting macross and gi joe classifieds lol

The 1/72 model kit are already come pre-colored. But just like any other kits, if you want to bring out all the details and stuff, you have to paint and panel line it. ;) 

Here's ZakuAurelius review on the 1/72 Dougram ver.GT kit. Hope that helps in your collecting decisions. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The 1/72 model kit are already come pre-colored. But just like any other kits, if you want to bring out all the details and stuff, you have to paint and panel line it. ;) 

Here's ZakuAurelius review on the 1/72 Dougram ver.GT kit. Hope that helps in your collecting decisions. :good: 

Thank you sir

• 1 month later...